Motherwell @ Kilmarnock

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

I thought McHugh had led with his elbow up but given the state of the head, maybe not.

It was directly in front of us and I'm pretty sure it was a clash of heads.I can see why anyone would think it was reckless as it didn't look like a winnable ball with Hawkshaw  always getting there first. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to be back to the real stuff today after the diet version in the League Cup. Overall, we completely deserved the win but as we normally manage to do, made it difficult for ourselves when the game seemed to be petering out. 

On Ainsworth - he drives you mad for all the times he goes in with half-arsed challenges or lets his man breeze past but f**k me, he'll have some highlights reel when he leaves Fir Park - he's scored some of the best goals I've seen watching 'Well and today's fits right into that.

For me, our best man was big Heneghan - looks like a great find so far as he wins practically everything he goes for - looking forward to seeing him against a more accomplished team. Tait after not really impressing me so far looked very decent today even if he doesn't look like a crunching tackle is his thing.

Killie for all their lovely suits and wee pitch looked like you'd expect with all their new players and a manager who's heid's gone already - they were pretty shambolic for a lot of the game - a huge number of unforced errors and we should have punished that more. That said, as soon as they scored, they gave a decent enough show to send their supporters home with a bit of hope that they'll be ok when the team settles. On the subject of the Killie fans - absolute Champions League level booing today - magnificent. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thompson was hilariously bad today - both sets of fans rightly aggrieved I think. The decision to award a free kick to 'Well at the end of the game when the Killie forward was chopped outside our box was the worst of the day. Booking Johnson for the sort of celebration that goes on every week wound me up the most.

I don't think we've learned too much today that we didn't know already - a game against a team that's been better that us for a couple of years next week will be interesting.

Well at least we put in a bit of effort today . It was miles better than last week perhaps due to the fact that the opposition was better too.

We are still persevering with the hoofball tactic which when you punt it up to someone as small as Coulibaly will never work out well , he spent most of his time trying to control the Exocets aimed everywhere bar his feet. I felt we improved when Boyd came on and his lay offs made space and brought players into the move rather like McDonald does for the Well Had we been given what was a definite penalty it would have been harsh on Well had we scored 

Nonetheless it wasn't a shoeing so happy days .

Good to hear the board have rejected the offer for Magennis but I suspect it won't hold out too much longer 

1 minute ago, RAPID BENANO said:

Jack leitch played as a trialist for us today looks the part? Thoughts on him?

Had a great game against Celtic where he bossed the middle of the park.  Never got close to that level again.

30 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

That because it's not a Killie Pie. In saying that it was a lot better than the one on offer last week, still no gravy in it.

No gravy, and cold, but advertised as a Killie Pie

2 hours ago, Swello said:

On the subject of the Killie fans - absolute Champions League level booing today - magnificent. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I think you'll find that the booing was for the referee and that the team got a deserved ovation at the end.

Pish referee, better effort from the players.

Result probably fair.

Get your facts right.

Err- I dont think anyone's convinced.

Players got a standing ovation at the end, bizarre I know given we just lost to Motherwell, but at least the fans appreciated the effort by the players.

I admit we can be uber critical at times but the booing today was for one of the worst refereeing displays I have ever witnessed.

That said, I believe on this display, your team deserved their win despite holding on grimly at the end. 

Archived