Dundee United v Queen of the South.....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, kudos to Queens.  They played really well today and closed us down to great effect, particularly in the first half.  Thought Millar played well, maybe he had a point to prove.  They seem a really hard working, organised side.

We offered nothing in the first half, Smith was wasted playing wide and VdV not so impressive in the middle; far better in the second half when they changed.  Great goal from VdV, he's a class act.

We missed Toshney today, Dillon was poor and Donaldson awful.  Murdoch also had a poor game but Flood, apart from the odd hiccup, showed his class again.  Murray was quiet but got little service, Obadiey worked his way into the game but he does the difficult things well and the easy things badly.

The United Board must decide to invest in a more experienced central defender and see us have a decent chance of promotion or not invest in which case we will have no chance.

It would have been nice to start off with a win but the result was a fair one and maybe it's a salutary lesson for anyone who thinks we will skoosh this league.

Decent point for us and draw a fair enough result in my view.

No real failures for us, battled hard, well organised and some decent quality as well.

In all honesty and perhaps unsurprisingly Dobbie looked off the pace. Some decent touches though and I`m delighted he is back.

United offered very little first half and without threatening too much we were the better side. United much improved 2nd half and I have to say I feared we would lose. Their goal looked like a classy piece of play though hard to tell from the other end.

Edit to add I thought Millar was excellent today.

Dillon's gonna Dillon.

Fiecre debate in the geo fox lower about his short comings. (!) . Anyone here involved? , I was too far away to hear. The detail of It sounded like someone was disagreeing with the suggestion that hes pish. 

We were no where in the first half, and you can see teams all season getting in a about us and not giving us any time on the ball. It worked and Queens were much the better side first half. Thought hamil totally bossed obedayi first half.  Different story second half but not really an encouraging first 45 minutes.

Great goal as  has been said and  we should have had a second.  Early days so happy to take a point but if any money comes in due to Andy Robertson , we need to spend some on a quality central defender.  We can't go into games with the 3 stooges in the starting 11. 

Dillon is a fuckin liabilty and has been for years. Cost us with the goal, slow to shut down. It was all Queens first half although Bell barely had a save to make. Second half was a different story though, shooting downhill and pressed them high. That game was won when it went 1-1 but we took off our standout player. Not sure if it was tiredness or possible injury but we look a different team when St Nick is playing. Smith was impressive again, Flood did well second half but Obadeyi is fuckin rank. Im sure he was shit scared of that c**t Hamill the whole game. Shat it first half,second half he went at him and what a difference. Only problem was his final ball which was mince.

First game of the season so i wont go overboard. We need to be winning our home games, regardless of who its against, if we want promoted

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Impressive attendance today, over seven thousand.

Won't be long till that starts to dwindle.

F*ck sakes man, your team record an impressive win today and you're on here having a pop at us!  Now piss off before I start slagging Morrrissey and cats and have you in tears.

Archived