Prison

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the late 80s early 90s I was on the prison visiting committees of Saughton, Dungavel and Perth.  I didn't find it a likeable task but I realised its importance.  At the risk of stating the obvious prisons are depressing places, really depressing.  I cannot imagine what it would be liked to spend any period of time incarcerated.

One of the most harrowing things was to realise the number of prisoners who really had mental health problems and who should have been receiving treatment rather than being locked up.  There were a number of prisoners I encountered who had spent years in prison yet had not served any sentence longer than six months for minor repeat offences.  Many of them became institutionalised and simply couldn't cope with life outside the prison regime.

2 minutes ago, Mortar Bored said:

That's not what I meant, were you the bitch or not in the showers?

I wasn't really in prison, I imagine prison is like the navy but on land. 

I'd imagine the prices are astronomical on cruise ships, so Grimbo's bill probably consists of a few club sodas every day.

I'm amazed by how many folk end up spending time in the jail; seems like half the folk I've known will eventually let slip that they did some time, even the ones that come from dull, respectable backgrounds. I suppose we've all done something illegal at some point.

Let's not go down that route, though; PCCabe's latest alias is surely watching.

23 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'd imagine the prices are astronomical on cruise ships, so Grimbo's bill probably consists of a few club sodas every day.

I'm amazed by how many folk end up spending time in the jail; seems like half the folk I've known will eventually let slip that they did some time, even the ones that come from dull, respectable backgrounds. I suppose we've all done something illegal at some point.

Surprised there's not a just giving page set up to cover the bar bill. 

1 minute ago, DDcups said:

Surprised there's not a just giving page set up to cover the bar bill. 

I suppose some temperance groups might cough up a contribution. Worth a try, surely.

15 hours ago, banana said:

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Gonna read the OP mate?

What?

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I never paid the bill, we got the £17 a day (each) all inclusive package but they fucked up & charged me the full price. They gave me the difference back. I think it was about £300 on the cruise card, the missus's was higher but she got ciggies on hers.

G-Bo 

Archived