• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic save from the Linton effort from the well worked free kick. 

Enjoyed watching that too. Another bonus in our midfield is that they all look comfortable with both feet. 

5 minutes ago, Bully Di Villa said:

Good goals. Easton seems to be a baller.

This has maybe been asked before... but why were we in blue?

I assume as the new home kit hasn't been delivered that we're wearing the new away one due to sponsorship. No point advertising last year's company with the old home kit when someone else is paying money this year.

I think the blue kit is okay actually even if it doesn't come close to that black effort we had last season. One of the advantages of choosing a quality kit manufacturer I suppose.

Quite impressed by how we played today - clearly a lot more to come, and question marks defensively, but the early signs are good. If we can get in the habit of moving the ball a wee touch quicker and utilising the full backs (particularly Lowdon) a bit more going forward then we could really carve some teams wide open. All of the new recruits look like fantastic acquisitions, Oliver perhaps the only exception (based on what I've seen of him thus far). Two absolutely stunning goals today, which I don't think I'll tire of watching for some time. MacDonald's flick for the second was sublime and I don't think I have enough superlatives at my disposal to describe the first.

Dylan Easton's an absolute joy to watch; his final ball may be a bit inconsistent and he may be a touch greedy at times, but he's capable of doing things that very few, if any, other players at this level can. He's a bit of a fan favourite already and it's easy to see why. Keep him fit and use him properly and I think we'll have a great chance of success this season. 

I didn't see Barry's words in the programme, but if he signs two more players and they're even of a similar calibre to, say David Marsh, then we'll have some frightening options. There's already some great competition for places with Fergie and JP set to return fairly soon. Exciting times, indeed.

Good performance from full team yesterday but felt we never really got going until they equalised but overall deserved our 3points .....

Defence does worry me just now and hopefully with Smith back things will settle down. Good selection headache in midfield for BF and would still like to see another forward brought in to keep gormley and Peaso watching out for someone stealin their place..

Finally Big [emoji106]to Gibson. Defo.improving just needs to be more vocal to defence.

Good performance from full team yesterday but felt we never really got going until they equalised but overall deserved our 3points .....

Defence does worry me just now and hopefully with Smith back things will settle down. Good selection headache in midfield for BF and would still like to see another forward brought in to keep gormley and Peaso watching out for someone stealin their place..

Finally Big [emoji106]to Gibson. Defo.improving just needs to be more vocal to defence.

Would like another centre half in know big Smith coming back for me oliver looks out his depth at this level
His passing isn't bad and would be ok as a squad player but not a central defender

I was never that keen on McLaughlin but I have to confess that I've been impressed this season so far.
Similarly for Gibson.
Still have doubts about Gormley and Oliver. Overall I'm very optimistic for the coming season

I'm sorry still don't see the significant improvement in Gibson, decent shot stopper and yes did have a fantastic block in the first half, but does not command his box at all, yes I am being greedy looking for more quality in goal but really hope it does not affect our season against a better side than Montrose who will get more crosses or set pieces against us.

I'm sorry still don't see the significant improvement in Gibson, decent shot stopper and yes did have a fantastic block in the first half, but does not command his box at all, yes I am being greedy looking for more quality in goal but really hope it does not affect our season against a better side than Montrose who will get more crosses or set pieces against us.

He isn't the best but really hasn't done much wrong he won't come off his line but a lot of goalkeepers don't come off their line
Yes would love to see quality of Martin in goal , if we do sign a player would much rather have a centre half

No I'm not with his back to goal he is excellent I think Gormley is well worth his place in the team would have have him in above Higgins

Comparing him to Higgins is damning him with faint praise [emoji2]

Gormley is more interested in wrestling the defender than winning the ball. When he does get to the ball, his touch is woeful with the ball ending up 5 yards from his feet. He rarely holds up the ball. Play usually breaks down when it goes to him.
As for his scoring prowess, other than a fantastic 3 game run last season it was pitiful.
I do accept that he puts in a shift though.

Archived