St Johnstone v Hearts, Betfred League Cup Round of 16, Wed 10 August 2016

PauloPerth

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Elixir said:

If we get through this round and into the quarters, then I'll have a good deal of interest in this tournament. As it is, it's still early August and it simply feels like a total meh game.

Actually think we'll win this now. Well, quite simply, Neilson has to as another early cup exit going into our game at Pittodrie at the weekend will see him under a tonne of pressure.

Fair do's.  Last season we were all looking forward to a wee run in Europe, and when we got put out early, the start of the domestic season didn't have quite the same buzz initially for me.  Possibly the same for hearts.

But I can never understand fans of any teams other than the OF not being bothered if they get knocked out of the LC, and treating routine league matches as more important.  

If we lose then it's back to being the diddy cup, obviously.

2-2 after 90 minutes. 3-3 AET.  St Johnstone to rekindle the spirit of Lucerne and end our penalty woes, with Tam Scobbie scoring the winner at the Crem End and doing a bit of crowd surfing in the East Stand.

Just read an interview with Robbie saying he's prioritising the cup.  Saints win. 

Every time we come out and make a big statement about how a tournament means a lot to us we inevitably turn in a shanner of a performance.

We'll lose 1-0, Cummins will have a ball pelted at him at 90mph that he struggles to direct into the 2mm gap between keeper and post and the Saints crowd will demand we sack him for missing "sitters". Alston will be callled out of his depth and shite despite not getting onto the pitch, while "Adam Morgan Mk2" will get another one minute run out which proves how dreadful he is, apparently.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We'll lose 1-0, Cummins will have a ball pelted at him at 90mph that he struggles to direct into the 2mm gap between keeper and post and the Saints crowd will demand we sack him for missing "sitters". Alston will be callled out of his depth and shite despite not getting onto the pitch, while "Adam Morgan Mk2" will get another one minute run out which proves how dreadful he is, apparently.

Calm doon. You're like a wee lassie whose big brother is slagging off One Direction.

The Adam Morgan mark 2 comment was the best of the lot after the Aberdeen game. How long was Coulson on for? Five minutes tops?

Are both sides likely to take this game seriously or will one/both be fielding a weakened team?

I was impressed by Hearts on Sunday and would like to see if they approach this match in the same manner.

Saints certainly won't be taking it lightly, although that's not to say that Wright won't make changes, maybe even one in goal. Our biggest issue could be in Tam Scobbie doesn't shake off the knock he's carrying, as it would likely hand Brad McKay his first start in a year. It would then become a make or break game for him as a poor performance would probably mean it was his last for the club.

22 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

2-0 Saints as it becomes 55 years of hurt for the paedos.

4 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

St Johnstone to make light work of hammer throwers FC. 3-1 with Hearts getting their customary penalty from another blatant dive.

Aaaaand Hearts will still be a more successful side than Hibs in this competition, irrespective of what happens tomorrow night. Just let that sink in. greggy.png

9 hours ago, Radford said:

as it would likely hand Brad McKay his first start in a year. It would then become a make or break game for him as a poor performance would probably mean it was his last for the club.

That would certainly boost my confidence.

I'm expecting him to start, sadly. Typical its against Hearts, so he'll be trying to impress and will no doubt try and skin eight players in his own box before losing the ball. 

2 minutes ago, SaintSam said:

Has Liam Gordon gone out on loan? Would be a more obvious starter considering he did well against them in May.

No hes still here as far as I know. Hes not been made the bench while McKay has though, which suggests what the pecking order is.

4-0 St.Johnstone. Hearts 54 year wait for league cup glory to continue.

2-0 Saints as it becomes 55 years of hurt for the paedos.

St Johnstone to make light work of hammer throwers FC. 3-1 with Hearts getting their customary penalty from another blatant dive.

Jos.png

Archived