Perth: City of Culture 2021

27 minutes ago, Derek Patterson said:

Trying to think what we need to come up with the counter the dayglo lions...
The Ringo one in the Piazza is pretty smart tbf.

I had no idea that's what they were for. Anything Perth tries now will be futile.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CityDave said:

When I think of Perth I tend to think of shopping trollies everywhere. Many live out in the open like the curb dwellers or besides the KFC, some prefer to hide in the shrubs then there are the aquatic ones who spend most of the time submerged in the canal.

But besides that it had a cracking fish and chip shop, One O One its called now. Haven't been there since the name change so don't know if the standards have been maintained, but hopefully give it a try this season.

You should try the crieff road chippy :D

Just now, DDcups said:

I'll try both. Creiff Road if I happen to be at McDairmid Park, High Street if passing through.

For someone traveling down from Inverness and back for the football its difficult to avoid Perth there is no alternative and usually I have a couple of hours to wait for the train back up. Is Perth the Crewe of Scotland?  I would think Perth has some good points if you know where to look.

I need to find a good real ale pub to kill time instead of hanging about on the Railway Platform for a couple of hours after a game, especially in the winter time.

13 minutes ago, CityDave said:

I'll try both. Creiff Road if I happen to be at McDairmid Park, High Street if passing through.

For someone traveling down from Inverness and back for the football its difficult to avoid Perth there is no alternative and usually I have a couple of hours to wait for the train back up. Is Perth the Crewe of Scotland?  I would think Perth has some good points if you know where to look.

I need to find a good real ale pub to kill time instead of hanging about on the Railway Platform for a couple of hours after a game, especially in the winter time.

The road to Dundee is the finest thing to ever come out of Perth.

The green room has a good selection of beer, only a 10 minute walk/20 minute drunken stutter to the station.

3 hours ago, CityDave said:

Is Perth the Crewe of Scotland?  I would think Perth has some good points if you know where to look.

Oddly enough, I was in Crewe last year. Cesspit but had a better fish supper there than I've had anywhere in Perth.

The Green Room (formerly Mucky's) in Canal Crescent is probably the best beer pub in the town. 5 mins walk up to the station from it.

Mixture of real ales and rakes of bottled "craft" ales.

5 hours ago, DDcups said:

Think its changed since you were there, new ones brutal

2 hours ago, the_saints_are_coming said:

Perth has the potential to be a very decent place. The city centre is a joke and needs serious regeneration. But there's some fantastic restaurants in and around Perth and it has a strong basis of sound people. It is also surrounded by glorious #perthshire countryside. The location is also the best in Scotland with all three of the best cities in Scotland within an hour. Widge also doesn't live there which is a bonus. I'd weedle out everyone caught wearing an Old Firm top, chuck them over the Fife border where they belong. That would be a fantastic start. 

Indeed, once the councillors, eventually, die out we'll see progress

verb
BIOLOGY
  1. 1
    maintain (tissue cells, bacteria, etc.) in conditions suitable for growth.
    "several investigators have attempted to culture biliary cells"

When you see this definition of culture you understand why Perth was chosen.  Eminently suitable place to grow bacteria.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think its changed since you were there, new ones brutal

Indeed, once the councillors, eventually, die out we'll see progress

Is it still the Chinese couple that run it?

The boy wore the same clothes all the time and the place could have used a good clean. The food was shit when I was there aswell I just wanted to inflict the place on other people :D

Just now, DDcups said:

Is it still the Chinese couple that run it?

The boy wore the same clothes all the time and the place could have used a good clean. The food was shit when I was there aswell I just wanted to inflict the place on other people :D

I've no idea, I went in after a Saints away day about six months ago, ordered my fish supper, sat down and 40 minutes later got asked if I was ordering anything. 10 minutes later I got handed a box with a tiny fish and raw chips.

55 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

English fish suppers are generally bowfin 

This.

Was nice to be home last week. Treated myself to a trip to Anstruther for a fish supper on Friday ;) 

Perth however I find disappointing every time I return. My hometown :( 

Still like a pint or two in Christies though ;) 

Archived