Cambuslang Rangers v Rutherglen Glencairn

glensmad

A belter of a match to start the season, one I'm certain both teams are looking forward to.

Cambuslang have a lot of ex Glens connections in their squad (Mark Bishop, Colin Boylan, Thomas Kilmartin, Jamie MacLeod, Mark Tait, Dale Simeon) as well as on their coaching staff in George Fotheringham and goalie coach Jonny Duncan. 'Lang have added well over the summer, and I particularly like the striker Alessandro Savarese who they got from Tower Hearts u21s along with Simeon and a few others, he's very sharp.

I expect Glencairn to parade a good number of their new signings on Saturday as well, and some Glencairn fans who haven't seen the pre-season games may recognise more of the Cambuslang players than the players in black and white !

Unfortunately I'm missing the derby game for the second year in a row due to holidays, but I'll be glued to my phone for updates.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Beckanbaur said:

Mark tait? If he's at cambuslang then could someone let him know ?

Well the Cambuslang manager was quoted in the local paper a couple of weeks ago telling us all he had signed for Cambuslang and was a "proven goalscorer at Glencairn". (He scored four.)

Cambuslang Rangers 2 Rutherglen Glencairn 2.

Jamie MacLeod gave Cambuslang a half time lead, and Bob Davidson doubled the lead halfway through the second half. The Glens came storming back in the closing stages with a headed goal by Craig McGregor and then what I'm told is a superb last-minute equaliser by Jamie Hamilton.

Thank you to my several informants at the match, I'm looking forward to reading the reports of those who were there.

Archived