Motherwell @ Kilmarnock

We're off to Kilmarnock on the opening day, which is excellent as my old man is still on holiday so won't be able to whine about plastic pitches the whole way there and back. 

Bit of an injury 'crisis' for us in the opening days of the season, with McDonald having a thigh strain, Moult presumably still out, and Blyth playing the Wes Fletcher role. Remains to  be seen whether we offer longer term deals to with Clay or Lucas. Cup games hinting that we might attempt to play both Ainsworth and Johnson, although Ainsworth off the bench seems to be a great game changer later on. 

Motherwell to win, Lee Clark to mutter incomprehensibly. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed Kilmarnock team for this game:

MacDonald, Kiltie, Coulibaly, Addison, Dicker, Stevie Smith. Plus 5 ringers and some subs assuming that all the players have tidied their rooms and done their homework.

Magennis, Jones, Martin Smith, Bojaj, Boyle, McKenzie all probably in with a shout of involvement. It's like a fun guessing game where you guess the names and positions of people you've never heard of. FUN.

I reckon we'll play 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1 because we don't have many other options with our strongest 11, (I've put Taylor at LB personally but Clark will probably pick S. Smith). Our RB choices are horrific and Burn is in there because I get the impression he's preferred to the truly awful Webb. Kiltie, Magennis and Mackenzie are fairly interchangeable and McKenzie or Kiltie, (preferably Kiltie), could end up playing number 10.

McDonald

Burn   Addison   Boyle   Taylor

Magennis   M. Smith   Mackenzie   Dicker   Kiltie

Coulibaly

I've no idea what team or tactics will be employed on Sat though and that's quite worrying with a few days to go.

Assuming there are no more incoming or outgoings at Fir Park this week our team pretty much picks itself, wide 433 with Ainsworth getting the chance to start given Moult is out after his operation.

Samson
Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell
Cadden Lasley McHugh
Ainsworth McDonald Johnson

Subs: Brill, Laing, Thomas, Mackin, Chalmers, MacLean, Turnbull or Campbell

Curious to know what's happened with big Kennedy as Laing seems to have taken his spot on the bench the past few games.

Sadly I'm missing this match, so therefore it's going to be one of the games of the season. A 5-4 Kilmarnock win. With three red cards, two penalties and a wrongly disallowed goal. 

That first 11 captain oats posted does look rather good.

More importantly who is supplying the Rugby Park pies this year?

Aulds, thou according to Bowie at the open day they are trialing several companies before making a final decision on a permanent supplier.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Assuming there are no more incoming or outgoings at Fir Park this week our team pretty much picks itself, wide 433 with Ainsworth getting the chance to start given Moult is out after his operation.

Samson
Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell
Cadden Lasley McHugh
Ainsworth McDonald Johnson

Subs: Brill, Laing, Thomas, Mackin, Chalmers, MacLean, Turnbull or Campbell

Curious to know what's happened with big Kennedy as Laing seems to have taken his spot on the bench the past few games.

Lasley is suspended (I didn't even realise til he mentioned it during recording the podcast about 20 mins ago) so it'll be interesting to see how we go in the middle of the park. Might be a chance for one of the younger lads?

Lasley is suspended (I didn't even realise til he mentioned it during recording the podcast about 20 mins ago) so it'll be interesting to see how we go in the middle of the park. Might be a chance for one of the younger lads?

Ahh, I was just making the assumption that he was available having played in the LC games after missing the opening fixture.

If McGhee was feeling adventurous he could move McHugh into the holding role and maybe give Thomas a shot on the left of the central 3. That'd probably limit Cadden though.

Having said that when Lasley was out against Rangers he stuck the bold Joe Chalmers in there so he may go the same route again.

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Ahh, I was just making the assumption that he was available having played in the LC games after missing the opening fixture.

You'd have thought so - something to do with the third of the games having to be "competition specific". To be fair, understandably Lasley didn't really seem to get it either. :lol:

I wonder if he'll maybe make a decision on Lucas/Clay one way or another this week then?

I noted Craigan mentioning in his interview that there will probably be a couple of the 20s going out on loan. Also pleased to hear that Jamie Semple's going to be involved in the 20s group from the sounds of things.

Archived