League 2 Attendances

43 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Cowdenbeath - I'd just taken the 'Settlement' output from the 2011 census data website. Looking at the accompanying map it includes Lumphinnans, Lochgelly and Hill of Beath for whatever reason.

I can  understand Lumphinans and Hill of Beath coming under Cowdenbeath (also through Crossgates did as well they also have a KY4 postcode) but I thought Lochgelly would be classed separate as its a town in its own right.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I can  understand Lumphinans and Hill of Beath coming under Cowdenbeath (also through Crossgates did as well they also have a KY4 postcode) but I thought Lochgelly would be classed separate as its a town in its own right.

Crossgates is surely a town in it's own right as well.  If you're lumping in all the KY4 postcodes you'd have to include Kelty as part of Cowdenbeath.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

On the map it's basically 2 separate shapes joined by a single line of Viewfield Terrace in Lumphinnans. Presumably the GROS decided to combine them for some reason.

All the rest are as you'd expect.

Just now, CowdenConvert said:

Crossgates is surely a town in it's own right as well.  If you're lumping in all the KY4 postcodes you'd have to include Kelty as part of Cowdenbeath.

Forgot about Kelty having the same post code your right! I always regarded Crossgates the same as HOB as coming under Cowdenbeath.

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Can't see Cowdenbeath having as much as 18,528 it has always been a steady 11,000 or so for decades. There have been a lot of new houses been built but I can't see the population having grown by 7,000.

On the wiki it says 14,081 in 2011, take it your extra must come from surrounding villages which would be about right I suppose.

I guess it depends if you count people or heads in Cowdenbeath, if it's the latter it naturally doubles the number. 

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Turns out Cowdenbeath itself is a 'Locality' within the settlement of 'Cowdenbeath' with a population of 11,401.

Aye but thats only 5 families,4 of them  true blue, unfortunately not Brazilian.

As for Kelty, tahts the Pattaya of Fife for those losers.

Don't think you can count the population of cumbernauld in the percentages as we basically told them a couple of years ago we are off to East Kilbride shove you and your stadium where the sun don't shine which in light of us still being there was superb
Public relations

1 hour ago, Loondave1 said:

"Bald men fight over comb" crowdwank posts again i see.

Truly said like a fan of a club with f**k all fans. I think most on here would agree a home gate of 1,700 is a worthy talking point. 

17 hours ago, vince sinclair said:

We've actually a no bad travelling support considering home attendances are shocking

At Stirling, Cowdenbeath seem to bring a higher % of their home attendance than the rest of the division. More difficult to be specific this season when the away stand is closed for most games.

Truly said like a fan of a club with f**k all fans. I think most on here would agree a home gate of 1,700 is a worthy talking point. 

"I think most on here would agree" you may be over sensitive.Until the advantage of a New Years local derby you were trailing us attendance wise but don't let that put you off your crowdwank.Enjoy.

Archived