'Preventative' HIV drug

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Menzel said:

MSM is not supposed to be a term of identification in this way, I was merely using it as a distinction as LGBT doesn't really fit in there as sex between women is not as high-risk in terms of HIV infection as homosexual sex between me. It's the term used by AVERT anyway, and I believe by PROUD. Not 100% sure what this has to do with me asking you to refrain from using homophobic language, regardless if some of your 'best friends' are LGBTQ or not.

All my friends are LGBTHIVAVERTPROUDLGBTQ drug users and I'm proud to know every single one.

Expensive drugs so that particular people can have unprotected sex with a lower chance they will get infected, FFS?, I use the best method available and it is far more expensive?, it only costs you your soul and is called marriage. :bairn

Nah, I do not believe in promoting unprotected sex unless in a monogamous relationship.

It may have the reverse effect if people think they can take a pill and shag anyone and everyone they like and they won't get infected.

The pill back in the 60's whilst reducing childbirth at the time also had a negative effect because loads and loads of young people where spreading STD's like wildfire and the rise of STD's at the time became an epidemic iirc.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Was just trying to Welshbairn a lifeline.

Cheers throbber, could you slag off hellbhoy now, I can't be arsed and there might be something on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Reverting to bullying again, Grandpa?

If you feel a comment like that constitutes bullying then you've lived a very sheltered life, but don't worry I won't direct such language to you - I wouldn't want you to feel intimidated.

If you feel a comment like that constitutes bullying then you've lived a very sheltered life, but don't worry I won't direct such language to you - I wouldn't want you to feel intimidated.

Please see comment again, I thought it was throbber just fucking about until I read back.

Please see comment again, I thought it was throbber just fucking about until I read back.

I was more trying to make light of the ridiculousness of welshbairns comments than be edgy.

10 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Nah, I do not believe in promoting unprotected sex unless in a monogamous relationship.

It may have the reverse effect if people think they can take a pill and shag anyone and everyone they like and they won't get infected.

You make that sound as if it's a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

im down with the lgbt thing but what does the q stand for? also i think there is evidence that the contraceptive pill increased the spread of sti's, so something that encourages unprotected sex and could lead to antibiotic resistant strands of other stis. Dangerous territory.

I used to think it just stood for "queer" - i.e. punters not fitting into any of the other categories, but I was told it can be either that or "questioning", i.e. punters who aren't 100% what their identity is..

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You make that sound as if it's a bad thing.

It could well be a bad thing if people get it into their heads steaming drunk thinking, "I've took the pill,I'll take my chances because this person is so damn sexy."

5 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

It could well be a bad thing if people get it into their heads steaming drunk thinking, "I've took the pill,I'll take my chances because this person is so damn sexy."

I'm a bit doubtfull about the NHS paying for it, but a safe sex orgy pill inclusive of Vietnamese monkeys would be a great gift to mankind, even at 87%.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm a bit doubtfull about the NHS paying for it, but a safe sex orgy pill inclusive of Vietnamese monkeys would be a great gift to mankind, even at 87%.

87%?, it's just a number from lab results. I don't think they gave the pill to uninfected individuals and them asked them to shag those who were infected by the HIV virus to find out the results ffs.

Better and cheaper to give out better sexual health education imo. Not give them hope they can have unprotected sex with a 13% chance of being infected. Have you seen the gambling rise of people taking the odds? "13%?, I'll have some of that because I fancy the odds and fancy that other person more".

Archived