Dundee United v Queen of the South.....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Desert Nomad said:

I think a lot of Arabs will point to the chance Smith had, which I still don't know how it didn't go in, I was up celebrating. Minter.

I was up celebrating the Smith one, we also hit the post and keeper had a good save from Smith as well as various opportunities from out wide

I was up celebrating the Smith one, we also hit the post and keeper had a good save from Smith as well as various opportunities from out wide

You had numerous balls across the goal, mainly by the player skinning Hamill which (thankfully for us) came to nothing but as I've said, only a sitter and 3 shots on target out with that.

44 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I thought Hamill was decent first half but was given a torrid time in the 2nd. 

Marshall, Dowie and Millar were outstanding. What a shift Hilson put in and Dykes is raw but shows huge promise.

Fair point, Hamill did seem to have Obadeyi under control first half.

Hilson just never stops. What a difference he would have made last season

26 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Tbf, this is the first season that United have used the Shed as the sole away end.

Good turnout from your lot. Over 7000 for a United-Queens game is a great crowd.

Dillon was incredibly poor, Donaldson was also very disappointing; Nick van der Velden looks like a quality player, but on the whole it was a pretty shite performance.

What difference does it make that its the first season? Still pretty poor from what is otherwise a fantastic stadium. Even letting us enter from the other end would have been better.

Out of interest, why are away fans in that stand when theres a perfectly good one sitting empty?

18 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Having the ball out wide doesnt really count for anything though. As I, and others, have said the final delivery from out wide was really poor and few promising situations led to actual chances.

Stats dont always tell the whole story but we had more shots, both on and off target and more corners

though it was an enjoyably game with a fair result.

Millar the stand out for me, and by far the best I've seen Jacobs play.

The reception Dobbie received must have put a fair bit of pressure on him, no matter what level he's come from. He'll settle to a game soon.

stewarding much more friendly than dens, but bizarrely initially required entry through only one door the three that led into the section between the tapes for no apparent reason. Seemed to give up after a while.

50 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Fair point, Hamill did seem to have Obadeyi under control first half.

Hilson just never stops. What a difference he would have made last season

What difference does it make that its the first season? Still pretty poor from what is otherwise a fantastic stadium. Even letting us enter from the other end would have been better.

Out of interest, why are away fans in that stand when theres a perfectly good one sitting empty?

It's easier for Stewarding and Policing to put away fans in the shed, and it also looks better on TV, as the camera for Sportscene is in the Jerry Kerr/Fair Play

1 minute ago, football maniac said:

Agree with most that has been said! Would also add the scotch pie was the nicest I've had in any work match

I'm rationing my free one until a cold winters evening

Perks of being a Season Ticket holder.

Just popping in to highlight (as Scottdeeuk has) that the stewards at Tannadice are the exact same stewards you get at Dens.

If you felt they were "better" there are 2 possible explanations.

1. You actually took a decent support for once - they tend to shite themselves and stay quiet when a support is more than a couple of hundred.

2. They've been told to ease off in general (and are actually doing it)

The stewards at Dens/Tannadice have a horrific reputation so wouldn't surprise me if its the latter.

As for the complaints about the shed, I don't get it. Yes it's a fairly steep incline once your in and the toilets and catering are an absolute disgrace but surely "less mobile" fans would prefer a wee hill with a bannister to steep steps? It's a tremendous stand overall and shits all over the Fair Play / Jerry Kerr.

It's been a few years now but some things don't change. Football is just not for the people of Dumfries it seems.

It's easier for Stewarding and Policing to put away fans in the shed, and it also looks better on TV, as the camera for Sportscene is in the Jerry Kerr/Fair Play

Oh, well, as long as it's easier for the stewards that's all right then.
Agree with most that has been said! Would also add the scotch pie was the nicest I've had in any work match

Hellishly expensive though.
Just popping in to highlight (as Scottdeeuk has) that the stewards at Tannadice are the exact same stewards you get at Dens.

If you felt they were "better" there are 2 possible explanations.

1. You actually took a decent support for once - they tend to shite themselves and stay quiet when a support is more than a couple of hundred.

2. They've been told to ease off in general (and are actually doing it)

The stewards at Dens/Tannadice have a horrific reputation so wouldn't surprise me if its the latter.

As for the complaints about the shed, I don't get it. Yes it's a fairly steep incline once your in and the toilets and catering are an absolute disgrace but surely "less mobile" fans would prefer a wee hill with a bannister to steep steps? It's a tremendous stand overall and shits all over the Fair Play / Jerry Kerr.

It's been a few years now but some things don't change. Football is just not for the people of Dumfries it seems.

"less mobile" fans would prefer neither, clearly :rolleyes:

On August 5, 2016 at 23:04, 19QOS19 said:

A new season and the Falkirk obsession with us continues.

Where's the best place to park near the ground folks? Cheers.

That's what you took from that comment? I saw it in the paper and thought it was interesting stat, so posted it.

I'll look forward to the highlights as most of the action took place at the far-away end for us!

Agree a draw was fair overall.

Millar was MOM for me, this could be a big season for him.

Small reality check re Dobbie, still ecstatic that we signed him but he can't do it on his own, needs a decent service.

Re Durnan, I'm aware most United fans don't rate him, but I didn't see him do much wrong yesterday (unfortunately!).

United goal looked a cracker, need the highlights to see if any of our defenders could have done better.

Archived