Neil Doncaster - What a c*nt

I'm beginning to wonder if the OF game is such a natural draw around the world why does he feel the need to repeat himself about this over and over again.

Surely seeing as this global phenomenon sells itself it might be better to focus your time on promoting the rest of the game?

Or maybe it's just not as great as he thinks

As much as Neil "Gerald Ratner" Doncaster is a cockwomble, it has to be remembered that he is in his job because the clubs keep him in his job. While it is obvious that the Scottish game panders to certain clubs, he could not continue to do the job without the support of the vast majority of the rest.

Guys an absolute cockwomble though and should be nowhere near the role he is in.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the OF game is such a natural draw around the world why does he feel the need to repeat himself about this over and over again.

Surely seeing as this global phenomenon sells itself it might be better to focus your time on promoting the rest of the game?

Or maybe it's just not as great as he thinks

I'm sorry, who or what is the OF?

As far as I'm concerned, that term died with Rangers Football club  in 2012.

They can be called the New Firm if you like

7 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I'm sorry, who or what is the OF?

As far as I'm concerned, that term died with Rangers Football club  in 2012.

They can be called the New Firm if you like

I can't really be bothered getting into the whole debate, even if I agree with you.

You knew what I meant.

He may be a fanny, but that article is a bit stupid. He's obviously just been asked, as you would expect in his role, about the upcoming season on a few occasions and he's gone in to his 'sales talk' mode to get publicity for our game, hardly something to criticise him for. Celtic v Rangers is by far our biggest game, whether we like it or not, and is a game that people outside of Scotland are far more likely to watch (most people still don't care about it, but still more than any other game we have), it's obvious he's going to talk it up and drum up interest.

If you employ someone whose job is largely about bringing in money to the game what do you expect him to do? Talk about how exciting the mid-table tussles between Ross County and St Johnstone are going to be? If Aberdeen hadn't failed so miserably at challenging a rotten Celtic team the last couple of years perhaps it wouldn't be about the Old Firm as much this season. Even then he still gives Aberdeen and Hearts are a couple of mentions. His comments a few years ago during the 'armageddon' period were unacceptable and he should have gone then as he was doing the opposite of what he should have been doing, I fail to see anything in that article that is worth getting remotely bothered about, it's all fair enough.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Doncaster & Reagan are both incompetent & totally unfit for purpose they are so far away from what the fans want or need that it beggars belief.

They will sell our game to sky/bt for pennies and then believe that we should be grateful, we get england/english games on terrestrial tv  but rarely show Scotland or Scottish games due to us being happy with the only deals they can get.

Not good enough !

We all know about the 5 way agreement and it is believed they kept them in to get the sh1tey sky deal.

The arrogance from these two keeps going on and on and on.......... 

10 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Talk about how exciting the mid-table tussles between Ross County and St Johnstone are going to be? 

That's exactly what he should be doing.

In that decade or so we've had a couple of last minute league victories more different cup winners than most countries.  He should be a pro at turning shite into gold.  

Many of the best matches or the most dramatic endings have come not from Parkhead or Ibrox, but Fir Park, Pittodrie, the Edinburgh Derbies, hell throw in the Dundee one too. 

It's how others companies work.  The Premier League have been doing it since the 90's.

Edited by Antiochas III

8 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

He may be a fanny, but that article is a bit stupid. He's obviously just been asked, as you would expect in his role, about the upcoming season on a few occasions and he's gone in to his 'sales talk' mode to get publicity for our game, hardly something to criticise him for. Celtic v Rangers is by far our biggest game, whether we like it or not, and is a game that people outside of Scotland are far more likely to watch, it's obvious he's going to talk it up and drum up interest.

If you employ someone whose job is largely about bringing in money to the game what do you expect him to do? Talk about how exciting the mid-table tussles between Ross County and St Johnstone are going to be? If Aberdeen hadn't failed so miserably at challenging a rotten Celtic team the last couple of years perhaps it wouldn't be about the Old Firm as much this season. Even then he still gives Aberdeen and Hearts are a couple of mentions. His comments a few years ago during the 'armageddon' period were unacceptable and he should have gone then as he was doing the opposite of what he should have been doing, I fail to see anything in that article that is worth getting remotely bothered about, it's all fair enough.

My Team: Airdrie and...........??

Yes, I take your point that he should be promoting the arsecheek derby, that is part of his job.  However, it is also his job to promote the whole league, and not just this year but for the entirety of his tenure. He's been either talking it down or fucking missing up until now, and as for mentioning Hearts and Aberdeen, well my cup overflows with gratitude.

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

That's exactly what he should be doing.

Correct.

43 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Attendances are up last season cause the old firm this season?? Does he really believe his own pish??

I doubt even he actually believes that. Possibly he feels the need to try and retrospectively connect the widespread improvements in attendances since 2012 - contrary to the predictions of "Armaggedon", "slow lingering death", etc. - to Rangers entering tier 1.

Implication is tantamount to saying more people attended Hearts, Motherwell, Ross County, Hamilton, Morton etc. because of their excitement at a possible OF derby a year later. That's clearly nonsensical.

Edited by HibeeJibee

8 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

He may be a fanny, but that article is a bit stupid. He's obviously just been asked, as you would expect in his role, about the upcoming season on a few occasions and he's gone in to his 'sales talk' mode to get publicity for our game, hardly something to criticise him for.

How do you account for this crap:

We've had an increase in attendances over the last year looking forward to the return of the Old Firm.

He's going to mention them, that's a given. But that quote is ludicrous. And he was in full salesman mode then he would be talking up the entire league, not limiting his excitement to two sides/one fixture.

28 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

He may be a fanny, but that article is a bit stupid. He's obviously just been asked, as you would expect in his role, about the upcoming season on a few occasions and he's gone in to his 'sales talk' mode to get publicity for our game, hardly something to criticise him for. Celtic v Rangers is by far our biggest game, whether we like it or not, and is a game that people outside of Scotland are far more likely to watch (most people still don't care about it, but still more than any other game we have), it's obvious he's going to talk it up and drum up interest.

Oh dear min that's full minter.  Never go full minter.