Stirling Albion vs Clyde

Good start for us today but a tough game - as always - next week at Stirling. If we are going to be serious title contenders we need to have a really good start to the season unlike previous years where we have taken a while to put any sort of run together.

Stirling will be wanting to make up for today's (surprise?) defeat at Annan too.

Given we are prone to a defensive lapse I'll go for 2-1 Clyde.

Thoughts?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our 1st home game of the League season is going to be an important one for us after the poor result at Annan.

Clyde are the bookies favourites for promotion this season while we are not quoted by them to get promoted but I think that does not matter a jot on Saturday.

Recent games between Clyde and ourselves have been tight affairs with 1 goal separating the teams. This is a game we need to take something from and I think we might just Nick this one by the odd goal if the team performs as they can against Clyde.

Hopefully we get a decent crowd in what should be game of the day in League 2.

Prediction Albion 2 Clyde 1 [emoji6]

Our 1st home game of the League season is going to be an important one for us after the poor result at Annan.

Clyde are the bookies favourites for promotion this season while we are not quoted by them to get promoted but I think that does not matter a jot on Saturday.

Recent games between Clyde and ourselves have been tight affairs with 1 goal separating the teams. This is a game we need to take something from and I think we might just Nick this one by the odd goal if the team performs as they can against Clyde.

Hopefully we get a decent crowd in what should be game of the day in League 2.

Prediction Albion 2 Clyde 1 [emoji6]

Game of the day in L2....?

Mate, it's fucking Montrose Arbroath.

Thank you.

Game of the day in L2....?

Mate, it's fucking Montrose Arbroath.

Thank you.

Afraid not might get a bigger crowd than us but both Clyde and ourselves are bigger clubs especially comparing Montrose.

Afraid not might get a bigger crowd than us but both Clyde and ourselves are bigger clubs especially comparing Montrose.

With all due respect you're really no. Maybe in comparison to Montrose... Mo v Arbroath biggest game in the league by a distance and will be game of the day on Saturday.

Once again, Thank you. [emoji6]

With all due respect you're really no. Maybe in comparison to Montrose... Mo v Arbroath biggest game in the league by a distance and will be game of the day on Saturday.

Once again, Thank you. [emoji6]

May be a local derby but in football terms both Clyde and ourselves have been traditionally bigger clubs than Arbroath and especially over the years. Montrose.

May be a local derby but in football terms both Clyde and ourselves have been traditionally bigger clubs than Arbroath

:lol:

Seez peace. I can accept Clyde were very decent back in the day but Stirling gtf. Clyde on their opening game at home somehow managing to get less than the very poor crowd we got today by our standards sums it up. Deluded.

Anyway. Stirling win please.

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Once again, Thank you. emoji6.png

Spoiler

There's consistently been more people at the Monbroath games than any other in this league in recent seasons, so obviously some people do. If you think anyone gives a f**k about Clyde or Stirling outwith Clyde and Stirling fans then you'd be wrong. Not saying anyone gives a f**k about Monbroath outside Monbroath fans either but point still stands.

Saturday's game of the day is ours.

Deal with it.

Imagine supporting a team so irrelevant that you have to constantly invade a match thread for the big clubs claiming "game of the day" as if it's some sort of major honour. Imagine that.

1320Lichtie, I hope the last few posts on here will finally answer your question on why I described your team as a 'scabby lot'. 

Because that's what you are. The only reason your derby gets bigger crowds is because it's the only thing for people to do up there. 

Anyway, begone from the thread for the real match of the day in the division next week. 

1320Lichtie, I hope the last few posts on here will finally answer your question on why I described your team as a 'scabby lot'. 

Because that's what you are. The only reason your derby gets bigger crowds is because it's the only thing for people to do up there. 

Anyway, begone from the thread for the real match of the day in the division next week. 

Scary thing is you're actually being serious here. Ooooooft.

Archived