Neil Doncaster - What a c*nt

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

The sfl held the rights to Rangers TV games, the SPL were in breach of their TV contracts and needed to maintain their tv deals or it was Armageddon time.

You'll recall Stewart Milne crying on tv when their first attempt to merge with sfl was knocked back.

Kincardine was spot on about their reprehensible behaviour.

Missing the point again sunshine, no one has denied the shady behaviour of the SPL clubs, including my own.

This thread is about Neil Doncasters behaviour and his shite marketing of the game.

Kincardine's argument was that no one on here should complain about it because club board members made a decision.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Missing the point again sunshine, no one has denied the shady behaviour of the SPL clubs, including my own.

This thread is about Neil Doncasters behaviour and his shite marketing of the game.

Kincardine's argument was that no one on here should complain about it because club board members made a decision.

The post had a few points, one was SPL 'bullying' the sfl for Rangers TV rights. Another point was that it's splf board who makes policy , not Doncaster and the fans predictable anger at Neily is misplaced.

ie. If Aberdeen fans have a problem then contact your own club  who helped make the decisions, rather than rant aboot Doncaster.

16 minutes ago, bennett said:

The post had a few points, one was SPL 'bullying' the sfl for Rangers TV rights. Another point was that it's splf board who makes policy , not Doncaster and the fans predictable anger at Neily is misplaced.

ie. If Aberdeen fans have a problem then contact your own club  who helped make the decisions, rather than rant aboot Doncaster.

Whilst, as I've said many times, our own clubs have behaved reprehensibly, and it is lamentable that they are satisfied with the job Doncaster is doing, I very much doubt the message will be go and market old firm and nothing but the old firm and ignore the rest of us.

I'm sure the message from the clubs is also not 'attendances have increased in the last year in anticipation of the return of the OF'.  That quote and other gaffe's is what this thread is all about.

If Kincardine's point was that should we all be upset that our clubs appointed and are happy with Neil Doncasters performance, then absolutely agreed, although that had already been mentioned several times on the thread before his outburst.

Edited by Dons_1988

Was The_Kincardigan actually trying to blame the 'diddy' supporters for the shameful manoeuvres that the 'diddy' chairmen and owners tried to get away with - just to quickly gloss over that little local difficulty in 2012?

Really?

A new low, even taking into account his normal lunacy....

If the likes of Stewart Milne and ALL OTHER top league  power brokers had got their disgraceful way, the currant Team/Club/Companies/Basket of Assets,Dressed In Blue Playing Out Of Ibrox Stadium would have started the 2012-13 season with a cosy 10 point penalty - and the bears would still have been squealing injustice.

The Diddy Revolt beat any pathetic posturing protests and marches on Hampden / BBC by a factor of about a thousand. 

Please - Die Again You Arseholes. Give us a laugh with Version 3.

On Topic -  that Doncaster  'interview'  was - even at this stage of the journey - the most boak inducing pile of nonsense offered during the entire clusterfuck

Oh dear, this is turning into another its all about the Rangers, how much everyone hates them and how much this hatred blinds them into not seeing the full picture which is all about what Rangers want and Rangers needs. Yawn

The facts remain that there has been very little coverage and promotion around that our league season begins this weekend. I think for a long time football fans are really needing to find out how Neil Doncaster can justify his position. Maybe part of the problem is that there isn't enough being seen to be done and Doncaster when he is exposed to the media in trying to put a positive spin fails miserably some absolute clangers over the years and he has been in this job for a few years now with little sign of anyone credible challenging him.

We could do with a more dynamic pro active Chief Exec a Craig Levein type right now, someone who knows football inside out and cuts through the crap and tells it as it is without any spin.

Nothing like a good bandwagon to attack a poster simply because ' he supports sevco, so we have to disagree with him'

You're right of course.
It was nothing like a bandwagon.

So,if I get this correct,it's the fault of the "diddy fans" that their club chairmen rolled over for whole spl/spfl fiasco, but it was the old Rangers board that was responsible for their club/companies demise.Consistency doesn't appear to be a trait for some posters.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Nothing like a good bandwagon to attack a poster simply because ' he supports sevco, so we have to disagree with him'

Yes and this is clearly nothing like that.

Don't be so stupid. Kincardine's ludicrous arguments got attacked because they were ludicrous.

Most posters on here don't like Doncaster and the job he's doing.  Most posters recognise however that the clubs they support are to an extent responsible for the fact that he is in his position.

For some reason, Kincardine wishes to portray this as a contradiction.

2 hours ago, CityDave said:

Oh dear, this is turning into another its all about the Rangers, how much everyone hates them and how much this hatred blinds them into not seeing the full picture which is all about what Rangers want and Rangers needs. Yawn

The facts remain that there has been very little coverage and promotion around that our league season begins this weekend. I think for a long time football fans are really needing to find out how Neil Doncaster can justify his position. Maybe part of the problem is that there isn't enough being seen to be done and Doncaster when he is exposed to the media in trying to put a positive spin fails miserably some absolute clangers over the years and he has been in this job for a few years now with little sign of anyone credible challenging him.

We could do with a more dynamic pro active Chief Exec a Craig Levein type right now, someone who knows football inside out and cuts through the crap and tells it as it is without any spin.

Craig Levein is literally the only person in the world that I can think of, that wouldn't necessarily be an improvement on Doncaster.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Craig Levein is literally the only person in the world that I can think of, that wouldn't necessarily be an improvement on Doncaster.

Himself I don't know but someone with a more hands on energetic no BS approach than Doncaster was what I suggested.

Business as usual then. Them creditors been paid yet? [emoji851]

It is because that episode in 2012 is a good example of all that's wrong with the talent deficit at the helm of Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Dr Koop said:

It is because that episode in 2012 is a good example of all that's wrong with the talent deficit at the helm of Scottish football.

Is that all?. Maybe there's a complete lack of talent available to the helm of Scottish football, who's fault is that? I would rather think about finding a solution than just moan about it and say nothing that is of any help. I would like to see our SPFL representatives engaging and speaking to the supporters once in a while it would be  good grounding for both sides and I don't mean individual clubs conversing with their support and then passing that on to the board I mean an actual SPFL meeting with supporters.

Besides that you would think that for such a title there would have been a wealth of applicants when the SPFL Chief Executive job came up for election, it does appear to be decent work with a lot of job satisfaction?

• 3 years later...

Did anyone listen to Neil Doncaster on the price of football podcast?

Any thoughts on how it came across?

I applaud him for going on and answering questions but I was totally uninspired that there is any drive or ambition for any change in Scottish football any time soon.