• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. Come back to me at the end of season. Will be lucky to play 20 league games never mind goals

Can I have Tuesday's lottery numbers with your crystal ball too? Bit early to right him off, no? Certainly behind the rest in terms of pre-season so I'm only expecting him to get better and sharper as season progresses.

Sarcasm I assume [emoji2]

I think of this thread we have seen that you really don't have a clue:

1. Don't understand the concept of keeping possession, and probing.
2. Didn't previously rate McLaughlin.
3. Don't understand what Gormley brings to the party.

In other words, no idea how a team game is played. Even less about football.

I think of this thread we have seen that you really don't have a clue:

1. Don't understand the concept of keeping possession, and probing.
2. Didn't previously rate McLaughlin.
3. Don't understand what Gormley brings to the party.

In other words, no idea how a team game is played. Even less about football.

Maybe you're right.

But I do understand possession and probing. I think moving the ball across the back line could be faster.

I didn't rate McLaughlin as many other Clyde fans didn't. I think he's improved this season so far.

I don't understand what Gormley brings to the party. He does not hold the ball up well as has been stated and his touch is dreadful.

It's all about opinions though.

Lay off gormley. For our level he is very good at what he does. Wear his heart on his sleeve and he might not be a 20/25 a season striker but his team contribution is vital and his assists last seaaon are fact as oppose to opinon....

S Mclaughlin doesnt have the legs to create and go beyond & was tarnished a bad player, Wrongly may i add and glad hes proving doubters wrong, Manager has dealt with it this seaaon but waa glaring obvious our lack of pace hence reason we signed john (Long baw) Gemmell....

Perhaps it should be remebered these guys prob read what we read as it says on the tin, Support team or fuk off (STOFO) Dont know you but you sound like someone who picks their player they dont like, Opinion, Aye!

Everyone is great.
Everything is super.
Support the team etc.
Makes life boring though when you can't discuss your genuine opinion on the merits of your team that you've supported for 40 years, having never once in that time shouted abuse at a Clyde player.
But it seems I should F... Off for having an opinion.
Incidently, I'm generally pleased how the team is playing so far this season.
All the new players have impressed me.
So it's not all negative

We've got potentially one of the best midfields we've had in years, and it'll only get better when Scott Ferguson returns.  It's probably a match for most in the league above.

McDonald's the only proven goalscorer and I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to deliver in every game throughout the season at this stage in his career.  A loan signing could work there

The Montrose goal highlighted the problem in defence, but it's easily rectified.  Lowden and McNeil look good signings, but while Linton closed his man down, young Lowden stood off his allowing the cross to come in.  He can afford to get tighter with the pace he's got.  When it does come in, the centre halfs are ball watching.  All that takes is one guy in the middle directing the traffic, make sure the opposition is getting picked up, at least stop a free header.  All that can get sorted out on the training pitch. 

Its good we are actually discussing football, players and how we improve by small margins rather than the dross we have had in recent years, I genuinely think we have had such garbage to watch in last 5 years we have forgotten how to discuss football matters like we do in a pub with our mates.

On that note, where do we feel Fergie (The player)  will  fit into the side? I wonder if perhaps directly up front and through the middle might be a shout..discuss

Gormley frustrated me last season as I felt too often he'd fall over looking for a foul instead of getting hold of it. His lack of shooting also frustrated me, not sure if a confidence thing or not but I'm in the belief if it opens up for you just shoot. Most keepers in this league are here for a reason so take a pop at goal instead of trying the extra touch. It's all opinions though, as many have already said! 

What I will say though is that it's a new season & we have a cracking team. The new additions will also help improve the players we retained as they should always have options when on the ball & more chances being created. New haircut, New Gormley. Now go on lad & do the business! 

Cant wait for the next game on Sat! 

4 hours ago, GYSPY ARMY said:

No but I don't see why that makes any difference. The guy has hardly played prior to coming to us. Bad injury in the past and not the youngest.

Don't necessarily disagree, but it's nonsense to write someone off having not even seen them.

We also don't need a 20 a season striker, guys like Macalister Austin are rare, and I would much rather have the likes of Ferguson, Flynn, Peaso(that's McDonald's nickname by the way), Easton, Gormley & Higgins all chipping in with 7-10 goals this season barring injuries.

To me not an unrealistic expectation having seen them regularly. and if they do, we will score more than the opponents in most games, and give ourselves a good chance.

Queens Park didn't have a prolific striker either and went up.

3 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Its good we are actually discussing football, players and how we improve by small margins rather than the dross we have had in recent years, I genuinely think we have had such garbage to watch in last 5 years we have forgotten how to discuss football matters like we do in a pub with our mates.

On that note, where do we feel Fergie (The player)  will  fit into the side? I wonder if perhaps directly up front and through the middle might be a shout..discuss

It's makes a change from discussions about broken floodlights and how many pies we'd need to sell a week to afford Paul pogba's wages! 

Archived