League 2 Attendances

Update for the geeks after first quarter.

Club - Total Home Gates so far - divided by amount of home games = average

Annan Athletic - 1596 / 4 = 399

Arbroath - 3005 / 5 = 601

Berwick Rangers 1663 / 4 = 416

Clyde - 2202 / 4 = 551

Cowdenbeath 1640 / 5 = 328

Edinburgh City - 2549 / 6 = 425

Elgin City - 2425 / 4 = 637

Forfar Athletic - 2438 / 4 = 610

Montrose - 2112 / 5 - 423

Stirling Albion - 2675 / 5 = 535

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Update for the geeks after first quarter.

Club - Total Home Gates so far - divided by amount of home games = average

Annan Athletic - 1596 / 4 = 399

Arbroath - 3005 / 5 = 601

Berwick Rangers 1663 / 4 = 416

Clyde - 2202 / 4 = 551

Cowdenbeath 1640 / 5 = 328

Edinburgh City - 2549 / 6 = 425

Elgin City - 2425 / 4 = 637

Forfar Athletic - 2438 / 4 = 610

Montrose - 2112 / 5 - 423

Stirling Albion - 2675 / 5 = 535

Believe them all except one.No prizes for a correct guess.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Forfar.

Why don't you believe their average so far - is there some background story to this that I'm unaware of?

Just don't quite get why a team at this level would announce attendances as higher than they actually as it would ultimately cost them money tax wise?

Just now, SimonLichtie said:

Why don't you believe their average so far - is there some background story to this that I'm unaware of?

Just don't quite get why a team at this level would announce attendances as higher than they actually as it would ultimately cost them money tax wise?

Exactly right. He has an obsession with our crowds. It's really weird.

6 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I couldn't care less what Forfars attendance is but what is announced is not what the taxman bases any liability on.  You can announce whatever you like and declare something different to the taxman.  I could tell everyone i earn £1m a year but the taxman isn't going to demand I pay tax (or VAT if I was a business) on those figures.  He'll base my liability on what I declare to him by official means.

I haven't a clue why they do it doesn't make sense. I've been there often enough to get the impression that the reported figure is not correct. Maybe they include season ticket holders which would explain some of the difference.

I've been to Gayfield when there have been 600+ there and also to Forfar when a similar figure has been reported. There's no comparison.

And for Forfar fans, it isn't an obsession, I just find it strange. Don't know why you get upset it's just an observation.

We've been absolutley stinking this season and still have the 2nd best total :lol:

Cowden :lol: :lol:

2nd best? How are you working that out?

Forfar and their makey up crowds are sitting there. They'll need to up it to get top spot.

Fwiw our crowds really haven't been great this season in comparison to the last few. Hopefully pick up if we continue to be up and around the top of the league. Fully expect us to be number 1 or atleast 2 by the season end, like always. [emoji12]

Good to see Elgin's attendances are holding up despite poor home results. We don't have derby games to boost crowds and once we get home form sorted, crowds will improve. You just have to look at the run-in at the end of last season to see that.

Good to see Elgin's attendances are holding up despite poor home results. We don't have derby games to boost crowds and once we get home form sorted, crowds will improve. You just have to look at the run-in at the end of last season to see that.

On the other hand you don't really have many clubs too close by either. Aberdeen and ICT aside, even Aberdeen is a bit of a trek, too far for most to travel to see the Glasgow clubs too. Here you've got fans of Aberdeen/United/Dundee and the OF that regularly leave town to go watch them.

You're right though, crowds have been good up in Elgin which is good to see, was surprised to see that ourselves and you lads had a similar sized population, think we're just slightly ahead.

Archived