The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

3 minutes ago, quietmaybe said:

Palestinian flag and Irish  flag at junior football and no one thinks that is strange in a SCOTISH junior football match and not one saltire..???????

Quite a few folk appear to think it's strange. You've not read the thread very closely. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, quietmaybe said:

just dont see any proper answer

I doubt you'll see one any time soon on here tbh!

In summary, some folk see flags and and their related politics or religious connotations as an expression of a shared identity and others think it's inappropriate at the football, while others find those political / religious beliefs objectionable in to some degree. Every shade of shite on the spectrum between both extremes is represented at some point. 

It's the sort of polarised, entrenched debate where no side is likely to win any converts, and continuing the waffle is more likely than not to add to the antagonism the next time.

5 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I doubt you'll see one any time soon on here tbh!

In summary, some folk see flags and and their related politics or religious connotations as an expression of a shared identity and others think it's inappropriate at the football, while others find those political / religious beliefs objectionable in to some degree. Every shade of shite on the spectrum between both extremes is represented at some point. 

It's the sort of polarised, entrenched debate where no side is likely to win any converts, and continuing the waffle is more likely than not to add to the antagonism the next time.

so in laymans terms they know and we know but no one will say lol

Might be an idea to support your own team when they have a game on.
Like yesterday.
Of maybe you have a few wee issues yourself.
See NilbyMouth website.

Surely I can go to which ever game I want? Who are you to tell me what to do? Anyway, I'm not going to sit here and explain my decision to anyone, I never said anything out of order about either club and gave my honest opinion on the match.

Anyway, why are you so concerned about which games I go to?

Why Junior clubs fans in occasions having UJ,s and Irish flag Take the Rochs for example player with 67 number on shirt, Irish flags why?

Why not?, strong heritage and link either the Irish community in the Gargad, links to Celtic via Jimmy McGrory. How's that any different to the dozen or so junior clubs with Rangers in their name?

On 14 May 2017 at 18:59, GLESGABOY said:

Your apparent "neutral reaction" to the union jacks is your choice and you`re using your own reaction to this particular flag as justification for your viewpoint in relation to the tricolour being displayed. For the avoidance of any doubt neither flag has any place within any junior clubs ground.Likewise political propaganda etc... The earlier comment about the demographic of the local population is another poor attempt at justifying the tricolour being on display. Every piece of good work St Rochs do within the community off the field is completely overshadowed by pandering to a  minority who continually try and associate themselves/their club with the darker side of the West Of Scotland plague that blights the game. For what it`s worth any player who asks to wear the number 67 needs horsed right back out the door.Before you ask why is the number 67 offensive, on it`s own it`s not offensive but it`s the connotation that comes with it. By pandering to requests like this the club leave themselves open to criticism....

You serious? comrade.

On 14 May 2017 at 22:20, kilbowie2002 said:

I remain convinced that sectarian Old firm fans, Trump supporters and brexit voters are the reason we've not had contact from sentient life from other planets.

Shafts East Stirling and then blames everybody else decades later when Karma kicks in.

Nice one.

On 14 May 2017 at 22:13, IrvineVicsMan said:

Surely I can go to which ever game I want? Who are you to tell me what to do? Anyway, I'm not going to sit here and explain my decision to anyone, I never said anything out of order about either club and gave my honest opinion on the match.

Anyway, why are you so concerned about which games I go to?

hee hee

On 15 May 2017 at 03:41, kilbowie2002 said:

Im sorry i've absolutely no idea what you're dribbling about, try using your fingers on the keyboard instead of bashing your fists on it hitting random letters.

Why exactly are you on the Candy thread?

Where you at the Larkhall game?

I'll take that as a naw.

Now run along and find out why the SJFA is run at the top of the tree by an old bigot.

30 minutes ago, Hampden85 said:

FFS...lolol pissin masel laughing here...

What connotation comes with the number 67?

Seems to me the Roch are just a bit to 'f e n i a n' for your liking. Maybe you can point me to the threads were you denounce teams with the 'rangers' in their name.

Why does the name rangers need denounced? 

Can you boys up there just not control yourselves when you hear the word rangers :lol:

15 minutes ago, muller said:

Why does the name rangers need denounced? 

Can you boys up there just not control yourselves when you hear the word rangers :lol:

Hey, come on now, its bot just Candy fans...most of scotland cant control their laughter when they hear the word Rangers ffs

10 minutes ago, Hampden85 said:

Hey, come on now, its bot just Candy fans...most of scotland cant control their laughter when they hear the word Rangers ffs

Make your mind up, you either want the term 'denounced' or are happy to plod on and laugh at them. 

10 minutes ago, muller said:

Make your mind up, you either want the term 'denounced' or are happy to plod on and laugh at them. 

You need to learn to read. I never asked him to denounce them, i asked him to show me where he has.

Too early in the mornin' for ye?

Archived