Dundee United v Queen of the South.....

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Flash
4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There was one at Alloa in Fowler's first season about Xmas where Higgy called off ill and Dowie was serving the second match of his two game ban for stamping on Ian Black.Alloa v QoS Dec 14

Durnan played alongside Hooper that day.

Without checking them all, would there not have been games in the 2nd division title season that Higgy missed before Dowie was with us?

I wasn't meaning that it didn't happen but thought it must have been more than once and spring instantly to mind for it to be cited as the reason for him being ropey. I just couldn't remember any games or who else would have played.

Can't believe Dobbie is back.

20 minutes ago, Flash said:

I wasn't meaning that it didn't happen but thought it must have been more than once and spring instantly to mind for it to be cited as the reason for him being ropey. I just couldn't remember any games or who else would have played.

Have to say I have some sympathy for Cammy's comment, albeit as you say I'm not sure where the basis comes from. I too remember thinking that, as much as I liked him, Durnan needed a bit of experience alongside him to guide him. I seem to recall him having a bit of a mare in that Alloa game and Hooper being the better centre half but maybe he just had a bad day.

Who cares though, Dobs is back.:)

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Have to say I have some sympathy for Cammy's comment, albeit as you say I'm not sure where the basis comes from. I too remember thinking that, as much as I liked him, Durnan needed a bit of experience alongside him to guide him. I seem to recall him having a bit of a mare in that Alloa game and Hooper being the better centre half but maybe he just had a bad day.

Who cares though, Dobs is back.:)

I remember Durnan having a mare in that game v Raith away late on two or three seasons ago. Might be getting muddled but did he not end up scoring both our goals that night ? Sure was same night kick off was delayed due to a problem on the bridge. 

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The Coldside Crew, Young Densfield Chisels, 5 Ways Tarantulas and even the Fairbairn Scarebairns.

You made all that up didn't you?  Apart from the last one obviously.

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The Coldside Crew, Young Densfield Chisels, 5 Ways Tarantulas and even the Fairbairn Scarebairns.

What happened to The Popular People's Front of Hilltown?

Reasonably optimistic for some reason. Haven't felt that before a United league game since the 6-2 derby win.
This season is all about sussing out different opposition, but McKinnon is somebody who knows this league, it's players and managers in the main.
I'd settle for a win and clean sheet, yes 1-0 would do fine.

The first game of a new season is always a bit unpredictable, but this one can be approached with cautious optimism after some decent performances in the cup games. 

Would be good to see VDV on the scoresheet as he has looked quality so far. One for him and another for the ginger assassin in a hard-fought 2-0 win.

Archived