Play junior football

Ewan McIntyre

My son is looking to get into junior football wondering what best route to take? He's 18 - 19 on February plays in central defence and 6'3" and currently captain of his team thanks for any help ... 

Is he not a bit old for Junior football?

4 hours ago, Ewan McIntyre said:

My son is looking to get into junior football wondering what best route to take? He's 18 - 19 on February plays in central defence and 6'3" and currently captain of his team thanks for any help ... 

Good age.

Forth had a lot of players jump from boys club to junior and we won the league with these guys so if he feels confident then bypass amateur and try junior no harm contacting forth for a trial we are always looking for players to improve our squad and last season with the youth working shows our management team can improve players ????

I am what i am, Im a negative person until shown otherwise

Well you said it Mister. Maybe if you started to show some understanding in your comments and read threads first then folk wouldn't be so dismissive of you.

Everyone deserves another chance

Whitletts vics have an under 21 team. That cud lead to playing in the juniors a lot of the boys in team have had a taste at playing for the junior team and there are a few get used regular so if u can find a team like that would probably be a good way to start

Whitletts vics have an under 21 team. That cud lead to playing in the juniors a lot of the boys in team have had a taste at playing for the junior team and there are a few get used regular so if u can find a team like that would probably be a good way to start

Under 21's is an absolute cop out in my opinion and such an easy, soft route for boys to take.

Get involved with a men's team and see how you get on.

22 minutes ago, Teofilio said:

Under 21's is an absolute cop out in my opinion and such an easy, soft route for boys to take.

Get involved with a men's team and see how you get on.

could not agree more, 21`s is fake football, particularly the further up the ladder you go.

My son is 19 played pro youth from 9 .finished u20 last season .
Went to straight to junior in the super first end of last season and had played all the time.
6 ft 3 central defender is definitely cut out to play junior .
Go straight to junior at the highest level you can play regularly at.
They keep rubbishing pro youth on here I don't why as I saw it for over ten years and from 15 onwards it very difficult and competitive .

Archived