Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2016

Nizzy

What have you seen? What would you recommend?

Can't praise Trainspotting highly enough - powerhouse performances, particularly from the lad who plays Renton.

Weirdly, I spotted David 'Bingo' Bingham in the venue. Genuinely thought he was a member of the cast for a few minutes.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bunch of cnuts who clog up the streets for one month and then f**k off back down south having patronised the jocks with their cultural bollocks. about time the whole lot was shifted to Glasgow.

Or Dondeh.

Or St Kilda. 

Went through a day last year as I had family over from Canada. Planned to see a few things but it just turned into a pub crawl followed by a drunken scran in the China buffet next to Waverley. 

Noticed a couple of folk coming in with tupperware dishes to fill up then head straight back out again. Fair play :lol:

There was also something about a guy threatening to jump off a building or along they lines aswell. Couple of roads were shut off for a couple of hours because of it.

Some cracking views of the city when on the ferris wheel btw. 

Got tickets for Katherine Ryan and Limmy doing his Daft Wee Stories thing. Will probably check out a couple of other comedy acts as well.

Really hope those stupid rickshaws have been banned from carted folk around at 0.25 mph holding traffic up all over the city.

Always enjoy The Fringe.  Only have tickets for Louis CK so far going to buy James Acaster and Bridget Christie today, all their monthly dates are about to sell out.  Going to go for a couple of gambles tomorrow  maybe 2 for 1's.  There's potential for me to get a spare Daniel Kitson ticket but that's unlikely tbh.

I usually go see Jason Byrne but wasn't overly impressed last year. Going to go up on Saturday and play it by ear, some of the free shows have been great but some have been the most awkward cringeworthy shite imaginable.

13 hours ago, Nizzy said:

What have you seen? What would you recommend?

Can't praise Trainspotting highly enough - powerhouse performances, particularly from the lad who plays Renton.

Weirdly, I spotted David 'Bingo' Bingham in the venue. Genuinely thought he was a member of the cast for a few minutes.

seeing as he is assistant at Whitehill Welfare these days he probably thought he'd wandered into an indoor training session for the Rosewell men..

Going tomorrow and Saturday.

Get bored with the 'oh full of wanks/english/takes longer to get to work.'   Deal with it. It brings in money to the city. It's a great day out. Even better if drinking.

Also lots more to it than comedians, but I get why people tend to flock to them. Though in saying that, afternoon start, free shows + a good drink = even the dross is a good laugh.

Archived