Who would you save?

Would you save your loved ones?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I took a severe kicking off several bouncers years back, as they were laying in to my mate knocking f**k out of him. The only positive out of the situation, was that I managers to land a peach of a size 8 clean into one of their coupons before I was beaten senseless also. So yes, I have and would take a kicking to help out a family member or friend.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Lots of people seem to have a high level of violence in their lives, certainly higher than I do.

I've never been in a fight in a pub or street in my entire adult life.  Am I abnormal?

No. I've been involved in 1 fight in my life, and that was when I was at school.

I was in that situation. Band I played with at the time had a run in with another band and their fans, my dad got involved, didn't think twice about jumping in to be honest. Can't understand how someone could stand back and watch someone they love take a kicking. Do they teach you that in psychology class weeps ? Or do you just not love your dad ? Might explain it actually.

The voting's been set to private, but at present there's only one 'No'. Please tell me it was you. That'd be excellent on your part :lol:

Surely the maker of the poll can see who's voted? :lol:

A guy went for my mate before but didn't quite manage it as I hauled him back and no harm was done as he was thrown to the ground.

I'd be useless in a fight however I would step in. I'm not worried about getting hurt, I'd obviously rather not nor would I go looking for a fight.

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I was in that situation. Band I played with at the time had a run in with another band and their fans, my dad got involved, didn't think twice about jumping in to be honest. Can't understand how someone could stand back and watch someone they love take a kicking. Do they teach you that in psychology class weeps ? Or do you just not love your dad ? Might explain it actually.

Probably falls under Oedipus complex tbh.

Would you step in to stop a complete stranger getting beaten up?

Depends on the circumstances I suppose. I think I'd probably do something if it was someone punching his girlfriend but if t was two or more guys fighting is generally steer clear. I've never been in the former position - I was in a nightclub once and saw someone punch his girlfriend but the bouncers were in him.

ETA - I suppose that's a little bit arrogant, that I'm going to 'save' some damsel from her horrible man.  I think I'd at least say something though.

Would you step in to stop a complete stranger getting beaten up?

Depends on the circumstances I suppose. I think I'd probably do something if it was someone punching his girlfriend but if t was two or more guys fighting is generally steer clear. I've never been in the former position - I was in a nightclub once and saw someone punch his girlfriend but the bouncers were in him.

f**k that shit man. Been there before, stepping in to try save a women getting beaten up from her man......she ends up starting on you for having a go at her bf!

Leave the daft cow to it!

If it's two guys fighting I usually act quite immaturely and do the old playground 'fight nah, nah,nah'.

After an engagement party about April this year I saw a bodybuilder pick on a boy and get put on his arse by the underdog. I started clapping my hands and shouting in a high pitched voice 'Hercules! Hercules!'. It went down a storm and I never had to buy another drink that night*. 

*It was chucking out time. 

If someone is receiving a kicking off a few people then they have probably done something to deserve it.

Bullshit. My best mate was waiting for a bus in a bus shelter on Lothian road and got attacked by the " young team" he can't recall the attack but CCTV showed 9 on 1, no provocation, indeed no interaction before the attack.
Btw my mate used to be a semi-pro boxer and was blind sided and no chance of beating 9 guys.

53 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What kind of band gets in fights with another band?

Was it an Orange Flute Band?

Archived