The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

Really...????

In all my years I've he er seen or heard anyone complain when the flag of the union or Scotland is flown.

Fly an Irish tricolour and the voices pipe up.

It's pretty clear that there are people on here who have a problem with said flag. Fu k them. Bigots won't dictate to us.

All the sectarianism and bigotry has followed you're club for years now. Nobody else but you're wee team.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hampden85 said:

So we have people on here who are offended by the flag of a nation.

As i 've said previously, it's you who has the problem. We don't pander to the bigots who would love to strip the club of part of its identity to satisfy the bigots.

3 minutes ago, Hampden85 said:

You not got Klan or white pride meeting the night?

Your clear lack of historical accuracy is now being matched by your clear levels of utter stupidity......................

So we have people on here who are offended by the flag of a nation.
As i 've said previously, it's you who has the problem. We don't pander to the bigots who would love to strip the club of part of its identity to satisfy the bigots.

You moron nobody is trying to strip you of anything. You can celebrate do whatever else you want just keep it away from junior football.

Why you pretending to be protestant?
You said you were protestant so you follow St Rochs and protestant and calling others linked to your own faith as bigots aye Ok.

As i said don't treat junior fans as idiots as the vast majority are anything but more the opposite!

1 minute ago, rednblack said:

You moron nobody is trying to strip you of anything. You can celebrate do whatever else you want just keep it away from junior football.

Why you pretending to be protestant?
You said you were protestant so you follow St Rochs and protestant and calling others linked to your own faith as bigots aye Ok.

As i said don't treat junior fans as idiots as the vast majority are anything but more the opposite!

I'm not really any religion now, it means nothing to me, though was bought up CoS. Used to even get sent to b.b by my old granny. Anyone who sings we hate roman catholics is a bigot. Are you saying they're not?

Doyou believe that to follow st Roch's you have to be a catholic?

I'm going for a pint I can't take anymore. Some people have been on here since 8 o'clock this morning playing accusation tennis. Ffs we all need to get a life  

Hope my grammar is ok as I wouldn't liked to be called out. 

Just now, Viewparker said:

I'm going for a pint I can't take anymore. Some people have been on here since 8 o'clock this morning playing accusation tennis. Ffs we all need to get a life  

Hope my grammar is ok as I wouldn't liked to be called out. 

Does your grammar fly a tricolour though?

You've got to love intelligent and witty debate.... just waiting for some..[emoji106]

Outside the melting pot that I have moved back into here in the west, the world genuinely does seem quite different I can tell you. A few years ago a group of my fellow fans clubbed together and raised £100 (a lot of cash for the starving Hoosians) and designed and bought a Fauldhouse United flag. We hung it up at home games and EVERYWHERE we were went. It gave the lads who were travelling somewhere to meet and also showed the players they were not battling alone. It gives you a sense of pride, a sense of belonging and is a great way to show your support. It often broke the ice and instigated conversations with opposition fans. We never had one bad comment... ever... well not about the flag anyway.

Ours was a purely Fauldhouse United flag with no other possible connotation. Some through here in the west have connotations.. sad but true, unintended or not.

My daughter once told me that something only upsets you if you let it. There was no subversive agenda promoting Fauldhouse as a Free State or as part of the West Lothian Union, nor provocatively showcasing Devon's finest Tonic Wine nor a call to sample the Jamaican Woodbines often being passed around. It didn't tempt me and I stood under it for 2 years home and away....

On a serious note we did encounter a protest one day from a leftie student who claimed it looked like an Albanian flag and was I trying to belittle the plight of the oppressed? One of the lads replied with "is that Albanian Green yuv goat for sale son?" I rest my case.

A flag's a flag for aw that...

If it has a bill, webbed feet and quacks and looks like a Duck the chances are it is a Duck. Whether you think it is a chicken or not is immaterial as some folk will still think it is a Duck and call you a Ducker.

PS Ducks can be any colour.. fur duck's sake...

IMG_1494789505.192065.jpgIMG_1494789514.354767.jpg

13 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

You've got to love intelligent and witty debate.... just waiting for some..emoji106.png

Outside the melting pot that I have moved back into here in the west, the world genuinely does seem quite different I can tell you. A few years ago a group of my fellow fans clubbed together and raised £100 (a lot of cash for the starving Hoosians) and designed and bought a Fauldhouse United flag. We hung it up at home games and EVERYWHERE we were went. It gave the lads who were travelling somewhere to meet and also showed the players they were not battling alone. It gives you a sense of pride, a sense of belonging and is a great way to show your support. It often broke the ice and instigated conversations with opposition fans. We never had one bad comment... ever... well not about the flag anyway.

Ours was a purely Fauldhouse United flag with no other possible connotation. Some through here in the west have connotations.. sad but true, unintended or not.

My daughter once told me that something only upsets you if you let it. There was no subversive agenda promoting Fauldhouse as a Free State or as part of the West Lothian Union, nor provocatively showcasing Devon's finest Tonic Wine nor a call to sample the Jamaican Woodbines often being passed around. It didn't tempt me and I stood under it for 2 years home and away....

On a serious note we did encounter a protest one day from a leftie student who claimed it looked like an Albanian flag and was I trying to belittle the plight of the oppressed? One of the lads replied with "is that Albanian Green yuv goat for sale son?" I rest my case.

A flag's a flag for aw that...

If it has a bill, webbed feet and quacks and looks like a Duck the chances are it is a Duck. Whether you think it is a chicken or not is immaterial as some folk will still think it is a Duck and call you a Ducker.

PS Ducks can be any colour.. fur duck's sake...

IMG_1494789505.192065.jpgIMG_1494789514.354767.jpg

Take it wiznae you who dicided on the wording for the flag ???? No enough words. Haha. 

A know a few at our club with 'Irish decent' but nobody would ever in a million years bring tricolour or Ulster flag to our games it would be a flag to represent our club as what it is all inclusive that's what junior football is all about or should be. I'm a Catholic and Celtic supporter and you guys are no doing yourself any favours don't treat people like idiots .
You could of had a St Rochs flag with mon the candy or nothing at all on it other than the badge your being twisted so stop trying to take the piss and casually labeling people this or that on a junior football forum.

Brian was a Celtic fan too [emoji848]

Archived