East Fife v Albion Rovers

Rovers' insiders: has the boy Archibald left the club, or is he still on his holidays?

According to Darren Young during an interview the other day he is carrying an injury

32 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

Oh we desperately need someone other than McManus. Not good enough anymore sadly but will do a lot of thankless running. Tough when we had Fash last season, always hard to get a decent replacement

Agreed. McManus huffs & puffs but totally ineffective. Best days are long behind him.

Thought Lamont was excellent. Few wayward passes at times but he's a very clever player.

Draw was about right and on that showing we'll do ok this season.

Think draw was right result. Right about needing another striker. I don't like the way we kept thumping long balls towards McManus - he did well but he's not a physical player or tall. I'd like to get Insall on loan if he continues not to play for Hibs. We need a striker with pace. Thought Smith was excellent today but he's essentially a left winger.

happily take that point. really scrappy game - ten players in midfield.. but Lamont's dead balls were simply superb... even more annoying he was signing with us on the Thursday and EF 'poached' him on the Tuesday,  - best player on the park. 

quite surprised the bar upstairs wasn't the busiest before game - last time we played it was rammed with fans and diners.... any reason why it wasnt full - championship flag day etc ? anyway -  If only we had such a facility... 

TK

Agree on the Lamont deliveries.  Absolute peaches.  And the guy can do it with both feet which can put the fear of death in a full back.

Think the criticism of Shagger is harsh.  They guy did a ton of unthanked running today and was absolutely outstanding against Peterhead two weeks ago.  The replacement options for him are very light at the moment (the sooner Duggan is back the better).  Whilst his best days are behind him, we were never going to be starting Jordan Austin in front of him.  Up front on his own with balls lumped forward and the midfield a bit slow to support at times.

The goals we conceded were awful.  A howler from Muir and a mix up on the goal line clearance, and then a deflection with Muir already diving to his right.  

Positives from today:

Tony Wallace - thought he had more composure than Slattery and good to see him getting game time

Mark Lamont - best player on the park today.  As has been said, he'll assist in plenty goals this season.

Came on to read about O'Hara but interested in the Lamont comments, saw him playing for Petershill about 18 months ago and couldn't believe he was playing Juniors. Good to hear he seems interested and is performing at a decent level. Technically he's superb.

A fair result yesterday and there wasn't much between two teams that should be safe in the division this year. Ryan Wallace was the Rovers best player, in my opinion. He's an Ally Love type without the excess aggression and moaning at his team mates; if he was a bit taller he'd be the ideal striker, but then if he was a bit taller he'd be nowhere near Albion Rovers!

I see some criticism of our goalkeeper on Pravda (Rovers Message Board, for the uninitiated) for the two comic-cut goals that we lost. I can't say I agree with that, with both crosses being exceptionally well delivered and in areas where I'd be expecting centre halfs to deal with them. Indeed, Ross Dunlop did deal with one... by putting it into his own net! I note Lamont seems to be an expert at this, but it was our main weakness last year and we don't seem to have improved.

Finally, I'd have definitely taken a draw before yesterday so I suppose it's a decent result. Next week needs to see a victory though

Finally, I'd have definitely taken a draw before yesterday so I suppose it's a decent result. Next week needs to see a victory though

Agreed. We need to be winning home games against teams who are likely to be around us at the end of the season. The return of Ally Love though ..........

Couldn't make the Raith at Ayr on Saturday so took in the game at New Bayview with a Hibees mate, tidy stadium. 

Enjoyed most of the afternoon, unfurling Championship flag etc.

Altho' "neutral" I felt as tho' EFFC must have thought they'd lost a match rather than getting a point.

Thought Kev Smith and Shagger put in a good shift, (McManus can only be as good as the service he gets,or doesn't get!)

Lamont (your number7..?)   thought he played very well.

All the best for the rest of the season guys, I think Naysmith will do you proud again.

A draw was about right on saturday positives and negatives to be taken from the game.I always see my pint glass half full never half empty .so i think we will be ok this season. I believe Sky Sports are looking for a couple who enjoy red bull for holiday cover for live commentry of games

Archived