Things you miss about childhood

DDcups

Since I'm feeling old

If you could have 1 day back at any age what would it be and what would you do?

I would go back to about 11-12 and just play football with my pal all day then have a chippy in the tent/spin the bottle arena. Happy days.

Summertime is shit as an adult.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could still do that, assuming your pal's still with us.

Being a kid was a bit shit IMO. It would be absolutely mindblowing to access those memories and see everything again, though.

29 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You could still do that, assuming your pal's still with us.

Being a kid was a bit shit IMO. It would be absolutely mindblowing to access those memories and see everything again, though.

It's sad 2 guys near 30 playing Wally all day and sitting In a tent in their mums back garden. Plus were both fat now so football would last 5minutes.  It's horrible growing up

Not quite childhood but the summer of 1998 when I was 17. No summer job so used to tap £5 from mum/dad/gran every couple of days which would be enough for 10 Marlboro, 2 litres of Pulse and a portion of chips. It was a simpler time.

I'd love that perception of time back that kids have. A day seemed a long, long time and the school holidays seemed to stretch out forever.

I had the day off on Monday just past and it seemed to be 5pm before I knew it, and as for a long holiday like Christmas - I seem to spend the first week getting used to being off, and the second week thinking:

"f**k, four days till I go back..."

"f**k, three days till I go back..."

9 minutes ago, DDcups said:

It's sad 2 guys near 30 playing Wally all day and sitting In a tent in their mums back garden. Plus were both fat now so football would last 5minutes.  It's horrible growing up

I sympathise.  I had my mid life crisis when I was reaching 30, though for most people it's maybe usually when they're a bit older.

I've since accepted that we just get older then we die (awaits usual responses).

Anyway, I hope that's cheered you up.  :)

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I sympathise.  I had my mid life crisis when I was reaching 30, though for most people it's maybe usually when they're a bit older.

I've since accepted that we just get older then we die (awaits usual responses).

If I have a mid-life crisis at 62 will I live to be 124?

50 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes I'm so happy now. All I have to look forward to is death

Thank you.

I'd go back to 13/02/94 (aged 10) and kick Ross Taggart's c*** in for snapping all my Yikes pencils.

Can't do it now as he's in prison for murdering his mum.

10 hours ago, DDcups said:

Yes I'm so happy now. All I have to look forward to is death

Thank you.

No you have far more to look forward to than that.

High cholesterol, high blood pressure, getting fat, going bald, aching joints, worrying about how you will cope financially.

I am sure there are others to but I am in an upbeat mood today so will leave it at that.

I'd go back to the summers of age 14/15. Two carefree endless summers of mischief. Each year after that has saw me slowly slip into the real world with every passing year. I don't like it.

A typical day like today back then would have consisted of some cuppy doubles, a poke of chips, a round of chappy and trying to get someones older sibling to buy you a cargo. Also the age at which you start actively pursuing your oats. I'd go back to the night of my first intercourse and make it less tragic.

The works of Scooter fill me with a rose tinted nostalgia for those simpler times.

This is my thousandth post. Not sure if that's good or bad.

14 hours ago, DDcups said:

Since I'm feeling old

I would go back to about 11-12 and just play football with my pal all day then have a chippy in the tent/spin the bottle arena. Happy days.

Summertime is shit as an adult.

spin the bottle with 2 people sounds shite.

I watched 'Stand by me' just the other night with the wee man. It took me back to summers where you go wee adventures with your pals, pretty care free, summer was always sunny, leave in the morning and be out all day, take a bag with some munchies and a big bottle of juice, great times, really trying to instill this into him, and say that when he is a bit older and gets a solid group of pals he should be out doing that too rather staying in and playing the X box. Now he thinks i used to go around looking for dead bodies. 

Archived