5.0% ... Forfar ... pop 14,048 - att 698
4.4% ... Montrose ... pop 12,875 - att 566
3.8% ... Berwick ... pop 12,043 - att 461
3.2% ... Cowdenbeath pop 18,528 - att 596
3.2% ... Elgin ... pop 23,128 - att 737
2.7% ... Arbroath ... pop 23,902 - att 651
1.3% ... Stirling ... pop 48,051 - att 616
1.2% ... Clyde ... pop 52,270 - att 612

Find me the population of each town and I'll do it.

I think taking a mean average doesn't give the best representation of crowds.

Results can easily be skewed by derbies and big games and the other way with long distance midweek games.

I would argue a median would be more appropriate.

Can only assume the village's around about have been included in the higher figure, aside from maybe Kelty?

Apparently it includes Lumphinnans, Lochgelly and Hill of Beath

Well there is no sense in including them - every club can throw in surrounding villages and towns to increase their population.  As an ex-anorak who has done this calculation over the years - you need to get the exact population of the town to do this properly.  My recollection is that there are only two clubs off the top of my head where that shouldnt apply - Ross County who are clearly a club representing a whole county not just Dingwall and East Fife who were expressly founded to be the club of the Levenmouth communities - Leven, Buckhaven & Methil

Interesting that the stats back up my claim that our crowds are actually fairly poor, and Montrose/ Forfar have had good crowds this season considering their far smaller catchment area in comparison.

Can't beat a good crowd w**k!
Just wondering if anyone who is good with figures could work out the percentage crowds based on each towns population?

How about crowds vs distance from the old firm?

Crowds vs disposable incomes

Crowds vs number of golf clubs nearby

Crowds vs prices at the local cinema

And most importantly crowd number per league point.

How about crowds vs distance from the old firm?

Crowds vs disposable incomes

Crowds vs number of golf clubs nearby

Crowds vs prices at the local cinema

And most importantly crowd number per league point.

[emoji23]

Well said

How about a crowds where the game isn't against a local team but isn't against a team too far away where the fans think they might still win something but not too certain that they'll win something when the weather is nice and when nobody might be on holiday or when no big local events are on that will stop people going number?

Averages are averages

There's obviously gonna be hunners of variables for everyone

5 hours ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

At least I didn't have to go to extra sig figs like I did with Edinburgh.

You put in an extra couple of zeros into Edinburgh's percentage though. ;)

Which is a bit silly as mentioned by CC. Lochgelly's a separate town for a start!

It was copied from someone who done it in January, their reasoning was that they were all classed as Cowdenbeath on the 2011 census or something like that.

9 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

Interesting that the stats back up my claim that our crowds are actually fairly poor, and Montrose/ Forfar have had good crowds this season considering their far smaller catchment area in comparison.

More bollocks Simon, we have the best supported club in Angus and have shown our potential, no other club in Angus would/could have taken that support down to Stirling = FACT. 

Also Farfirs and the Hedgetrimmers crowds tonight combined was 1,600 in MASSIVE games for both clubs with no major fitba on the box = PATHETIC.

Archived