The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

Kinky, parking???
You not travelling on the supporters bus?

2 bus trips and we haven't won either with an average of 0.5 goals scored. I'll drive. I heard the bus was sold out and that there is another going too? And for those thinking a Candy win sees us promoted.. we would still need to avoid defeat against Greenock by a couple or more goals if we win tomorrow.

I have enjoyed reading the posts on here over the last few weeks as things have ramped up. The Squatting Rob Roy fan who actually takes time to post on here and debate wether this is the game of the day or not should head back to his soul-less rented ground and stand in silence watching his shower. If it wasn't for the Candy Fans the other week a blind man would have thought the game was cancelled.

This has all the feel of a massive game though... I'm laying my clothes out on the bed and I filled the Afro Mobile up this afternoon and have put the ground details in the sat nav already. I know I'll be up late tonight and early tomorrow as I won't be able to sleep. My head is buzzing already and I am using visualisation techniques and can see our first crunching tackle and our centre half jumping high and powering his first header straight back at them from their kick out. I wish I was still playing.

It is a pity, as someone mentioned, that their bar and clubhouse is closed and there is so much talk about safety and things passing off quietly. I have loved being back in Glasgow but this pish is something I haven't missed. Life was simpler somehow in Fauldhouse where that type of rivalry never escalated to anything and the only thing to worry about was when your pigeon would be back. A Saturday watching football was all things to all people no matter who they were. Some great days there and some great days here and many more to come, I hope starting tomorrow. I am a football fan and will defend and follow my team and speak about them honestly, good and bad. I can debate it with anyone and love doing so, even the polar opposites. But see this "We need police" shite and fans that can't behave properly? It saddens my soul and I'm bailing out of that nonsense.

They arse holes will not get any more of my attention, worry or thoughts. I'm going to have a brilliant day tomorrow and will watch the biggest junior game of the day (unless you want to watch clouds float quietly over Cumbernauld) and be vocal and hyper and nervous and moany and groany and chatty and happy. I'll see you all there because this is a game that has everything and will give us all so much if we open ourselves to it. I'll take wee notes and soak up the day and leave my senses open and let everything flood me. I'll ponder it tomorrow night like I always do and purge my mind with my thoughts and feelings with the honest written word, win, lose, or draw.

I'm getting warmed up now and I'm having Pre Match Pasta tonight... no alcohol. I am looking forward to the day and as I said earlier, I'll be up with the Larks for Larky. This is my my my beautiful Candy... my my my this could be a beautiful day.

Mon the Candy!!
MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 bus trips and we haven't won either with an average of 0.5 goals scored. I'll drive. I heard the bus was sold out and that there is another going too? And for those thinking a Candy win sees us promoted.. we would still need to avoid defeat against Greenock by a couple or more goals if we win tomorrow.

I have enjoyed reading the posts on here over the last few weeks as things have ramped up. The Squatting Rob Roy fan who actually takes time to post on here and debate wether this is the game of the day or not should head back to his soul-less rented ground and stand in silence watching his shower. If it wasn't for the Candy Fans the other week a blind man would have thought the game was cancelled.

This has all the feel of a massive game though... I'm laying my clothes out on the bed and I filled the Afro Mobile up this afternoon and have put the ground details in the sat nav already. I know I'll be up late tonight and early tomorrow as I won't be able to sleep. My head is buzzing already and I am using visualisation techniques and can see our first crunching tackle and our centre half jumping high and powering his first header straight back at them from their kick out. I wish I was still playing.

It is a pity, as someone mentioned, that their bar and clubhouse is closed and there is so much talk about safety and things passing off quietly. I have loved being back in Glasgow but this pish is something I haven't missed. Life was simpler somehow in Fauldhouse where that type of rivalry never escalated to anything and the only thing to worry about was when your pigeon would be back. A Saturday watching football was all things to all people no matter who they were. Some great days there and some great days here and many more to come, I hope starting tomorrow. I am a football fan and will defend and follow my team and speak about them honestly, good and bad. I can debate it with anyone and love doing so, even the polar opposites. But see this "We need police" shite and fans that can't behave properly? It saddens my soul and I'm bailing out of that nonsense.

They arse holes will not get any more of my attention, worry or thoughts. I'm going to have a brilliant day tomorrow and will watch the biggest junior game of the day (unless you want to watch clouds float quietly over Cumbernauld) and be vocal and hyper and nervous and moany and groany and chatty and happy. I'll see you all there because this is a game that has everything and will give us all so much if we open ourselves to it. I'll take wee notes and soak up the day and leave my senses open and let everything flood me. I'll ponder it tomorrow night like I always do and purge my mind with my thoughts and feelings with the honest written word, win, lose, or draw.

I'm getting warmed up now and I'm having Pre Match Pasta tonight... no alcohol. I am looking forward to the day and as I said earlier, I'll be up with the Larks for Larky. This is my my my beautiful Candy... my my my this could be a beautiful day.

Mon the Candy!!

I enjoy when you wax lyrical mate lol see you tomorrow [emoji172][emoji256]MTC

3 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

Mon the Candy!!
MTC! emoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

Great post Mr Afro, and just because of you I hope the Candy win tomorrow and set themselves up with a great chance of promotion. Even a draw would put you odds on favourite to go up.

To be truthful, coming from the East of Scotland and watching my team steadily improve since I started watching them in 2002, I never took much notice of teams in the lower half of the West junior divisions. The exception to that in recent years, was looking out for Newmains and how they faired, since my old boss lived close by. 

However, since becoming aware of you when I logged on to P&B, when you were at Fauldhouse and now at St Rochs, I now keep an eye out for The Candy's score. I agree with you comments about seeing the game as a 'neutral' even though everyone knows the team you support. I get such a buzz each week watching Musselburgh play, and at times I leave a ground feeling despondent either with the performance or the result. But very soon, can't wait again for the next match. 

It annoys me so much that even when teams play p1sh some supporters still think they were the better side that day. Sometimes you have to take it on chin and acknowledge other teams, particularly if they have played with skill against your team.

I think your reports do that, so look forward on Sunday to the next batch of Afro's masterly comments.

MTC!

Great post Mr Afro, and just because of you I hope the Candy win tomorrow and set themselves up with a great chance of promotion. Even a draw would put you odds on favourite to go up.
To be truthful, coming from the East of Scotland and watching my team steadily improve since I started watching them in 2002, I never took much notice of teams in the lower half of the West junior divisions. The exception to that in recent years, was looking out for Newmains and how they faired, since my old boss lived close by. 
However, since becoming aware of you when I logged on to P&B, when you were at Fauldhouse and now at St Rochs, I now keep an eye out for The Candy's score. I agree with you comments about seeing the game as a 'neutral' even though everyone knows the team you support. I get such a buzz each week watching Musselburgh play, and at times I leave a ground feeling despondent either with the performance or the result. But very soon, can't wait again for the next match. 
It annoys me so much that even when teams play p1sh some supporters still think they were the better side that day. Sometimes you have to take it on chin and acknowledge other teams, particularly if they have played with skill against your team.
I think your reports do that, so look forward on Sunday to the next batch of Afro's masterly comments.
MTC!

Hopefully Kinkys comments will be all doom and gloom if Larkhall pump them

I take your tongue in cheekness well mate and in the manner it is given. [emoji106]Sadly some can't do that, but I have given up being troubled by them. I try to keep the levels high and stay out of the "Ref cost us" and "We was robbed" and "you lot are shite" gutters. I'll write about everything to do with it tomorrow, there is more to my (and all our) football life than the 90 minutes. As I've said before, I write for my mind and my sanity, I try to be creative and use words to paint a picture of how I feel and what I get from the event and describe the joy and fun and heartaches and pain that we all endure every week. They are never doom and gloom, (not to my eyes anyway!) even if we get pumped. Having said that we were only pumped by Rossvale this season and even then I called it fairly I think. We weren't even close and were given a lesson which to be honest was perversely and masochistically pleasing on the eye. It is a game of football ffs and although I love it and let the whole day envelope me, I am no fool when it comes to what is really important in life. As my daughter once asked me "Dad, why do you get so annoyed? It's only daft men running after a daft ball on a daft pitch" aye, and often with even dafter folk like me and us watching. Balance though...

If football replaces something in me then I am grateful to it and thank it, but I know it's place. Football to me is more than the sum of its parts and that is why I like to think I can keep perspective. It's only a game and only when you see it like that can you truly embrace how wonderful and life enhancing and stabilising and healing it can be. I know not everyone can.... but tomorrow...... I'm just going to dive right in and I know, I really know, that I am going to love it with everything I have.

"I hold it true, whate'er befall;

I feel it, when I sorrow most;

'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all."

To win will be wonderful but to love the day..? .. that has to be my goal.

Mon the Candy!!

10 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

I take your tongue in cheekness well mate and in the manner it is given. emoji106.pngSadly some can't do that, but I have given up being troubled by them. I try to keep the levels high and stay out of the "Ref cost us" and "We was robbed" and "you lot are shite" gutters. I'll write about everything to do with it tomorrow, there is more to my (and all our) football life than the 90 minutes. As I've said before, I write for my mind and my sanity, I try to be creative and use words to paint a picture of how I feel and what I get from the event and describe the joy and fun and heartaches and pain that we all endure every week. They are never doom and gloom, (not to my eyes anyway!) even if we get pumped. Having said that we were only pumped by Rossvale this season and even then I called it fairly I think. We weren't even close and were given a lesson which to be honest was perversely and masochistically pleasing on the eye. It is a game of football ffs and although I love it and let the whole day envelope me, I am no fool when it comes to what is really important in life. As my daughter once asked me "Dad, why do you get so annoyed? It's only daft men running after a daft ball on a daft pitch" aye, and often with even dafter folk like me and us watching. Balance though...

If football replaces something in me then I am grateful to it and thank it, but I know it's place. Football to me is more than the sum of its parts and that is why I like to think I can keep perspective. It's only a game and only when you see it like that can you truly embrace how wonderful and life enhancing and stabilising and healing it can be. I know not everyone can.... but tomorrow...... I'm just going to dive right in and I know, I really know, that I am going to love it with everything I have.

"I hold it true, whate'er befall;

I feel it, when I sorrow most;

'Tis better to have loved and lost

Than never to have loved at all."

To win will be wonderful but to love the day..? .. that has to be my goal.

Mon the Candy!!

MTC! emoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

I am a bit slow in the uptake, so not sure from your first comment if you think I am taking the P. If so, I am genuinely not.

Your game is of importance as it gives a great chance of promotion. For Musselburgh a win tomorrow keeps us in the Super League, so though we are at different ends of the league table, victory would be just as sweet for either team!

Saturday's without football is keek, and tomorrow can't come soon enough for me either.

It was meant for my Larky9 friend. [emoji23] I am happy to take the banter and his hoping I'll be doon with the doom and gloom after the game tickled me. It's all part of the fun. I Loved my Mussel Tussles over the years as I have said before. Glad you have followed me on my travels from the Hoose and when I heard the cry of "Go west young man" it was done anyway even though I ain't young. I honestly don't think I could have found a better club for me to follow through here.....

Every game has been a field of fantastic story flowers just waiting to be picked and put into a bunch. The laughs, the stories, the good guys I've met, the nutters, the scrapes, the wins, the loses, the Barca style passing, the Barras like passing, the ups and downs and hopes and dreams and exhilaration and desperation. How could you not love when you've been kissed by these sweet tasting Candy lips? It has been a fabulous season and it ain't over yet.

My season kept going till the 93rd minute of the last game of the season last year and it flipped in the 91st... Someone once said that life is like a box of chocolates..... but I'd have a season worth of Candy over that anytime.
MTC!

On 12 May 2017 at 23:20, Hampden85 said:

Are the Roch fans going in down Provost Gate?

Trying to work out where will be best to park the car.

Looks like it.

Between the houses the chap said.

Are the Roch fans going in down Provost Gate?

Trying to work out where will be best to park the car.

Yes you would be better parking in the old coal yard near the leisure centre from there to the park it's only a 2mins walk

On 13 May 2017 at 11:07, larky9 said:

Couple of wee puddles on the park but no chance it will be off that's my info from committee

Larky9, have Larkhall Thistle got a programme out for today?

Archived