General Chatter

Sooky

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mjw said:

Plenty of seats available at most of the events that have been on so far.
Even the Brazilian woman's beach volleyball team played in front of a low crowd.

I'm assuming tickets are expensive or maybe there are other reasons(not sure how much the Zika virus has effected the number of people going)

Do friends and family of athletes get free tickets?(had a quick Google, couldn't find anything on it though)

13 hours ago, BerwickMad said:

Always thought what would be the 'easiest' sport to take up to make the next Olympics. I remember the British Handball team being set up for 2012 from people who had never even played it before.

I think the host nation gets automatic qualification - 2012 was the only British handball team to qualify in the history of the Olympics.

Even if New Zealand beat us in the Rugby 7s semi-final, the bronze match is against Canada who we pumped 22-0 in the groups. Surely a very decent chance of a medal you'd assume.

Even if New Zealand beat us in the Rugby 7s semi-final, the bronze match is against Canada who we pumped 22-0 in the groups. Surely a very decent chance of a medal you'd assume.

7 vs 5 just now after 2 GB yellow cards. 15-7 behind at HT

We're in the bronze medal match at the trap shooting. Always amazes me how you can hit those flying targets at such quick speeds.

Archived