Montrose vs. Arbroath

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for me it was a very poor game between two poor teams. The atmosphere was closer to a pre-season friendly.

If we hadn't gifted Arbroath their goal they would not have scored. Their much-vaunted strike force was hardly seen in this game. Unofrtunately, fatal indecision at the back and poor communication between Steeves and Millar cost us a goal which Arbroath could not miss.

Montrose were incredibly un-coordinated and laboured in attack. The team was set up in a very bizarre fashion; Gary Fraser on the wing, and Ryan Ferguson through the middle, in the second half, for starters. Kieran McWalter did well in midfield although Hegarty clearly does not have a clue where he should be playing. We are weak, overall, in central midfield.

After McCord was dismissed in the second half it looked like we might get on top but we are currently wasteful and disjointed in front of goal. I lost count of the number of tiems where the final ball was either wrong, or wasteful. The match announcer credited Templeman with the headed equaliser but it looked like an own-goal from the Dynamo. no. 2 at fault I think.

I can't fault the players' effort or the shift they out in today but tactically we are hopeless at present and players are being played out of position for reasons which escape everyone not in the dugout. The positives are that we managed a point when neither side deserved anything from a dreadful game, and also the performance of big McDonald at the back; hopefully he will sign. McWalter did well in midfield, too. This side reminds me a bit of Henry Hall's in his last season; good on papr but not really delivering as they should on the park.

I agree that the referee was awful; weak, and got several big decisions wrong. Montrose had a clear penalty when Fraser was poleaxed in the box in the first half, and we were lucky not to get a last-man red card early in the second. Inconsistency was also maddening with several bizarre decision given against both sides in the game.

Stupid mistake at the back cost the mo today.Poor game and atmosphere.Montrose the better side both halfs
....That was about it

f**k all in the first half we didn't deserve to be winning

Mo bossed it since McCord was sent off

Honestly really unhappy with that from us today by far the worst performance I've seen from us this season

So many players anonymous, can't think of anyone that played well

Jimmy Scott big miss in the middle of the Park. Physically and technically

Really poor game,poor crowd,ref had a shocker,Steeves should have walked start of 2nd half for last man tackle,but we got nothing,and for all that McCord did to get sent off,McWalter could have walked a few times with his flying tackles.

That was an abysmal performance from Arbroath,lucky to get out of that with a point,on the back foot for 90% of the game,out fought the whole game and i don't think we managed to string more 3 passes together the whole game,the conditions were poor but Montrose wanted it more which isn't on tbh.Mccords an idiot,the ref was dying to send an Arbroath player off and he duly obliged.Mutch needs to be dropped for his own protection was totally indecisive but he's a kid and Dick needs to manage him better imo,he's lost confidence.Doris was pissing against the wind with the service he recieved which was abysmal,punt after punt but no problem with Steve gave 100% unlike his partner Prunty who needs to be dropped,had a wee hand in the goal but did absolutely zip,what does Hester have to do to get a start?.Oh the referee was a disgrace.Well played Montrose would have been daylight robbery if we won.Guess it's clear i ain't happy:)

That was an abysmal performance from Arbroath,lucky to get out of that with a point,on the back foot for 90% of the game,out fought the whole game and i don't think we managed to string more 3 passes together the whole game,the conditions were poor but Montrose wanted it more which isn't on tbh.Mccords an idiot,the ref was dying to send an Arbroath player off and he duly obliged.Mutch needs to be dropped for his own protection was totally indecisive but he's a kid and Dick needs to manage him better imo,he's lost confidence.Doris was pissing against the wind with the service he recieved which was abysmal,punt after punt but no problem with Steve gave 100% unlike his partner Prunty who needs to be dropped,had a wee hand in the goal but did absolutely zip,what does Hester have to do to get a start?.Oh the referee was a disgrace.Well played Montrose would have been daylight robbery if we won.Guess it's clear i ain't happy[emoji4]

Punt after punt? The Campbell way [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1589]

Really poor game,poor crowd,ref had a shocker,Steeves should have walked start of 2nd half for last man tackle,but we got nothing,and for all that McCord did to get sent off,McWalter could have walked a few times with his flying tackles.

Thought McWalter had a good game,was a bit surprised paul watson got dropped.Thought Gregor anderson had a brilliant game at right back.If we had some decent wingers could have really hurt the smokie today.Gary fraser on the wing.... Says it all...

Archived