Stirling Albion vs Clyde

13 minutes ago, BinosCammy said:

For what ?

I couldn't tell you what got him booked for the second one but I think it must have been for his language. I'm sure he fouled someone just outside the box earlier on and he got booked for that.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many shouts against gormley for not trying etc etc. Where he does fall short is trying too hard outside box and coming short looking for it, Great team player but we really need him inside box(Perhaps managers instructions and leave peaso as furthest forward due to age) Fans frustrations perhaps but not at DGs Door , Otherwise draw fair result overall, We did have lot of possession but too many times choose wrong option..Unbeaten.

I couldn't tell you what got him booked for the second one but I think it must have been for his language. I'm sure he fouled someone just outside the box earlier on and he got booked for that.

Didn't he and Higgins get a booking each for reacting with each other. The ref then (eventually) realised he had booked your player earlier.

As someone else said "it is all about opinions". Well in my opinion Gormley offers absolutely nothing.He is constantly caught offside,when in a scoring position he tends to pass the buck and finally he spends too much time on his ample backside. I also do not like players who respond to criticism from the stands-when Gormley pays to play in a game he can shout all he likes until then button it.

Apart from that I enjoyed the game.

Very frustrating today. Over 90 minutes in terms of chances then Stirling probably had as many as we did on the break but there's no doubt we dominated the ball and having taken the lead, should have seen out the game. Still, win next week and it'll be a good start.

Gormley was rubbish today and I'm not sure I see him and MacDonald working together. It'll be interesting to see if he plays Fergie up there when he returns. Rest of the team were okay; some can do better but I thought McNiff and McLaughlin were the top performers. 

Ross Smith; two red cards in consecutive games against Clyde, and he should have got a red in the previous one as well. An absolute liability of a footballer. Stirling were as expected; some decent players being managed by a clown. I'm not really sure what their game plan was, or how they planned to take advantage of Henderson. They won't be anywhere near the top 4.

I didn't think Newlands was too bad incidentally, bar his complete ignorance of playing advantage. It's amazing the reaction that a linesman who is slightly slow in putting up his flag can provoke though :lol: 

As someone else said "it is all about opinions". Well in my opinion Gormley offers absolutely nothing.He is constantly caught offside,when in a scoring position he tends to pass the buck and finally he spends too much time on his ample backside. I also do not like players who respond to criticism from the stands-when Gormley pays to play in a game he can shout all he likes until then button it.

Apart from that I enjoyed the game.

Did he shout something didn't see anything?

Too many shouts against gormley for not trying etc etc. Where he does fall short is trying too hard outside box and coming short looking for it, Great team player but we really need him inside box(Perhaps managers instructions and leave peaso as furthest forward due to age) Fans frustrations perhaps but not at DGs Door , Otherwise draw fair result overall, We did have lot of possession but too many times choose wrong option..Unbeaten.

Gormley was poor today it looks as if he has put weight on , doesnt seem to have the same fitness

Thought draw fair result good passing but at times I thought we could have driven forward a bit more

The goal scoring does look to be a bit of a problem

Have to agree with the above on Gormley, absolutely rank rotten today. Constantly breaking up our attacks by being offside, then when dangerous balls are played into the box he is hanging around the edge of the box. It's like he doesn't want to end up in a scoring position! Shouting back f**k up at someone criticising him is poor too although perhaps down to frustration.

Ref had a shocker, including denying Stirling a blatant corner and giving a goal kick to dismay/hilarity depending on which stand you were in.

I have no issue with players shouting back at times. Our fans can be absolutely c***s to players. Fans forget he'll be more than aware he was having a bad game. Telling him he should be subbed isn't going to help that.

Anyway, 2 games, 4 points. Decent start with plenty of positives. Plenty to work on too. Once the front 3 get on the same page we'll do just fine.

Gormley is good at holding the ball up (sometimes) but apart from that he's either off side or on his fucking arse moaning at the ref. Surely we have better in the form of Watson or Higgins.

I think with the passing game Higgins is the man up top with Peaso for me. Gormley still more than capable though. Eight goals and 14 assists last season...he's not a bad player due to one match.

10 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

I have no issue with players shouting back at times. Our fans can be absolutely c***s to players. Fans forget he'll be more than aware he was having a bad game. Telling him he should be subbed isn't going to help that.

Anyway, 2 games, 4 points. Decent start with plenty of positives. Plenty to work on too. Once the front 3 getting on the same page we'll do just fine.

Gormley will split opinion, but some of the shouts he got today we're well over the top - on one occasion getting shouted at when he was nowhere near the play. 

Don't ever recall imrie getting such abuse, when he was the worlds worst at getting caught offside.

Looking for positives in Gormley's game sums up the issue, saying he works hard, looks for possession gives centre halfs no piece etc etc he simply is not good enough for this level. He has all the attributes of a top class junior player, sorry but we need a consistent goal scorer end of. Currently we don't have one which is a real shame as we have really a decent team here and I hope it does not haunt us throughout the season as usual.

Still good start, unbeaten and improvement to come so lots to look forward to

Gormley was poor today. Broke up any good phases of play we were putting together being constantly offside - as he is most weeks - or falling on his arse as he does most weeks too. Why not do your best to stay up and fight for the ball and get a shot away?! Would be nice to see a striker shoot every now and again! I also don't think he would've scored the chance Higgins took brilliantly as well.

Other than that I thought our defence were solid, Johnston was good going forward, thought Lowdon could've been slightly more attacking. Midfield all had a good game too.

Only other downside was we should've had a shot a few times instead of overplaying it on the edge of the box.

On the whole I thought we deserved to win it as we dominated most of the game and had them in their half for most of it too. Other than their goal they didn't threaten too much. But we failed to capitalise on chances and dominance and Stirling stuck at it and equalised.

Good thing is we are unbeaten and have 4 points after 2 games so keep it up and on to Annan away next week!

Other than that I thought our defence were solid, Johnston was good going forward, thought Lowdon could've been slightly more attacking. Midfield all had a good game too.

Only other downside was we should've had a shot a few times instead of overplaying it on the edge of the box.

Completely agree. Also thought Gibson was terrific today.

Archived