HERE WE FUCKING GOOOO

45 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

Do you think they should all be admitted to the district level or would you advocate for the top teams to be admitted higher up?

If any club applies to join the SJFA they start at the bottom. Easthouses were almost EoS Champions the season before they moved over to the East Region South Division. If you're good enough you'll move up the Junior pyramid.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a couple of clubs are about to do a Kelso, I suspect this might be the last season. Looking at it from a Fife or Berwick standpoint on the geographical extremes it's easy to see why players would prefer the other available options. The Kingdom  Caledonian League was Burntisland's natural habitat and judging by how Golspie and Glasgow Uni have been treated it looks like they could have stayed there. 

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If a couple of clubs are about to do a Kelso, I suspect this might be the last season. Looking at it from a Fife or Berwick standpoint on the geographical extremes it's easy to see why players would prefer the other available options. The Kingdom  Caledonian League was Burntisland's natural habitat and judging by how Golspie and Glasgow Uni have been treated it looks like they could have stayed there. 

Shippy would probably have been better going junior less traveling for them although their licence then comes into play. Don't know why Tweedmouth bothered joining the EOSL a lot of traveling to Fife and Edinburgh every 2nd week.

Burntisland’s natural habitat if they wanted to move beyond the Amateurs is the Juniors, in the South Division we currently have five Fife clubs (Oakley, Rosyth, Crossgates, Lochgelly, Kirkcaldy) plus two Edinburgh and four from West Lothian, all a lot closer than the majority of travel they face in the EoS.  Assuming they don’t fold, and now that they have their licence, they could move over to the Juniors and retain their Scottish Cup place, there would be no justification in taking it off them now given other examples. It’s a no brainer.

What’s happening  at Ormiston and their new ground, it seems to have stalled? They are another one that need to admit that the EoS has hardly been a rip-roaring success since they left the Juniors in 1999-ish and would be a perfect fit to move back to the South Division.

Those are two clubs who, IMO, are better served in Junior football.  So are Leith and LTHV, but give the carrot of Scottish Cup participation by winning the EoS, they may be a little more reluctant.

Ormiston have some pictures on their website of the grass field and have the pitch side barrier up, it's maybe a month or two old now.

Maybe a carrot of highest placed ex EOS team could still get into the Scottish cup might help integration.

The problem is that the top 3 EOS teams have all stated they are aiming for the lowland league so I'd imagine will want the easiest route preserved for as long as it's sustainable.

It's a real shame that Lothian Thistle can't get the facilities etc. required to have a licence.  Two games this season so far and both 7-0 wins.  They are clearly far better than the East of Scotland League.

Couldn't they just do what other clubs have done (e.g. BSC Glasgow, Edusport, Stirling Uni, Glasgow Uni) and arrange a groundshare with a licenced club?  I'm not a big fan of groundshares (I don't mind so much groundshares in the same city but ones like BSC, Edusport and Glasgow Uni are a bit of a joke) but if clubs are allowed to that to become licensed then I don't see why Lothian Thistle shouldn't look into it.

It's a real shame they don't invest in new facilities etc rather than players......

Can't believe that cowfield at Saughton is still being used, have the changing rooms changed at all? Used to be the worst in the league.

Have they gained any fans from the merger with Hutchie Vale as they used to attract very few?

Good side though [emoji17] [emoji122]

7 hours ago, Fisherman said:

It's a real shame they don't invest in new facilities etc rather than players......

Can't believe that cowfield at Saughton is still being used, have the changing rooms changed at all? Used to be the worst in the league.

Have they gained any fans from the merger with Hutchie Vale as they used to attract very few?

Good side though emoji17.pngemoji122.png

Ya hoor ye spot on Gadge 

On 03/08/2016 at 11:16, Burnie_man said:

Burntisland’s natural habitat if they wanted to move beyond the Amateurs is the Juniors, in the South Division we currently have five Fife clubs (Oakley, Rosyth, Crossgates, Lochgelly, Kirkcaldy) plus two Edinburgh and four from West Lothian, all a lot closer than the majority of travel they face in the EoS.  Assuming they don’t fold, and now that they have their licence, they could move over to the Juniors and retain their Scottish Cup place, there would be no justification in taking it off them now given other examples. It’s a no brainer.

What’s happening  at Ormiston and their new ground, it seems to have stalled? They are another one that need to admit that the EoS has hardly been a rip-roaring success since they left the Juniors in 1999-ish and would be a perfect fit to move back to the South Division.

Those are two clubs who, IMO, are better served in Junior football.  So are Leith and LTHV, but give the carrot of Scottish Cup participation by winning the EoS, they may be a little more reluctant.

why is it South Division clubs keep having to go into abeyance for a season (or more.. hiya Harthill) then? 

On 03/08/2016 at 22:29, stanley said:

It's a real shame that Lothian Thistle can't get the facilities etc. required to have a licence.  Two games this season so far and both 7-0 wins.  They are clearly far better than the East of Scotland League.

Couldn't they just do what other clubs have done (e.g. BSC Glasgow, Edusport, Stirling Uni, Glasgow Uni) and arrange a groundshare with a licenced club?  I'm not a big fan of groundshares (I don't mind so much groundshares in the same city but ones like BSC, Edusport and Glasgow Uni are a bit of a joke) but if clubs are allowed to that to become licensed then I don't see why Lothian Thistle shouldn't look into it.

The reason they can win 7-0 is the fact they don't spend any time or effort on trying to get a License for the Lowland league.

Is Saughton even enclosed?

why is it South Division clubs keep having to go into abeyance for a season (or more.. hiya Harthill) then? 

Two you mean? That will be Crossgates who kick off in a few hours against my team who had issues with lack of committee last season which are now resolved, and Harthill who will be back next season and are renovating their ground at the moment.

At least they come back........

It's a strong competitive league, good clubs, and it's attracted Easthouses and Craigroyston. Must have something going for it.....

The reason they can win 7-0 is the fact they don't spend any time or effort on trying to get a License for the Lowland league.

Is Saughton even enclosed?

It's called the saughton enclosure 

It's fully enclosed with a metal fence that I'd see through much the same way as one side of vale of Leithens ground is but I don't think it's acceptable for licencing.

I've said before that I don't think it's fair giving the Edinburgh teams a hard time for not being licenced. All clubs play in public facilities which take longer to develop. I think lothian thistle have been trying to get the enclosure done up since before Spartans got their new home and once had plans to develop a bit of land over the road from peffermill that never came off.

Saughton development is high on Edinburgh council and Scottish athletics hit list to vastly improve the facilities including a stand and changing rooms. LTHV and tynecastle have said that they are working with the council and SFA to get Saughton licenced.

Raymond Carr the manager was in the evening news during the week saying that they are still working towards a Licence but it's the building that hold them back

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/lothian-thistle-boss-we-re-not-finished-we-re-better-1-4191434

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

It's called the saughton enclosure 

It's fully enclosed with a metal fence that I'd see through much the same way as one side of vale of Leithens ground is but I don't think it's acceptable for licencing.

I've said before that I don't think it's fair giving the Edinburgh teams a hard time for not being licenced. All clubs play in public facilities which take longer to develop. I think lothian thistle have been trying to get the enclosure done up since before Spartans got their new home and once had plans to develop a bit of land over the road from peffermill that never came off.

Saughton development is high on Edinburgh council and Scottish athletics hit list to vastly improve the facilities including a stand and changing rooms. LTHV and tynecastle have said that they are working with the council and SFA to get Saughton licenced.

Raymond Carr the manager was in the evening news during the week saying that they are still working towards a Licence but it's the building that hold them back

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/lower-leagues/lothian-thistle-boss-we-re-not-finished-we-re-better-1-4191434

Which article mentions the licence?  I can only see him talking about the squad and the season ahead in the article you linked to.

Tynecastle and LTHV have both had pieces in the press in the last few weeks with officials quoted talking about promotion, LL, and licences. Tynecastle launched their news strips at Murray Park a couple of weeks ago and Lee Wallace - who is a coach with them - was talking about it. LTHV manager also quoted at length in the D&G News website on the subject, this week:

http://www.dgnews-sport.co.uk/?art=5200&page=home&title=THISTLE+PLAN+NEW+BID+TO+REACH+THE+LOWLAND+LEAGUE

THISTLE PLAN NEW BID TO REACH THE LOWLAND LEAGUE
Football   02-08-2016

RAYMOND Carr is disappointed his Lothian Thistle HV side is not fighting it out in the Lowland League this season.

Thistle will make another big bid to get their SFA Licence and apply to the league and Carr said: “I really think it’s only the likes of buildings and facilities that’s keeping us from being where we really should be.”

Thistle beat Eyemouth United 7-0 in the East of Scotland League Cup but admitted The Fishermen put up a fight and it took half an hour to break them down.

Carr went on: “I’m not being disrespectful to the other teams but there’s two that’s gone into the Lowland League that couldn’t ‘tie our laces’ on the football park.

“It’s just other things that keep us out of it and it’s very frustrating because you want to play and compete at the highest level. 

“You don’t want to be playing games where you’re scoring so many goals every week for you can become complacent and when you come up against a stiffer side you could lose a game.”

He added: “The licence and getting into the Lowland is one of things off the field that we’re working on. As a club we have the structure and we could compete in the Lowland League not bother. It’s just getting the other things put in place that really don’t have anything to do with football on the playing side.

“Hopefully we can move forward this season and I’d like to see it happening. We’ve come a long way and this season we’ve also brought a number of young lads through.”

Of course these clubs share Saughton Enclosure. Here are the quotes regarding Tynecastle:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/why-rangers-lee-wallace-has-sights-set-on-lowland-league-1-4176965

Why Rangers’ Lee Wallace has sights set on Lowland League

Leading Rangers back to the summit of the Scottish Professional Football League will be Lee Wallace’s over-riding ambition in the season ahead.

But the Ibrox club’s captain has revealed he hopes to achieve the feat in tandem with helping Tynecastle FC take a step towards achieving SPFL status.

While still in the prime of his playing career at 28, Wallace is already taking his first steps on the coaching ladder which he intends will take him into management when he eventually hangs up his boots.

Since last year, Wallace has spent much of his free time working as first team coach at East of Scotland League side Tynecastle who are managed by his friend Steve Vinter. With a pyramid set-up now established in Scottish football, former Hearts full-back Wallace believes Tynecastle can move up into the Lowland League and beyond in the coming years.

“I see big things happening in the future for Tynecastle,” said Wallace. “As a coaching staff, we are a year into the project.

“The next step will hopefully be the Lowland League, where you don’t have to look any further than Edinburgh City and what they have achieved in getting into the SPFL via the pyramid system.

“I think about football 24-7 and I want to make progress both for Rangers on the pitch and with my involvement at Tynecastle.

“I was lucky enough to start coaching with Heriot Vale amateurs, which was run by a lot of my friends. It’s a different ball game with Tynecastle which is part-time level in the East of Scotland League. We are hoping to progress the club forward.

“It’s quite 24-7. Tynecastle train twice a week and I’m there for every session I can. I also get to games whenever I can.

Off-hand I cannot recall seeing quotes from Leith Athletic on the subject and certainly there is no way Meadowbank 3G would meet current criteria, or could be made to do so without almost total rebuilding.

On the other hand there are plans to rebuild Meadowbank Stadium.

Which article mentions the licence?  I can only see him talking about the squad and the season ahead in the article you linked to.

Must've been a different one I'm on holiday with patchy reception so just copied the headline! Must've been the one hibeejibee pasted (thanks)

On 06/08/2016 at 17:56, HibeeJibee said:

Tynecastle and LTHV have both had pieces in the press in the last few weeks with officials quoted talking about promotion, LL, and licences. Tynecastle launched their news strips at Murray Park a couple of weeks ago and Lee Wallace - who is a coach with them - was talking about it. LTHV manager also quoted at length in the D&G News website on the subject, this week:
Off-hand I cannot recall seeing quotes from Leith Athletic on the subject and certainly there is no way Meadowbank 3G would meet current criteria, or could be made to do so without almost total rebuilding.

On the other hand there are plans to rebuild Meadowbank Stadium.

Yeah but Lee Wallace is a grass

59 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I see that Falkirk Juniors of the East Region Premier have folded after failing to fulfil their first game of the season at the weekend. Sad to hear but shows the issue isn't EOS specific.

It's been on the cards and they should have withdrawn in the close season (or taken voluntary relegation back to the South Division to rebuild). Little more than a vanity project by one man and when he lost interest the writing was on the wall, they lasted five seasons and were lucky to get 20 punters along to games. The concept of getting Junior football back to Grangemouth was a sound one, however calling yourself Falkirk and not Grangemouth was an indication that it wasn't going to end well.

Good news is that it frees up another space for more EoS clubs to apply for next season :thumsup2

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's been on the cards and they should have withdrawn in the close season (or taken voluntary relegation back to the South Division to rebuild). Little more than a vanity project by one man and when he lost interest the writing was on the wall, they lasted five seasons and were lucky to get 20 punters along to games. The concept of getting Junior football back to Grangemouth was a sound one, however calling yourself Falkirk and not Grangemouth was an indication that it wasn't going to end well.

Good news is that it frees up another space for more EoS clubs to apply for next season :thumsup2

Grangemouth has a bad history of junior clubs folding in the past , two I think.

Archived