The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

Well done to Camby and Larkhall - commiserations to St Rochs.
Its no surprise that some of the St Rochs players were more interested in winding up the fans than playing the game...maybe they'll learn from this. 

Cheers mate

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, SaturdaySammy said:

There's no point in looking for sympathy because the way some of your players conduct themselves no one is going to give you any.  Players shouldnt get invovled with fans at all, tthey should just stick to playing the game and concentrate on that. 

Sympathy?...do me a favour, pal. We don't look nor want sympathy from nobody. 'f**k em all' is my motto.

Double standards are rife again though. No mention of the Larkhall no.11 who spent the 1st half trying to wind the Candy fans up. He wasn't wearing a green strip though so it doesn't really count, eh.

This topic sound so much like Celtic and Rangers on all the radio phone ins I used to listen to,   he said, they said, the whole world against us, conspiracy theories.

The truth is the game last Saturday was never going to be a shining example for junior football no matter what happened.  Unfortunately there is a small element who follow St.Rochs who seem hell bent on causing bother either inside or outside the ground.   The idiots who came to watch the game and allegedly support Larkhall only came to cause bother and have probably never been to a game all season but sniffed out a chance to shout sectarian vile onto the park.

I am sure neither club would condone the behaviour of these supporters but unfortunately this is the times we live in, in my years in the juniors thankfully this is very rare.

We had the Roch at the Albert two seasons ago in the last game of the season, a game in which they had to win to be promoted and their support that day made it a really good atmosphere with no sectarian songs and it added to which was really good game.

Keep the Rangers and Celtic crap out of the juniors we don't need it and its not welcome unfortunately this issue takes away from all the good work that the Roch are doing in there community which nobody mentions .

Mr Albert, whilst I do see lots in your post that I agree with...I think to dismiss these incidents as a "Celtic and Rangers" thing is nonsense. Football, like everything else, is a part of society and unfortunately society has its ills.

You can't suggest that racist remarks (which I have heard on 4 different occasions from 4 different clubs) is Celtic or Rangers crap.

An due to our, in my opinion, proud heritage, we will always be viewed with suspicious if not derision. People will have to get over that, until they do...unfortunately this will continue at times.

I have intentionally stayed out of all this carry on but it seems that it has been turned full circle and that St Rochs are to blame for everything that happened at Larkhall. From the outset at Larkhall there was a full song list of unsavoury song , remarks and then there was the racist incident. I did hear retaliatory songs from St Rochs but they were cut short every time through self policing. I am in no way saying St Rochs are squeaky clean but the songs they sing are normally about StRochs and the "Candy" as for the players, they were goaded and called ******nb*****ds and peados, I'm all for giving players the banter and winding them up as it's part of junior football but that is not acceptable in any shape or form and that is from any teams supporters. Like Scott MCCorry says, big B has been subject to racial abuse on at least 4 occasions this year and for me that is 4 too many. Every team has there history and everyone knows what every teams history is, but let's do one thing, let's keep it as history, let's not let its dirty head rear from time to time. Players react to things and it's silly to say or think otherwise as many a game there has been a continual stream of banter between a player and fans, I think sometimes both relish it and as I say it's part of junior football but when it starts to become vile hatred, abuse and racism then it is not on. Instead of having a go at venting anger and hatred on here should we not be using our anger as a motivation to go back to our clubs and doing something to stamp it out ?

F**k 'Em All!! 
F**k 'Em All!!
The bigots,  racists,  Larkhall.. 
Cause we are the St. Rochs and we are the best
We are the Candy so f**k all the rest!!! 

Take a bow bawbag take a bowwwwww.

You n your ma sit together n make that song up. Banger

On 16 May 2017 at 09:09, Hampden85 said:

CAANNNDDDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

CAANNNDDDYYYYYYYYYYY!!! 

Looking forward to t'moro night.  Been a few year since i've been to Yokers ground.  Will bring back good memories. 

Wonder if we'll see wee Aiden back between the sticks after good performances in the last 2 rounds or will the gaffer go with the experience of big Starkie.  Think Aiden deserves another shot,  just to be fair. 

A shout out for young Aiden and his parents who come along to the games. Good on them.

On 16 May 2017 at 13:57, dreggin said:

So the Rangers manager is a Portuguese Celtic fan?

6/10

Give it 4 years and keep posting about the Candy and it will be 10/10 for you.

See you at Yoker tomorrow night.

Anyway, Yoker.
I think they are still involved with a relegation fight, but no game at the weekend for them should see their strongest team.

I freely admit I know nothing about them, so all new for me...my mate at Blantyre said they vastly improved from their 0-0 first game..handy up top.

Since we have nothing to play for, it'll be interesting to see who starts.
The wee twinges now might be enough to keep some guys out...but a semi at stake, surely not.

I would like to see Shiels start again, an defo have Aedan in nets. Starky has done outstanding again for us, but the lad deserves his tournament.

Let's hope we get the support as well...no pressure now.

18 minutes ago, ScottMcCorry said:

Anyway, Yoker.
I think they are still involved with a relegation fight, but no game at the weekend for them should see their strongest team.

I freely admit I know nothing about them, so all new for me...my mate at Blantyre said they vastly improved from their 0-0 first game..handy up top.

Since we have nothing to play for, it'll be interesting to see who starts.
The wee twinges now might be enough to keep some guys out...but a semi at stake, surely not.

I would like to see Shiels start again, an defo have Aedan in nets. Starky has done outstanding again for us, but the lad deserves his tournament.

Let's hope we get the support as well...no pressure now.

Yeah Saturday is gone now .would like to see young Aidan start again ,played brilliant last 2 cup ties but feel big starky will get the nod since promotion is gone .like you say no pressure I'm sure they'll be a decent candy following again to cheer the lads on .

Yeah Saturday is gone now .would like to see young Aidan start again ,played brilliant last 2 cup ties but feel big starky will get the nod since promotion is gone .like you say no pressure I'm sure they'll be a decent candy following again to cheer the lads on .

I think Aiden may still be carrying an injury from the Glencairn game

Archived