The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

3 minutes ago, dreggin said:

Why Junior clubs fans in occasions having UJ,s and Irish flag Take the Rochs for example player with 67 number on shirt, Irish flags why?

The local community has a large population of people from irish descent. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've got a bigoted comment on a flag and trying to use it to say you're not a bigot?Shaking ma heid here.Good luck next season mind,your team have been unlucky and if I make the Beltane I'd like to meet up wi you for a friendly bovril.

I will be in my usual spot at the wee shed so feel free to say hello

2 minutes ago, Hampden85 said:

Take most Ayrshire towns with bigger teams only a couple of times of UJ at big ties and usually brought with big time supporters not the people who go to every game

1 minute ago, dreggin said:

Take most Ayrshire towns with bigger teams only a couple of times of UJ at big ties and usually brought with big time supporters not the people who go to every game

I don't quiete get your point. What do you find offensive about the Irish flag?

1 minute ago, griffiti on the wall said:

The real question is why do you find a flag and the number 67 so offensive

I am asking why not why offensive, I do believe that apart from the teams flags only should be brought to games

If for example a team from pollokshaws was created by the local Pakistani community brought along the Pakistan flag would you also find that offensive or is it just a tricolour that offends you
I was not offended by union jacks in the home end yesterday that's there choice if they want to bring them or not

A know a few at our club with 'Irish decent' but nobody would ever in a million years bring tricolour or Ulster flag to our games it would be a flag to represent our club as what it is all inclusive that's what junior football is all about or should be.

I'm a Catholic and Celtic supporter and you guys are no doing yourself any favours don't treat people like idiots .

You could of had a St Rochs flag with mon the candy or nothing at all on it other than the badge your being twisted so stop trying to take the piss and casually labeling people this or that on a junior football forum.

If for example a team from pollokshaws was created by the local Pakistani community brought along the Pakistan flag would you also find that offensive or is it just a tricolour that offends you
I was not offended by union jacks in the home end yesterday that's there choice if they want to bring them or not

I don't find any national flag offensive if you knew me and my politics you would understand but I believe take flags apart from the teams to games

1 minute ago, rednblack said:

A know a few at our club with 'Irish decent' but nobody would ever in a million years bring tricolour or Ulster flag to our games it would be a flag to represent our club as what it is all inclusive that's what junior football is all about or should be.
I'm a Catholic but you guys are no doing yourself any favours don't treat like idiots.
You could of had a St Rochs flag with Mon the candy or nothing at all on it so stop trying to take the piss and casually labeling people this or that on a junior football forum.

Ive never taken a flag to the fitbawin my puff mate. Im also a protestant, not a catholic

If someone has a problem eith the flag pf a country, then its exactly that, THEIR PROBLEM. 

It says more about their intolerance than anything else.

Ive never taken a flag to the fitbawin my puff mate. Im also a protestant, not a catholic

If someone has a problem eith the flag pf a country, then its exactly that, THEIR PROBLEM. 

It says more about their intolerance than anything else.

Nothing to do with having a problem with a flag of a country. The point is it has no place in junior football .Many many other ways to show your love for a religion or cause no need to bring it or the topic to junior football.

Your apparent "neutral reaction" to the union jacks is your choice and you`re using your own reaction to this particular flag as justification for your viewpoint in relation to the tricolour being displayed. For the avoidance of any doubt neither flag has any place within any junior clubs ground.Likewise political propaganda etc... The earlier comment about the demographic of the local population is another poor attempt at justifying the tricolour being on display. Every piece of good work St Rochs do within the community off the field is completely overshadowed by pandering to a  minority who continually try and associate themselves/their club with the darker side of the West Of Scotland plague that blights the game. For what it`s worth any player who asks to wear the number 67 needs horsed right back out the door.Before you ask why is the number 67 offensive, on it`s own it`s not offensive but it`s the connotation that comes with it. By pandering to requests like this the club leave themselves open to criticism....

I don't find any national flag offensive if you knew me and my politics you would understand but I believe take flags apart from the teams to games

Fair enough m8 I accept your point but it's more to do with the fact that folk make up what stuff on them means rather than asking what it means
My m8 has a flag which says sometimes anti social always anti establishment which to so could mean a whole host of things but the reality it's a flag in protest at the way the sjfa have conducted there business against the club this season .
I think you were right earlier when you said a lot of the problems are caused by the big game day trippers as the guys who travel week in week out are simply there watch the game and have a catch up with there m8s

My next flag will be a saltire with a st rochs badge with the writting send em homeward tae think again so going by the theory on here that flag will be deemed offensive and anti English Away and have a word with yourself red and black  

Again no place for a saltire with that kind of writing on it at a junior game. It's not rocket science a flag with club name and colours with a little Mon the such and such something simple and to the point no trying to be a smart arse like you are trying to be. You can tell people to have a word with themselves till your blue or green in the face but people of all persuasions can see through it.

Ffs my work mate who goes to watch the candy when celtic aren't playing told me exactly why this term is used he openly Brags about it for crying out loud.

I'm a Celtic man but i cringe at some of the St Rochs patter online as if they are the only ones in the word against certain issues in the world well you aren't most of us are most of junior football are but most of us don't like to drag it into the junior football world. One of the best things about junior football is you can go along and get away from all the political and religious crap we are bombarded with in everyday life.

I don't think either the union jack or the tricolour have a place in junior fitba. Surprised nobody has mentioned the numpty who tied the Irish flag to the thistle's goal posts at full time. 

As I said previously, idiots on both sides. 

Your apparent "neutral reaction" to the union jacks is your choice and you`re using your own reaction to this particular flag as justification for your viewpoint in relation to the tricolour being displayed. For the avoidance of any doubt neither flag has any place within any junior clubs ground.Likewise political propaganda etc... The earlier comment about the demographic of the local population is another poor attempt at justifying the tricolour being on display. Every piece of good work St Rochs do within the community off the field is completely overshadowed by pandering to a  minority who continually try and associate themselves/their club with the darker side of the West Of Scotland plague that blights the game. For what it`s worth any player who asks to wear the number 67 needs horsed right back out the door.Before you ask why is the number 67 offensive, on it`s own it`s not offensive but it`s the connotation that comes with it. By pandering to requests like this the club leave themselves open to criticism....

I don't get your point at all this club was founded to create sport and recreation for the local Irish immigrant community who arrived in the garngad in the late 1800s early 1900s so why should the fans not pay homage to the fact that the club was created for there ancestors ( of course the tricolour was not in use then but I'm sure you would say the same about the harp so that's irrelevant )
Why can't folk just accept each other for being different coming from different cultures and find common ground in our love for football that would be my argument not a bloody flag

Archived