Biggest Swingers

No, not fat people who choose to throw their car keys in a bowl.

I'm talking about opinion swing, either things you used to like or love that now dislike /despise, or vice versa.

I'll kick off with a couple of mine.

Hibernian FC- used to dislike them and used to be quite happy to see them getting knocked out the big cup season after season, now I love them and will always look out for their results- Top Boi's.

EPL - thought it was great back in the day, now I have no interest and would need to be paid to watch any game now.

Broccoli- despised it, hated it growing up, but is now my fave veg but only if it is cooked correctly and not boiled in a pan until all the goodness evaporates.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but would like P&Bs biggest swingers to comment.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Russell Brand - used to absolutely despise him, especially at the time he got in trouble for the voicemail but loved the trews and really miss hearing his views on everything.

It's easy to be a mad marxist when you're already a multi millionaire. If I knew people could become famous by starting drugs then stopping, then starting again on the softer stuff, I would have done so a long time ago.

Russell Brand - used to absolutely despise him, especially at the time he got in trouble for the voicemail but loved the trews and really miss hearing his views on everything.

On the back of that, I'll say.

James Corden - Gavin & Stacy was a thing of beauty IMO, he's now just a self important trumped up tit.

James Corden. Used to despise him, but I quite like his Carpool Karaoke.

I've enjoyed his 'Drop the Mic' feature on his show. The one with David Schwimmer ( if you ignore the awful Rebel Wilson effort) is brilliant.

Corden is just an irritating p***k in my eyes, Gavin and Stacey over rated bollocks as well.

Hate to disagree with Gen Nonces best poster, but Gavin & Stacey is exactly why British comedy is better than US comedy.
It didn't try too hard for laughs, certainly in series one.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

59 minutes ago, throbber said:

He also occasionally acted/ presented TV/ did stand up comedy.

Is he dead?

About twenty years ago, I used to think Alloa was a wee shitehole full of slack-jawed yokels. Absolutely love the place now. What a mad, blundering, incredibly handsome young nincompoop I was.

Nissan Qashqai.

I used to hate them, refused to call them anything other than the Nissan Kumquat because Qashqai is an equally idiotic name and ridiculed anybody who drove one.

I've had one for a day as a courtesy card and I can see me buying one as my next motor.

Also hated olives as a kid. Love them now. And whilst I still dislike cabbage, I have a weird love of Sauerkraut. 

Archived