junior cup

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not really. glens were missing six regulars, two full backs carried off, only sub a guy who turned up to help out after playing a full game for the local amateurs and the r etired team manager playing most of the game.it was obvious you had played more warm up games.

not really. glens were missing six regulars, two full backs carried off, only sub a guy who turned up to help out after playing a full game for the local amateurs and the r etired team manager playing most of the game.it was obvious you had played more warm up games.

Yeah we had a massive test at vake of leven during the week before we horsed you, will Bo'ness get any credit for there win today even if it was friendly?

We should van magic  played good stuff today and missing 5 players  . Best laugh was when a told the Talbot fan the boy that scored the 3rd goal played with Cumnock last year lol 

We should van magic  played good stuff today and missing 5 players  . Best laugh was when a told the Talbot fan the boy that scored the 3rd goal played with Cumnock last year lol 

Good stuff shaping up to be a good battle next season for the league

On 29 July 2016 at 21:57, Juniorfootball123 said:

This is going to ruffle a few feathers in the east however I do believe the west is considerably stronger than the east -  I would think Bankies, Peasy and Medda would all finish top 4/5 in the East Super league. Even looking at the betting odds the outsiders in the west prem I would fancy to win the east super - and don't get me started on the north lol! 

Really lol

6 hours ago, pie n beans said:

The prove is in the pudding only Bathgate and Linlithgow in the last 8 years from the East to win the scottish.

7 of the last 13 winners and 14 of 26 finalists have been from the East (see, I can sample stats to suit an argument as well).

7 of the last 13 winners and 14 of 26 finalists have been from the East (see, I can sample stats to suit an argument as well).

The East play a different sort of football to the West. It's slower and more technical than the West who play a quicker game with better fitness . The cup is a one off game that seems to favour the west...at the moment

These things are cyclical and always will be. I remember a similar debate from the other side of the coin on the old Scottish Juniors Yahoo group maybe a decade ago when the East was in the ascendancy.

In a few years time, some of the big West teams will probably have a dip and the pendulum will swing the other way. It's the nature of the Junior game that very few teams are consistently successful over a long period of time - who'd have thought ten years ago that Hurlford would be one of the top sides in the West for example, or that Pollok would suffer relegation after a couple of years dicing with the playoffs?

These things are cyclical and always will be. I remember a similar debate from the other side of the coin on the old Scottish Juniors Yahoo group maybe a decade ago when the East was in the ascendancy.

In a few years time, some of the big West teams will probably have a dip and the pendulum will swing the other way. It's the nature of the Junior game that very few teams are consistently successful over a long period of time - who'd have thought ten years ago that Hurlford would be one of the top sides in the West for example, or that Pollok would suffer relegation after a couple of years dicing with the playoffs?

Good point I honestly think quite a few on here aren't old enough to remember that the East used to the criteria for the Juniors. I can and will always have a healthy respect for them.

Probably the same folk who now support Chelsea and Man City as their English teams instead of Liverpool and Man Utd lol

2 hours ago, Talbot Bing said:

The East play a different sort of football to the West. It's slower and more technical than the West who play a quicker game with better fitness . The cup is a one off game that seems to favour the west...at the moment

It's an interesting theory but I've not really seen any evidence of that personally. Not that I see more than a handful of East teams per season of course. 

13 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It's an interesting theory but I've not really seen any evidence of that personally. Not that I see more than a handful of East teams per season of course. 

Ive always felt it goes the other way if anything and that the East teams are set up stronger physically than the west teams , just from my own experiences  ive always found most East teams ive saw through the years to have loads of big dominant players , it's certainly always been a tough game when you head anywhere for an away tie in the east to places like Musselburgh , linlithgow , Bo'ness , Bonnyrigg , Kelty , Oakley , hill o' beath , Camelon  etc . 

All teams that are probably best avoided early doors in the scottish if you can .

The games I have watched always see lots more time for the players with the ball giving them more ability to use it better. But the more physical and better fitness approach from the west teams always seems to win over the majority of these ties

I never really fancy the East teams when they come down to Ayrshire but I always think the Ayrshire teams have an evens chance out East. The boys from the East will need plenty of home draws me thinks. It will be a massive surprise if a team from the West isn't in the final.

6 minutes ago, manintheknow said:

I never really fancy the East teams when they come down to Ayrshire but I always think the Ayrshire teams have an evens chance out East. The boys from the East will need plenty of home draws me thinks. It will be a massive surprise if a team from the West isn't in the final.

Could it be that there's that bit  more passion for junior football in ayrshire than in the east generally speaking ? 

Very rarely have I been East and felt that I'm entering a real junior hotbed , I think sometimes when the east teams come through to ayrshire in big scottish cup ties the fans can really crank it up and create more of a partisan atmosphere which maybe Spurs their own team on and can maybe create an edge . 

12 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Could it be that there's that bit  more passion for junior football in ayrshire than in the east generally speaking ? 

Very rarely have I been East and felt that I'm entering a real junior hotbed , I think sometimes when the east teams come through to ayrshire in big scottish cup ties the fans can really crank it up and create more of a partisan atmosphere which maybe Spurs their own team on and can maybe create an edge . 

I've never seen any evidence of that following the Rose. I've absolutely never seen any Rose team in the last 15 years keel over in the face of a partisan crowd. When we lost to Kilwinning we just played terribly whilst Kilwinning played really well.  But the same players had just stood up and been counted at Forfar and Dingwall. If they were going to crumble they'd have taken a hiding off Ross County. But they didn't - they went toe to toe with them. At Kilwinning we were tactically gubbed too. But nothing to do with bottle or anything like it. 

Ayrshire has a few decent sides at the moment - that's about the size of it for me. The wheel will turn again soon enough.

Some total nonsense in this thread being spouted,  teams winning in a one off cup game means literally nothing compared to a league programme of 30 games (East Superleague). A dodgy west region ref with form helped Troon along to their win against Bo'ness last season (same guy who sent of Hunter for celebrating a goal against Glencairn 2 seasons ago) and on top of that the current circumstances also had an effect, with us having basically no recognizable strikers in our squad at the time who were fit. As for Lithgy getting beaten by Kilwinning?  They'd just been on a tiring run in the SENIOR Scottish Cup, and are now the team to have got furthest out of all the juniors who have participated and have clearly been going through interal troubles between managers and players over the last couple of seasons. 

The main point here is that the result itself means nothing without context, if that was true then the Icelandic national team are officially as good as the team that just won the Euros!

Archived