Stirling Albion vs Clyde

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Anyone know our record at Stirling. Can only recall losing once there. Some great games, Knoxy scoring with header in 95th min to win 1-0. 6-2 game and few others when im more sober to post up. Perhaps we should move there and take over their toon. Again

At Forthbank; 10 wins, 5 draws and 5 defeats. 

8, 3 and 3 since Ronnie MacDonald/Alan Maitland came in. And two of those defeats were end of season affairs where we had very little to play for and Stirling were going for a title/playoffs.

Last season we started well by winning at Forthbank and then missed a host of chances against QP/Montrose which left us playing catch-up early doors. Would be delighted to take a good haul of points from these two away games. It'll be interesting to see if we play as open as we have been, or if we command the ball away from home as well as we did at Cliftonhill.

I forsee an away win, probably 1-2. Sounds like Clyde have finally built a team and are on the up. Fair play to them, they've taken their fair share of punishment down in the basement.

Really wish we had an easier game than this, as another defeat will pile pressure right on the manager, especially as many wanted him out after last season. 

Would prefer to be playing some non-entity like Arbroath, but I guess we can't do anything about that now. 

First home game of the season on Saturday and already we have the doom merchants who have written us off against Clyde.

Disappointed with the result against Annan but a long way to go before I will call for the managers head. Lets get behind the team and maybe we could surprise Barry`s Boys on Saturday, fancy us to get something on Saturday.

12 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

I forsee an away win, probably 1-2. Sounds like Clyde have finally built a team and are on the up. Fair play to them, they've taken their fair share of punishment down in the basement.

Really wish we had an easier game than this, as another defeat will pile pressure right on the manager, especially as many wanted him out after last season. 

Would prefer to be playing some non-entity like Arbroath, but I guess we can't do anything about that now. 

We play them at Gayfield on the 27th August might find the non-entity better than you think.

Think the Stirling fans might be doing a bit of reverse psychology:)
No way is the game as much of foregone conclusion as they make out on Saturday we played excellent stuff and we do have bags of pace and do ability throughout the team , but we did look a bit fragile at the back at times during the game
What will suite you us on Saturday is if and I'm sure they will stirling have a go at us think on the break this clyde team will be really dangerous my main worry is set plays and crosses but hopefully we sort that out
For me close game with a few goals 2 1 or 3 2 to the Clyde

Better start than usual.

Team did well but not sure about Oliver.

Looking forward to return of our injured players.

We will see then what we are like as contenders.

Win here on the cards.

Agree about Oliver. Thought he was rank rotten when he was first here.

Still not impressed with him so far this time around.

Archived