The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Fan321 said:

Bigotry was appalling. 

Racist abuse on the St Rochs striker was disgusting. 

Is this the 21st century? 

Totally agree with you. It was embarrassing that The Constabulary were standing next to the main perpetrators during their uneducated diatribe. 

However, I have been to Gasworks Park on many occasions and I have never heard anything like that before. 

I am just home and feel kind of flat and quiet and tired. We only played in fits and starts today and that's not enough against good teams with good players. If we had nicked a point that is what it would have been, nicked. Playing for half of a half just ain't enough.

Some bad shouts and chants from both sets of fans (we are St Rochs but are not holier than thou) and a monkey gesture from a light blue topped Larky shed inhabitant. An arse hole... and the polis huckled him eventually. It didn't really spoil the game for me it just makes me shrug and sigh. I am done being upset by things I can't control. I guess we have half wits everywhere...

The game itself went the way of the better team who were more composed and calmer and scored goals at the right times. We never gave up though to our credit and gave ourselves a chance but I'm not sure whether that was them sitting back as they went 2 up after 48 mins or us pinning them back. Probably a bit of both. We did have a chance at 2-1 when Logie cut in and had a shot blocked, that was it though. We were pretty toothless in front of goal all day and we could have lost by more if the truth be told.

Congratulations to Larkhall and Cambuslang on their promotion. The league doesn't lie. We had plenty of missed chances to win games this season and with a gust of fair wind we could have got over the line. I am a bit flat but it isn't the end of the world for me. I do feel heartily sorry for the players though who did try but just weren't good enough. I say good enough... perhaps smart enough or experienced enough is a better description. I hope we keep the nucleus for next season and they will surely strip fitter and stronger with a years worth of experiences to fall back on. We go again and I'll be there.

I'll write it up tomorrow as loads happened... sadly for us we came up short. Failure is not even trying not losing. We tried and as someone once said, "If at first you don't succeed...."

Better times ahead.
MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

First time watching the roch the day n thought that Sweeney was more interested in the the larkhall support than playing for his team.. the wee boy doc just wanted to kick anything that moved. He's honking as well.. the number 5 is 1 of the worst defenders I have ever saw n the big 27 didn't look comfortable at all.

2 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

Think this is a cop out.. there was bigotry as expected from both sets of supports but no monkey gestures.

100% there was from one idiot... There was a number of folk seen it! 

1 minute ago, king Henrik7 said:

Think this is a cop out.. there was bigotry as expected from both sets of supports but no monkey gestures.

Difficult for you to say that as according to you "I was in the Larkhall end" I think most people opposite could accurately describe the wee p***k who did it. You also appear to have difficulty with another one of your senses as you didn't hear any racial abuse. Well the regular choruses of we hate Catholics and a wee rendition of the famine song must have been my imagination

Been a long time since I've heard the Sash and all the other bile that was sung at a junior match.Only took in the second half as I was at Carluke first half.I wondered why there was a police presence at the gates when I arrived.Didn't really know the history of this fixture and what was at stake until I met a friend when I arrived.Roch's unlucky not to atleast snatch a draw.

16 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

Yir fucking hole ya wee racist apologist p***k.

Took in this game ,Larkhall deserved winners ,they were cruising at 2-0 and the we baldy

cm should not have been on park to score pen ,blatant head butt .thought st rochs were the better team in second half after that and could have nicked a equaliser

It was actually very embarrassing. Especially after a guy got caught on camera at Ibrox doing the same thing the other week and the quite right condemnation of it by everyone. If you didn't see it fine but it did happen as I saw it. He did it for about 10 seconds then stopped and when the candy fans started screaming at him he did it again and then held his hands wide as if to say "come on then". He then moved into another part of the crowd. . Some candy lads filmed it I think as it went on that long. The 2 police at the shed did nothing but about 10 mins later 2 other police went into the crowd and took him up to the back of the shed. Not sure what happened after that. I hesitate to give the p***k the oxygen of mentioning it but it just added to the shite of the day from some. Decent fans don't want to see or hear that.

I was astonished at how many queen and pope references there were today. As far as I know, neither has played junior football.. although I heard the Queen did play for a Germany Under 21's select side (via her dad's side) and the pope was a forward with a team good at holding balls up.. allegedly.. if it wasn't so sad it would be just noise.

Interesting to hear your opinions on our players.. they are your opinions and there is some smoke from the flames
of truth in some of them. I said yesterday that the calm team would prevail and so it was. They settled better than us and seemed more composed. I think their big number 9 was again a stand out for them and notched the opener which settled them more. The difference between average team and top teams is your strikers. That's why they go for the big money. We were and are, just a little bit short and a fair eyed fan will admit that. We can only ask for 100% effort though and for the most part of the season we got it. Sad to miss out but we weren't robbed.

Tomorrow I'm not mentioning the pish.. just the bitter sweet sadness of missing out.

MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Difficult for you to say that as according to you "I was in the Larkhall end" I think most people opposite could accurately describe the wee p***k who did it. You also appear to have difficulty with another one of your senses as you didn't hear any racial abuse. Well the regular choruses of we hate Catholics and a wee rendition of the famine song must have been my imagination

Nope I heard the songs perfectly well. Did you see all the roch support just sitting there watching game with no bigotry shouted back. Take your specs off

Archived