Stirling Albion vs Clyde

What last week and today has confirmed to me is that no matter how many good players we might have, we're being managed by someone with as much tactical nous as a seagull. 

Bottom half of the table unless big changes are made. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like most, I think a draw was a fair result although I don't agree that there was as much between the teams as some have suggested.

For me the big problem was that we didn't have anyone in the middle of the park who put their foot on the ball and made things happen.

I thought in spells, McKenzie & Ferns were frightening (especially the first half) but we just missed someone pulling the strings and closing the gap between Hodge and Henderson.

I thought the Defence never looked in any danger of conceeding today and I was gutted for Rossco, that was an uncharacteristic mistake by him but thankfully we got ourselves out of it. I also thought McMillan looked fantastic, back to the player we were watching before injury and R.Smith as well.

The Red Card incident happened right in front of me and I think he got booked for reacting. Higgins went down like a sack of shit, clearly looking for a penalty and as Smith was getting up he jumped up and pushed him over saying something, it was handbags really.

I'm actually optimistic that we are on the right lines again. I saw similarities today to East Fife at this point last season, let's just hope our season ends the same.

I thought Stirling were much better in both games at Forthbank last season, particularly the second one. To say they're anything like EF is baffling when they don't have a single player at the level of Austin, Wilkie or Page.  

First half was as scrappy a game as you'll ever see. It improved in the second and a draw was fair. Neither team played as well as they can (I actually think we played better going forward last week). Had we not gifted Clyde a goal we would have won today. Too early to make any predictions about how the season will pan out.

Agree about the officials being poor. Too many cards dished out is a sign of a referee that's lost control.

It's frustrating as when we went 1-0 up we were all over Stirling for a time after but we didn't do anything and lost a stupid goal.

i thought McLaughlin was outstanding for us today and broke up so many attacks for Stirling and he looks so comfortable playing just in front of the defence,

He didn't have his best game today Gormley but the abuse he got from our support today even from early in the game was a disgrace.

Not sure Ross Forsyth would have been surging forward and scoring (it was Forsyth that did all the hard work for the corner he then scored from) if he hadn't fucked up for the Clyde goal. A 0-0 draw if it wasn't a 1-1 draw in my opinion.

Much as I welcome that we have played two strikers (despise one up front systems), it would help if those strikers had any ability to play together. Henderson had a poor game but he and Darren Smith hardly interacted at all.

The sending off seemed to be a direct consequence of some sort of tactic of Clyde's to get in the faces of players in an attempt to get them booked. How Gormlay got away with it in the first half but Ross Smith got his 2nd booking for standing up to Higgins I'll never know.

Disappointed to draw after going ahead, but not begrudging Stirling of a draw. As much as we dominated possession we didn't have too many chances. 

McLaughlin was great just sitting in front of the back 4. Would've liked to have seen Linton go past lowdon a bit more, seemed a bit hesitant to do so however still had a decent game. 

Easton didn't always choose the best option I thought, a few times I thought a cross would've been better than the shot but again a good game. 

Gormley shouting "f**k up" back to being told to stay onside was ridiculous, he was offside at least 5/6 times today. It's months of frustration with him is why people's patience with him is wearing thin. 

Thought our passing was good yesterday the final ball in wasn't though and at times we could have driven forward rather than passing the ball backwards didn't think either of the forwards played well Gormley had a poor game and would say McDonald wasn't far behind him
Midfield looked good but the forwards gave them very little options for a pass The game itself I felt lack intensity very few shots on goal all in all not the worst game to watch and a draw was a fair result
That's two goals from crosses we have lost going to be a problem if we don't sort it out
Not a great fan of Mclaughlin but he was terrific yesterday

13 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Gormley seems to be scapegoat when easton had two cracking chances either half on edge o box and wanted to go round same guy 4times but no mention, Gormley may have his faults but some choose to only find his ???

You'll get used to that.

Gibson, the centre halves and McLaughlin were all terrific today. Lowdon and Linton link up really well but I'd loved to have seen Lowdon skin their full back more often as he was terrible.

Good to come away with a point when we didn't play terribly well. 1-1 a fair result

1 hour ago, Larry Hood said:

Like the pictures of the away dug-out and dressing room posted on social media by Albions 6- year old chairman

That was no way to treat our changing rooms, I'm not surprised considering your team is full of neds and you have that arse in charge of them.

Archived