League 2 Attendances

6 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

While I completely agree we are the best supported club in Angus and that none of the others would have taken the support we did to Stirling, that is our opinion.

Arbroath has a population roughly 3.5 times greater than Brechin. We also have a population that is verging on double that of Forfar. Neither of these are my opinion, they are facts based on data collated to show the population of each town.

This being the case, we should NEVER be comparing ourselves with Brechin. Brechin is a fucking village while Arbroath is the biggest town in Angus by some margain, no-where comes close to Arbroath population wise. That being the case, based on facts (population of each town) Arbroath should have crowds verging on double that of Forfar and Montrose, and several times bigger than Brechin.

As a club, Arbroath should have much more ambition than to just be slightly bigger than non entities like Brechin. They have consistently over achieved for the last 20 years, whereas we have under achieved for the vast majority of this period both on and off the park. We should be aiming to be at the level of teams like Alloa and Dumbarton in recent years, with a core home support of 7/800 which rises considerably for the bigger games.

We shouldn't be sitting about lording it up over the other Angus clubs about our slightly bigger gates - we should be asking ourselves how we can fufill our potential and increase our core support to the level it should be at based on our population, and based on what other far smaller towns around us manage to do.

Dingwalls population is 5,491 and by that statistical data is a village - yet Ross County play in the SPL. . next question Simon

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OZMO said:

Dingwalls population is 5,491 and by that statistical data is a village - yet Ross County play in the SPL. . next question Simon

Ross County represent Ross and Cromarty (originally Ross-shire). An area that has a population of around 50,000.

It's in the name; Ross County. Arbroath do not represent Angus, Angus is represented by 4 different clubs from 4 different towns. It seems to me like you're making some sort of weird, backward argument for an Angus Utd here.

Also, I didn't have an initial question, and I certainly don't have a next question. :blink:

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Outrageous.

Brechin is a city.

It is of course a cathedral city, but in reality Brechin really is a small, irrelevant village and shouldn't be compared to proper towns several times its size. :) 

14 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Ross County represent Ross and Cromarty (originally Ross-shire). An area that has a population of around 50,000.

It's in the name; Ross County. Arbroath do not represent Angus, Angus is represented by 4 different clubs from 4 different towns. It seems to me like you're making some sort of weird, backward argument for an Angus Utd here.

Also, I didn't have an initial question, and I certainly don't have a next question. :blink:

It is of course a cathedral city, but in reality Brechin really is a small, irrelevant village and shouldn't be compared to proper towns several times its size. :) 

Now now Simon no mention of the Angus Utd piffle. point being made was that the actual population of the home of Ross County is by your definition of population a village. Arbroath's postcode encompasses from Lunan to Carnoustie and Friockheim, quite a large catchment area.

the small irrelevant village team is one match from the championship, as much as it pains me, and  have been the best performing Angus side in the last few years - so your condescending patronising drivel just disnae add up 

by the natural progression of your argument about population size, large is by no means a guarantee of success. Scotland a country of 5 million has continually punched above its weight on the world stage through invention. 

5 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

If it's in the name....who do Raith Rovers represent?

The name 'Raith' has numerous historical references to the town of Kirkcaldy, for example a sizable amount of the town is built on the former Raith Estate (which I presume was named after the Battle of Raith).

Raith Rovers represent Kirkcaldy.

:) 

Archived