Who would you save?

Would you save your loved ones?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, throbber said:

A rare trait among posters on P&B

I would jump in if you were getting a kicking too.

I would also jump in for Shandon Par who would definitely be a target for physical abuse off of the fashion police. 

That's very kind of you throbber. I would also wade in to save you from any militant cooking or plate Nazis that tried to rough you up. 

23 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Surely it's a case of getting someone out of a situation, no need to go in flinging punches and taking boots to the head? It's possible to help out without brawling with a group of guys by yourself.

This. Stopped stuff getting any worse many times without hitting anyone, including strangers getting attacked. Haven't punched anyone since school and I wasn't that good at it then. Bit of front before your legs start quaking and you can stop lots of bad things happening. Anyway, would you get stuck in if your Dad got attacked by a tiger?

Wasn't a doing as such, as was highlighted in the original thread, he was decked. It was his friend that got a proper doing. The eyewitnesses on here know this well. The individual who got a proper doing got one outside of the club bar, my dad was decked outside of Dundee train station. After that however, he wasn't involved as some on here seem to think. Classic PnB though. :lol:

Still, standing back and watching your old man getting decked is pretty awful.

Old Man Danger having a go at others for saying they would never dream of it, but I have to say I don't think any of my friends would even consider doing the same, even if it meant a fucking hiding, or worse.

I recall an incident at high school when two fourth year lassies started on one another coming out of the school gate at lunchtime.

I didn't know either of them and was curious as I and the others watching had never seen girls fighting before.

The hair tugging and the occasional slap escalated from the gates to the main road where a crowd of about 100 gathered eventually stopping traffic.

Things took a weird turn when a blazer got ripped off, then a jumper, skirts were torn and a blouse lost a sleeve, it was hypnotic watching this bizarre bout of pugilism as collectively all the red blooded males were thinking the same thing, 'at this rate they'll be fucking naked in a minute'

Alas word had got back and what seemed like a good 15 minute cat fight was ended by the intervention of half a dozen teachers.

You'd only need to jam your thumb up the tiger's butthole. Problem solved.

Would have made for an interesting spectacle if SD had tried it with his dad's assailants, right enough.

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I recall an incident at high school when two fourth year lassies started on one another coming out of the school gate at lunchtime.

I didn't know either of them and was curious as I and the others watching had never seen girls fighting before.

The hair tugging and the occasional slap escalated from the gates to the main road where a crowd of about 100 gathered eventually stopping traffic.

Things took a weird turn when a blazer got ripped off, then a jumper, skirts were torn and a blouse lost a sleeve, it was hypnotic watching this bizarre bout of pugilism as collectively all the red blooded males were thinking the same thing, 'at this rate they'll be fucking naked in a minute'

Alas word had got back and what seemed like a good 15 minute cat fight was ended by the intervention of half a dozen teachers.

Girls were the most vicious fighters at school. Pulled-out hair, gouged eyes, biting, spitting...the boys were tame by comparison, swinging a few fists and touching each other up in passionate clinches. Very few scraps between the boys required trips to the hospital.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Zen was willing those brawling 4th years to follow this course of action.

I'm assuming he added that detail when he wrote in to Penthouse Forum.

14 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

In that situation, I'd definitely step in (to help the attackers beat up my dad). I love the guy, but it would be almost suicidal to back the wrong horse.

To be fair I'd probably batter my own dad if he'd taken me on holiday to Strathclyde when I was wee too. 

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Agreed. Also, I'd probably batter my dad if I found out that he'd met my mum on an internet forum.

I met your mum on an Internet forum but it was quite recently so I can't be your dad.  Not sure where that leaves me tbh.

I met your mum on an Internet forum but it was quite recently so I can't be your dad.  Not sure where that leaves me tbh.

Probably leaves you as a dirty, old, gin soaked, internet hard man, but we all knew that anyway.
As you were. Nothing to see here.

Lots of people seem to have a high level of violence in their lives, certainly higher than I do.

I've never been in a fight in a pub or street in my entire adult life.  Am I abnormal?

Yes.

Archived