Any scores today?

Legless

Lanark 1 Wishaw 4

Lanark only had 13 players for this friendly. Wishaw missed a hatful of excellent chances. Lanark didn't create much but went ahead through Paul Hewitt. We also missed a penalty at 2-1

A run out to get fitness levels up and bed one or two of the new guys in.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vics 2 Tin Pail 3 excellent result for the Tin Pail... First minute pen then two one down in second half..... But then scored two good headers from excellent passing moves and crosses and headers to finish three two up......decent game served up by both sides with Blantyre shading the first half....second half dominated by the Tin Pail..... some of the newcomers and debutants showing up very well..... Promising start but lots of hard graft ahead of the league season.... 

1 hour ago, The'FORD said:

Irvine Vics 0 Hurlford Utd 1 ft
Referee Haswell had a shocker - In what respect did he have a shocker? There were no crucial decisions,e.g. disallowed goals,penalties not given,etc. trust me Haswell is not liked by us as he gives us nothing. If you are talking about fouls not given your way, then you're going to be complaining every game, because Hurlford players aren't meant t be tackled! The game was competitive as it should have been,loads of 50/50's where players were committed,nothing reckless. I get your frustration as you expected to win by more and you could've had a couple more if the big centre hadn't went for the headline finishes rather than do the simple thing.  

although Gemmell will have to learn quickly to bite his tongue.- totally agree with you on this. Spoke to one of your guys afterwards he stated he deserved to go.

T

Tayport 1-1 Tranent.

Tayport started the better, rattled a shot off the bar in the first half. But the visitors dominated much of the possession without troubling the Tayport keeper.

0-0 at the break, second half it was Tranent's turn to hit woodwork, shot off the post after a fine save from Tayport keeper from a Kevin Thomson free kick.

Thomson was on the end of a nasty looking challenge from Tayport sub that came on, Tranent took the lead with a nice lob over the advancing keeper as a long ball caused the Tayport defence problems. Tayport finished the game strongly and were  awarded a penalty late on that was thumped home for a share of the points, not much in the way of complaints from Tranent players so assuming the ref got it spot on. Tayport reduced to ten men for the last ten minutes for a player kicking out at an opponent.

Ref in Cumnock v Lugar game was also ridiculous . I remember 5 or 6 incidents with wild swipes at players and at least 2 jump /stamp tackles
Paul Burns had 2 or 3 on him , one when Scott Anson scored from a free kick just outside the box after Byrns was subjected to what can only be called an assault
Ref gave free kick and not even a word to the Lugar player
He also booked Anson for diving in second half, although during the game big Scott didn't help his case going down quite easily on a few occasions , I swear the ref was in his pocket for his card before the tackle even completed
He lost the game, particularly allowed a stupid "handbags" session between Cumnocks McKenna and Lugar 's Shankkand which ended up with both booked for petty stuff and a few Lugar boys booked as they got dragged into the Wee private battle between the to mentioned players, a lot of whom could count themselves unlucky after some really disgraceful challenges went unpunished

I wasn't questioning any tackle that was made in the game today and you're right the game was competitive with both sets of players committed with no reckless tackles made in the entire match. Although the ref didn't have any crucial decisions to make he was (in my opinion) to blame for the decision which led to Gemmell being sent off. To be fair Gemmell shouldn't have reacted and should certainly know better.
As for expecting to win by more goals I take nothing for granted in any game and am more than happy to win no matter the score (although the nails take a bit of a battering if it's tight). I hope this clears things up a bit and we can at least agree the Mr Haswell is off the Christmas card list ( unless it's red)!!

8 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Piss poor refs seem to be a common thing today . Have to say ours didn't let the side down either

When yer junior cup champs and the big club in the fixture it's natural the ref is gonna favour you

Glad the lean period is finally over, hello the rest of u sad buggers was at Blantyre, thought VOC were flattered a wee bit by the score, still a watchable game, and good to be among my great unwashed brethren, roll on the rest of the season!

Was down the rockburn yesterday to watch bellshill vs the wood.

Draw was a fair result with thorniewood missing a penalty through Chris Lennon . wood looked very solid with big terry hammy and al broon at the back and b'hill looked decent with Chrisy and the boy reon and centre back looking the part

hopefukly both teams have good seasons. 

14 hours ago, bc57 said:

Lanark 1 Wishaw 4

Lanark only had 13 players for this friendly. Wishaw missed a hatful of excellent chances. Lanark didn't create much but went ahead through Paul Hewitt. We also missed a penalty at 2-1

A run out to get fitness levels up and bed one or two of the new guys in.

I believe we only lost 1-3 today.  Wishaw missed so many chances that I was convinced another went in!  

Archived