League 2 Attendances

A random thread, but I was just curious to those supporters who were at games today thought of the numbers in attendance?

League 1 and League 2 all had very small crowds today.  Well done to Edinburgh City leading the way in League 2.

Queen’s Park vs Airdrie - 957

Livingston vs Stranraer - 693

East Fife vs Albion Rovers - 682

Alloa v Peterhead - 504

Brechin v Stenhousemuir - 402

Edinburgh City v Forfar - 547

Arbroath v Berwick - 502

Clyde v Montrose - 445

Annan v Stirling - 421

Cowdenbeath v Elgin - 315

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Günther said:

Is 502 from your website/twitter?? I'm not convinced at our attendance which I believe was published by the SPFL. Keen to hear what the club put it as

Screenshot_2016-08-06-20-49-12.png

30 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Well done to new boys Edinburgh City for having the highest attendance of the day in League 2 .

Disappointed at the 315 at Cowdenbeath v Elgin expected more at Central Park.

After the pish we have suffered over the last two seasons it the die hards as usual with success the glory hunters follow same with most wee clubs

In our case it's 6 years with only 2 seasons of close but not close enough success. You're right though, not much the clubs can do about it now when there's a good team on the pitch. I can understand people giving up, but the ones who give up then come on P&B and other social media platforms to vent their disgust at a teams performance do my head in. 

There's just not much to encourage fans to come down to Gayfield IMO. Needs to be sorted out or in 20/30 years we'll be struggling.

The blessing you guys have is you're embedded within the community. Suppose with the 2 Dundee teams down the road plus the usual old firm supporting scum that plagues Scotland you're always up against it. 

The problem for towns like Arbroath and Forfar is that a large chunk of United's support live in Angus. I'm 17 and a lot of the boys I went to school with loved football but had only ever been to one or two actual games in their lives because they "supported" Man United, Arsenal etc.

The problem for towns like Arbroath and Forfar is that a large chunk of United's support live in Angus. I'm 17 and a lot of the boys I went to school with loved football but had only ever been to one or two actual games in their lives because they "supported" Man United, Arsenal etc.

Totally agree Dundee United , Dundee , Aberdeen , Celtic , Rangers . It's pish. Football would be so much better if everyone supported their local clubs

I got the figures from SkySports, who I believe get them from the AP who have a reporter at every ground.   My point of the thread wasn't trying to call anyone out for having high or low attendances, it was just a curiosity.  I thought they all seemed down on last season, but maybe the school holidays etc are a factor.

I think the fact that all clubs lose out to the bigger clubs - Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Celtic, Rangers etc is always a struggle, but the club are doing things.   There was an open day today of which about 50 kids and 30 adults (who probably weren't included in the figures too) were thoroughly entertained by the management, the players and 60% of them had Arbroath kits on which was really encouraging.  They will hopefully be the future.

Totally agree Dundee United , Dundee , Aberdeen , Celtic , Rangers . It's pish. Football would be so much better if everyone supported their local clubs

Tbf I don't mind people supporting the Dundee teams and Aberdeen. Folk I know that support them actually go to games. OF and EPL fans, however, can gtf.

Tbf I don't mind people supporting the Dundee teams and Aberdeen. Folk I know that support them actually go to games. OF and EPL fans, however, can gtf.

Usually find a few United or Aberdeen fans at our games when their big team isn't playing that day. Probably the same at Arbroath too

20 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Its the same all over the country 78 with the Old Firm. We also suffer with quite a few Hibs and Hearts fans in Cowden and dare I say it Dunfermline.

10 minutes ago, Günther said:

Aye that does my head in. We have a lad at work who supports Man U, when I asked who is team was when he started I actually pished myself laughing... He used to go to Brockville and TFS with his auld man but went off it. 

Where I live in Falkirk all the kids are running about in Arsenal and Liverpool shirts. Bit of a shame that despite being a few minutes walk from Ochilview I haven't seen any Stenny shirts or even Falkirk shirts. 

Exactly, mind you Stenny are my local team but I'm a Glasgow lad :lol:

Agree with this as well. Especially EPL! I support Borussia Mönchengladbach and even go to the odd game out in Germany but I would never class them as my main team!

Its changed days, when I was young it was folk "supporting" either side of the Old Firm. Now you still see a few tops from both sides, usually out of date:lol: but its mostly EPL and Barca tops you see kids wearing these days, the Sky TV generation who will most probably never see the teams in the flesh.

Just now, Günther said:

Aye it's pretty sad that to be honest. I just don't see the enjoyment of watching fitbaw on the TV. I like watching the highlights shows but nothing beats going to a game, being within the atmosphere, the banter, the player interaction. You don't get all of that watching on yer tv. 

I'm like you I pick and choose live games I watch but I do like watching the highlight shows of the Football League etc as you say nothing beats watching a game live even if it is pish:lol:

Archived