Inverness v Arbroath

TheScarf

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was as good an opening 45mins as I've seen us play... perhaps only rivalled by the 0-7 game at Ayr United. Arbroath came more into the game early in the second half and were unlucky not to score. They tired though and it could have been double figures had it not been for wasteful final balls and finishing. 

Mulraney's pace will absolutely terrify full backs. He is lightning quick! Shame his decision making for passes was often poor/slow. Really impressed by Boden and King too; excellent signings that inspire far more confidence than Yogi's last transfers (Liam Hughes and Ryan Williams).

What an improvement there has been in Carl Tremarco in the last 6 months or so by the way! Amazing energy and directness, like Shinnie in his prime. 

If we didnt have hamilton we would be in some amount of trouble. Thought phillips was good for us yesterday but we just struggled overall. First goal set the tone for the day ill have nightmares about that for a while [emoji85] mutch didnt cover himself in glory for any of the goals really, gomes to start tuesday would be ideal.

That boy roberts gave us some amount of trouble all afternoon, kevin mcnaughton is still a c**t

18 minutes ago, ross-lichtie95 said:

That boy roberts gave us some amount of trouble all afternoon, kevin mcnaughton is still a c**t

I think you mean Jake Mulraney.  We had Jordan Roberts last season.

38 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Anyone know when the goals will be up on our youtube? I'm pretty sure it was quicker than this last time

I know that must sting a fair bit but don't be too hard on your boys after that result.
Foran wants us to play a certain way and we needed the goals to ensure we topped the group so it was the perfect game for us to go all out attack.  We put 5 past Dunfermline who are tipped to be in the play off positions on their own ground.

I think you'll beat our U20's in the Challenge Cup.

45 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

I know that must sting a fair bit but don't be too hard on your boys after that result.
Foran wants us to play a certain way and we needed the goals to ensure we topped the group so it was the perfect game for us to go all out attack.  We put 5 past Dunfermline who are tipped to be in the play off positions on their own ground.

I think you'll beat our U20's in the Challenge Cup.

Having seen our U20s get a 3-3 draw v Fraserburgh a month ago, I reckon Arbroath will narrowly win tomorrow. Our U20 team are very young and can't cope with the physicality of a League 2 team. Players to look out for are Macrae up front, Robertson in midfield and Gilchrist in defence - those to me look to have the most potential. 

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We embarrassed ourselves Saturday

I can't agree with you there.
I think we'll give a few defences a horror this season.  We're a professional top flight team with a lot of players who have been at the club a while and others fighting for places and new players all looking to impress the manager.  A full time top flight side did a (very) good job against a lower league part time side.  I mean no disrespect by that at all.
I don't think you embarrassed yourself at all, we just went for it is all.

39 minutes ago, RossP said:

Having seen our U20s get a 3-3 draw v Fraserburgh a month ago, I reckon Arbroath will narrowly win tomorrow. Our U20 team are very young and can't cope with the physicality of a League 2 team. Players to look out for are Macrae up front, Robertson in midfield and Gilchrist in defence - those to me look to have the most potential. 

I don't want us to loose but if we do, which I think we will, I'll not be bothered at all - we should not be playing in this competition at all.
The Challenge Cup is a great competition, I've a lot of good memories from our games in it, but it should be for the non top flight teams exclusively. 

Would expect to see Arbroath win this game by a couple. We have a few decent under 20s but pulling together a whole team good enough to compete at this level is tough ask. 

Not really a fan of the under 20s being included at all. The Challenge Cup didn't need a restructure as it was an exciting tournament already and a chance for teams below the Premiership to get a piece of silverware. That being said, I hope our young team can benefit from the experience. 

Archived