The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

That's the point I was getting at mate! If the current proposals stand and their is no relegation from the super league does that not undermine the competitiveness of the leagues next year? For me it does sadly! Oh and well done on the promotion mate from all at Wishaw [emoji106]????

Cheers mate

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This forum has got a bit Jeremy Kyle in the last few days. Doing something illegal in retaliation to someone doing something illegal just makes the two sides guilty of something illegal. "but Jer Am Mae, eee sent me a text on't face boo k sayin ahz slep wiv uz muthir"... DOH.. listen to yourselves.... You can shout and slag off opposition (and don't forget the refs.. not sure that the SpecSavers flag is THAT provocative though??) but when it is based on religion or race then that type of behaviour is from another time and goes against human decency. Society has wised up to the Bernard Manning guide to junior football... well it has mostly.. and every argument I have seen over the last 6 years in junior football has been a football incident and fan patter related. I never heard a sectarian chant ever till Saturday. I am no expert on sectarianism nor will I claim to hold the high ground over what should be offensive and what shouldn't. I did however pull up some bloke at JMcG when we played Kilwinning who was spouting racist pish. The Kilwinning lads around me told him to "shut the f**k up ya stupid cnt" and some apologised to me for the incident. I have a belief that the average fan is ok and knows right from wrong and how to behave. Some don't and with our club and lots of others, there are some that go over the top and way way way beyond the line. I don't mind having a battle of words but it was like being in an old skool Celtic Rangers environment from years ago on Saturday.

I spoke to my old man today about it all and if wisdom sometimes comes from the mouths of babes I suppose if you add 75 years to that some sense will come out. He wasn't impressed on Saturday by some of the behaviour. I can understand emotions getting the better of you but anyone who was there and is honest knows that this wasn't a slip of the tongue or a verbal insult spat out in a moment of anger. It was shite and the right minded people will know that. The ones that don't are kidding themselves but they ain't kidding me.
Do you get grades of worseness or is it all unnecessary and a demonstration and verbalisation of all that is wrong with this Celtic Rangers Catholic Protestant nonsense?? Of course there must be but we know where the lines are in 2017 and sadly for us all, there are some that couldn't give a flying fk and will probably think I am wrong for denouncing it. My dad said if adults are doing it then the kids will follow and so grows the problem. When will it ever end? Sometime soon hopefully. You may say I'm a dreamer... but I know I'm not the only one...

I'll be glad to get back to the football on a Wednesday when we visit
Yoker. I played there for the Roch in a non event of a game nearly 25 years ago. One of our lads got injured and the "Physio" ran on (Joe somebody who doubled as a coach) and he sprayed Deep Heat on his groin burning his bollox.. the lad howled and shouted "it's ma fkn ankle ya p***k" not everything back in the day was bad....

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji460]️

This forum has got a bit Jeremy Kyle in the last few days. Doing something illegal in retaliation to someone doing something illegal just makes the two sides guilty of something illegal. "but Jer Am Mae, eee sent me a text on't face boo k sayin ahz slep wiv uz muthir"... DOH.. listen to yourselves.... You can shout and slag off opposition (and don't forget the refs.. not sure that the SpecSavers flag is THAT provocative though??) but when it is based on religion or race then that type of behaviour is from another time and goes against human decency. Society has wised up to the Bernard Manning guide to junior football... well it has mostly.. and every argument I have seen over the last 6 years in junior football has been a football incident and fan patter related. I never heard a sectarian chant ever till Saturday. I am no expert on sectarianism nor will I claim to hold the high ground over what should be offensive and what shouldn't. I did however pull up some bloke at JMcG when we played Kilwinning who was spouting racist pish. The Kilwinning lads around me told him to "shut the f**k up ya stupid cnt" and some apologised to me for the incident. I have a belief that the average fan is ok and knows right from wrong and how to behave. Some don't and with our club and lots of others, there are some that go over the top and way way way beyond the line. I don't mind having a battle of words but it was like being in an old skool Celtic Rangers environment from years ago on Saturday.

I spoke to my old man today about it all and if wisdom sometimes comes from the mouths of babes I suppose if you add 75 years to that some sense will come out. He wasn't impressed on Saturday by some of the behaviour. I can understand emotions getting the better of you but anyone who was there and is honest knows that this wasn't a slip of the tongue or a verbal insult spat out in a moment of anger. It was shite and the right minded people will know that. The ones that don't are kidding themselves but they ain't kidding me.
Do you get grades of worseness or is it all unnecessary and a demonstration and verbalisation of all that is wrong with this Celtic Rangers Catholic Protestant nonsense?? Of course there must be but we know where the lines are in 2017 and sadly for us all, there are some that couldn't give a flying fk and will probably think I am wrong for denouncing it. My dad said if adults are doing it then the kids will follow and so grows the problem. When will it ever end? Sometime soon hopefully. You may say I'm a dreamer... but I know I'm not the only one...

Yoker. I played there for the Roch in a non event of a game nearly 25 years ago. One of our lads got injured and the "Physio" ran on (Joe somebody who doubled as a coach) and he sprayed Deep Heat on his groin burning his bollox.. the lad howled and shouted "it's ma fkn ankle ya p***k" not everything back in the day was bad....

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji460]️

Well said Kinky, I have no time for intolerance of any kind, everyone gets treated the same in my book. Let's get the Candy shop back to talking football and let's argue, agree or agree to disagree about football. This is in no way sweeping anything under the carpet but we as clubs must keep chipping away at the intolerance, sectarianism and stamp out ALL racism. We must self police our supports and make them realise that there will be a ZERO TOLERANCE approach on the terracing. On to Wednesday and a wee trip to the banks o the Clyde at Holm park. The boys have been strong and hung together through the disappointing result and we will be back loud and proud to look for a semi final spot.

45 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

Mon the Candy!
MTC!emoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji460.png

'I never heard a sectarian chant ever till Saturday!'

IMG_1426.GIF.400cd5142f9671344ab9ada20f970f02.gif

On 15 May 2017 at 18:48, king Henrik7 said:

You going to do something at Yoker like? Punch your head off your shoulders n shag your burd right in front of you ya w**k. I did not see the guy do the gestures. Just cause your team got pumped the first thing your fans want to talk about is 1 person. Fucking cock

Barking.

'I never heard a sectarian chant ever till Saturday!'

IMG_1426.GIF.400cd5142f9671344ab9ada20f970f02.gif.9db97e37b17ad1b7ea61672cc5c01f3e.gif

I do write a lot and I love it when one line gets pulled out on it's own!! [emoji23] I meant at junior football.... if I hadn't heard them before then I wouldn't have known what it was... I think...

Are you familiar with (or been subjected to) plenty of sectarian chants following Camby?? This is my first year in the west leagues bar a half season foray in the early 90's. I think it seems worse now (or maybe because I haven't been exposed to it for years) but just because it happens that doesn't mean it is acceptable or should be treated as normal or just part of life here. People have been shrugging their shoulders at this for years. It used to be accepted as the norm but surely we don't condone it?? I left Glasgow when I was 16 and it has genuinely shocked me since I have moved back.

It may be strange to some through here but there IS another world and another way where this type of shite isn't the norm.

On 15 May 2017 at 15:29, Jason King said:

My word Glenconner has had a right meltdown over the past couple of days.

On 15 May 2017 at 18:48, king Henrik7 said:

You going to do something at Yoker like? Punch your head off your shoulders n shag your burd right in front of you ya w**k. I did not see the guy do the gestures. Just cause your team got pumped the first thing your fans want to talk about is 1 person. Fucking cock

Support Junior football, come to Yoker tomorrow night.

7 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

I do write a lot and I love it when one line gets pulled out on it's own!! emoji23.png I meant at junior football.... if I hadn't heard them before then I wouldn't have known what it was... I think...

Are you familiar with (or been subjected to) plenty of sectarian chants following Camby?? This is my first year in the west leagues bar a half season foray in the early 90's. I think it seems worse now (or maybe because I haven't been exposed to it for years) but just because it happens that doesn't mean it is acceptable or should be treated as normal or just part of life here. People have been shrugging their shoulders at this for years. It used to be accepted as the norm but surely we don't condone it?? I left Glasgow when I was 16 and it has genuinely shocked me since I have moved back.

It may be strange to some through here but there IS another world and another way where this type of shite isn't the norm.

In answer to your question , 'am I familiar with , or been subject to sectarian chants following Cambuslang? The answer is yes , of course I have. 

Only once this season though,

I'll give you 3 guess's where this happened .................

Btw, i'll be in the Station Bar in Yoker from 5 pm on Wednesday if any would be martyrs wish to join me and discuss the merits of 17th century European geo politics and it's effects on 21st century Scottish Junior football (West Region).

On 16 May 2017 at 06:41, blue manalishi said:

In answer to your question , 'am I familiar with , or been subject to sectarian chants following Cambuslang? The answer is yes , of course I have. 

Tabernacle Lane???

I do write a lot and I love it when one line gets pulled out on it's own!! [emoji23] I meant at junior football.... if I hadn't heard them before then I wouldn't have known what it was... I think...

Never in a million years is it worse now, it may seem as though it is because you are following St Rochs if you embrace and thrive off the back of the Celtic connection then that's always going to happen. That's the reality of the situation.

Edit I'm of a green and white persuasion. Just for the record.

16 minutes ago, SaturdaySammy said:

Well done to Camby and Larkhall - commiserations to St Rochs.

Its no surprise that some of the St Rochs players were more interested in winding up the fans than playing the game...maybe they'll learn from this. 

The abuse the Roch players took during the game by same said fans isn't worth mentioning though lol

CAANNNDDDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

CAANNNDDDYYYYYYYYYYY!!! 

Looking forward to t'moro night.  Been a few year since i've been to Yokers ground.  Will bring back good memories. 

Wonder if we'll see wee Aiden back between the sticks after good performances in the last 2 rounds or will the gaffer go with the experience of big Starkie.  Think Aiden deserves another shot,  just to be fair. 

It wisnae Larkhall

24 minutes ago, Hampden85 said:

The abuse the Roch players took during the game by same said fans isn't worth mentioning though lol

There's no point in looking for sympathy because the way some of your players conduct themselves no one is going to give you any.  Players shouldnt get invovled with fans at all, tthey should just stick to playing the game and concentrate on that. 

Archived