Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Musselburgh unlucky not to have won tonight. Glad Mathu is back with us - never gives up and scored a great goal. Would like to see Connor Spowart in the starting line up as we play better when he is on. On that performance, we should finish higher up the league that Nitten.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah one of Musselburgh's best performances of the season without winning. No. 14 Michael Moffat man of the match today, with No. 11 Jed Davie improving so much game to game this season compared to last year. Management team doing a guid job with his confidence; something which was lacking last year.

We will have to temper the expectation levels a bit this year, that's obvious.  But with a smallish squad and a small budget, we're doing very well.  Really like the fight the guys show.  Come back from behind a few times this season.  Safe finish this season, kick on next year.

Musselburgh athletic were just Magical today beating broxburn 5-1 away. it was hard to pick the Man of the Match as the whole team played a Masterful Match.

so Many highlights from the game.

i. from the Moment skip scored the first goal, i knew the Mighty burgh were going to whip broxburn's ass's!

ii, ralton Memorising Mr shand's tactics by keeping on pressuring the broxburn's defence and goalie - so Much so that he scored the second goal. good for him to get in the starting line up and Made the decision hard for the Management team to drop him from next weeks line up.

ii, Mathu got the third goal, and for an 'older' Member of the team, he shows week on week that he is a Match for any youngster in the team, and is a Must as the Mussy captain.

iii, Mathu's chip in the box for Jono to score the fourth goal was just Majestic and Made it hard for his team Mates to know who to congratulate first!

iv, Magnificent save from Kieron over the bar from close range which could have Made it 4-2.

v. Mesmerising runs down the left hand wing by Conor t, one of which resulted in the goalie Making a Meal of a tackle in the penalty box, which Conor got up from to score the fifth goal from the spot.

vi, could Maintain this throughout by naming the rest of the team, but will come to My Main point which was to name My Man of the Match...

vii, Majestic performance by Gary Cherry. I think he ran the Midfield and today was the Main Man.

We kept on only one player from last season- Mr jed davie, and Maybe he Mooted the idea of joining a number of his ex-colleagues at our Midlothian neighbours newtongrange who have Made a Miserable start to the season. Maybe our own May or new Manager or assistant Manager Mr McDonald Made him see sense, because on this performance and the way our new team Mates are Merging into a Meaningful team, Me thinks that Musselburgh was the best choice.

Mon the burgh!

• 4 weeks later...

Moan the Burgh against the Hoose on Saturday. Great first half against Dundonald last week but we let ourselves down in the 2nd half. We have got the makings of a guid side so let's make sure last week was a blip and get 3 points on Saturday.

Great result for the Burgh this afternoon Apart from first 5-10 minutes of the 2nd half, won easily in the end. Silly sending off in the 2nd half particularly when we were 4-1 up! That's three away league wins in a row, so we now have to start producing the same results at home, and there is no reason why we can't finish up in our highest position in the Super League come end of season.

57 minutes ago, Sx Drugz N Martin Jol said:

Does Gary Hamilton still play with you?

Nope. Great player; and won supporters player of the year last season. However, not a great decision of his to transfer to a weaker team this season in Newtongrange Star! Having played in the Superleague for a few years, and being involved in two Junior Cup Finals in that period, I think his move to Midlothian will mean playing in the Premier League next year!

Apart from losing 4 silly goals, still an enjoyable game with Mathu getting 4 of his own in our overall tally of 8!! Think he is getting better the older he gets - obviously enjoying his return to a guid team. Some of the passing today was a joy, and Calvin and Geordie must be doing great stuff in training with the team as it is paying off! With 12 goals in the last two games it pays to watch The Burgh these days! Hopefully we get Nitten in the next round... oh wait.....

Maybe he felt put out by his younger successor so made a move to our near neighbours! Did something similar a couple of years ago with a different club, so maybe his heart isn't so much with my club any longer - which is a pity for him since he'd have been able to see loads of goals recently through his lens!

Archived