The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a bummer yesterday with the late call off. Game on after inspection at 10am, and again at 12 noon but the continual rain and snow did us in the end. Both teams there and fans in and at the gate (I went to collect my dad who was sat in the club house in his usual seat watching the Sky TV game eating a pie and drinking a coffee. I shared a coffee with him and he bought 2 "take away pies" for his dinner!!!) but it's pointless criticising the ref who has to make the call with the players safety in mind. There were puddles behind the goal and I was told the pitch was bad in parts too.
The wet ground just whets the appetite for the Petershill cup game at JMcG next Saturday. Rain rain go away....
Mon the Candy!
MTCIMG_1486288659.860434.jpg

Apologies for no pre match synopsis as I was otherwise engaged however I have plenty to write about tomorrow having just witnessed the Cavalier Candy Crush a Piss Poor PishEasy Peasey 4 zip. Apparently the first time in 25 years we have beaten them and it was thoroughly deserved with a quickfire double penalty Big B Brace and a Logie Heeded third and a Candy Cool Chipped finish from a back on form Rab Maguire right on full time to give us a Forza Four For the Candy unanswered second half goals which take us into the next round of the WOS cup...
lots to write about and lots to think about but as the fans applauded the Candy off the field, the sun came up and suddenly everything in the sometimes sun-shy shady Candy Garden was rosey and thoughts turned to silverware? We can all dream.....
well done to the lads and the management.. a history making victory.
MON THE Candy!
MTC IMG_1486831382.978117.jpg

Fabulous second half after a hard fought first half in the kind of heavy pitch we dont like playing on. But we blew the "peezy " away in the second half. John Sweeney having a very good game. We are still carrying a few injuries too and Steven and Jordan we're cup tied so overall a terrific day at the office. [emoji256][emoji172] MTC

Thoroughly deserved St Roch's win. Who would have seen that coming at half time after a fairly drab first half. Two quick Rock penalties, both were definitely penalties. Peasy only had one shot at goal second half. Well done Rock and peasy need to pick themselves up for the Scottish next week. 

My morning began in the picturesque surroundings of the Dumfries and Galloway hills and my night will end the same. The bit in between though was spent listening to Oasis blaring and my team playing a 2nd half of fitba that made the 120 mile roon trip a worthwhile pursuit. 

Big Starky forced to make an outstanding stop early on from a close range header as The Peasy edged the opening 25 mins. The Candy got rid of the early nerves which resulted in a few missed place passes and began to make a good account of themselves on a pitch that.....well like a junior pitch in February. We finished the 1st half strong and started the 2nd half even stronger, I was going to pick out some players for praise but as I write they all come to mind so I'll just note that every player worked tirelessly for each other and gave their all against an opponent we have not beaten in 25 years competitively and that satisfies me greatly.

To win any game is joyful but to hump The Peasy at home in the cup 4 nil whilst watching a bunch of players bursting a gut in the Candy jersey gives me a buzz, the team felt it, the coaches felt it and the fans felt it, it was long overdue and they delivered. 

I'll enjoy me evening in this beautiful part of Scotland, isn't fitba wonderful 

Mon The Candy

Smella Smella then Bella Bella

Both sides having stunk the ground out during a wild wet wonderless Alpinesque wintery first half, they ended the game soaked at different ends of this Italian Piovere performance, one bowing and taking the La Scala curtain call and accepting roses and accolades whilst the other performance chorus liners left (albeit to a generous round of applause under the shed) out the stage door, crestfallen. It was Four For Forza Candy who turned in a thrilling second act Hi Class Quattro Ferrari performance and the Dancing Candy Horses galloped over the downtrodden Piss Poor PissEasy Peasy Peasants from the Hill owned by Peter.

I've been a Roman all over the country this week and I've saw all sort of players, good and not so good, all ages all positions, grass and all weather and I did it again yesterday. The game started on grass and experienced all weather from chill

winds and driving rain to the symbolic shimmering sunshine which broke through the mountain top cloud cover which Sunnily Signalled the first Candy victory over Petershill since the days of black and white tv, the moon landing, the coronation, dirty den leaving Angie, the Beatles, Mount Everest conquered etc.. fan consensus was it was a long time and we settled on the last victory being in BritPop 1992 as the CandyMan blasted out Oasis to welcome the victorious Candy Gladiators off the pitch at he end and send the Candy Fans from the coliseum into the Saturday night smiling and happy and exchanging "I never saw that coming at half time" and "what a result". It is amazing what a David and Goliath giant killing performance can do to the fans and we all felt like David as we swaggered away home.. Saturday night's alright for fighting alright especially when the fighting has been done by your team in a dogged and at times free flowing swamping of a team from the higher leagues. Saturday night was now a night for looking at the Silvery Starry Sky and smiling and dreaming of end of Season Silvery Silverware rewards for our brave brave Caldo e Freddo Candy. Ma si può sognare.......

Some might be wondering why this is interspersed with the language of love and is as long as Homer's (a home fan!) Iliad..? As I'm exited the AfroMobile and was greeted by a bone jangling gust, I slipped on an extra jumper and scarf, glove and hatted up and made my way to the entrance, glad and surprised to see the GAME ON sign still upright but swinging, to the entrance and handed over my fiver. The sound of coins jangling in a bucket made me turn to the side and look down, there was a frozen wee

Mite with a "St Roch's Primary, for our Italian trip" so I chucked in a few quid and told her that if she was ever stuck in Italy just to look around, nod her head and say "Bella Bella" and that should help. Great initiative again by the Caring Community Candy allowing the kids in to collect for their trip. These kids have to work for what they get and when they get it the joy and mind expanding life knowledge gained in these trips stays with them forever.. Well done Candy.. Sapere è potere!

I entered the club house and thought we were giving something away for free as the room was mobbed and to a man, rosey cheeks and smiles and laughs and banter and opposition fans mixing in anticipation and the binding of football, joyous to see.. and they SJFA bawbags wanted to stop this?? When are people going to look at this level of football for the social benefit it is, rather than just a simple game?? My game is more than just 90 minutes football and in the last few years it has been the grounding and comfort zone that has given me safety and allowed me to put my life back in order. The old lads that come to the game and take a wee hauf and meet their pals and have their hand shook and their back patted and to see a smiley face, (it's hardly riotous Bacchanalianism) how many never experience that and how much does that mean in life?? Who would have football could be our saviour?? It becomes our sabbath day and we go to worship our team, I admit I sometimes take their name in vain.. as well as the ref's.. and the oppositions... but football at this level gives so much more than the big wigs will ever know. The Candy give all that you want, if you know how to take it.

The game itself struggled to get going and we had a scrappy scratchy and sloppy first 45 as both teams slipped and skidded on the surface, only one good Starkie Save Saving the Roch from a 1-0 half time defecit. Half time was a welcome release and I took 5 mins to chat to new signings Jordan and Steve by the fire in the clubhouse. I swear that then no one could have predicted what was to come as the Candy grabbed the laurel leaf and fed their opponents to the lions, it was thumbs down for Peasey. A fortunate soft penalty put us one up and big B scored a second penalty 3 minutes later and that was it. Petershill were Poleaxed and to me they chucked it, much to the annoyance of their fans and the vocal wine and white beanbag hatted whiner who stood forlornly in front of me and punctuated the game with a high shrilling "Mon Petershill"... this was replaced after 70 mins with "Mon the 10 men"... just as the resulting well delivered free kick was headed in to an empty net by Logie, past the flapping keeper who must have wondered where his defenders had gone. They were reported missing again on full time as Rab did a Viennese (Austria is near Italy!) waltz through the mud to chip over Flapper who lay in the mud and woe was his life. It is amazing what confidence can do and the Candy flowed with good passing and well worked movement, Keiron Daw casting off his shackles and shining against his former team. Nothing like humping your former team to put a Dancing Dressage step in your hooves. We showed what we can do, what we do often and what we must do if we are to get the silverware we dreamed of last night. The lads warmed down in the cold then made a triumphant walk from the middle of the coliseum to the dressing room, high fives and hugs and cheers and singing.. it really was a fabulous end to a shocking-in-a-good-way second half performance. Well done to Andy and the rest of the staff and the players and the fans who enjoyed the Silver anniversary of our last win with suitable excitement. If it only happens that often then enjoy....

We carried our luck a little in the first half, some poor defending from us at corners was Pasta joke, but were overall deserved winners. I stood in the half time Pie queue behind Bonnyrigg Rose guys, their game unsurprisingly cancelled at Ice Station Fauldhouse, and they were looking at Petershill. Well it won't just have been their pies and Bovril that warmed their hearts and Bonnyrigg cheeks should be Rosey at the thought of Playing this Poor Peasie..! If this is the higher leagues then we can certainly cope however I suspect his was an off day for them.. or an off 45 mins.

Some good banter and quick wits in the shed as the Candy Vesuvius exploded in the second half:

"We used to have a keeper called The Cat, this guy is just a Pussy" came the Bridge of Sighs from one resigned PeaseyMan,

"Book him ref" - "He cannae cos ahve stole his kerds" came the reply... any bad Peasey tackle was greeted by raucous light hearted shouts of "Penalty" in only the way fans shout when they are 2 or 3 up and coasting. It was a party atmosphere as the game drew to a close. For the CandyFans anyway. How can so many get so excited over so little.... 25 years and us beating our big league local rivals might explain it, but I think it was more. We all want to be loved, we all want that warm feeling of victory which is turned into the flaming fires of passion when you see a second half performance like that. In the last few weeks I've had a winch behind the bike sheds and been left frustrated at the Candy frigidity and unwillingness to deliver. They banged me rotten for 45 minutes yesterday!! It hits you and leaves you breathless and desperate for more of the same. When the moon hits your eye like a big Pizza pie, that's the Candy!! Bella Bella.. that's true Amore indeed!

Tu sei il mio amore speciale e ti amerò sempre. [emoji172]

Mon the Candy!

Bella Bella

IMG_1486904654.163910.thumb.jpg.d638925b145742bda7002b741b016b2f.jpg

Smella Smella then Bella Bella

Both sides having stunk the ground out during a wild wet wonderless Alpinesque wintery first half, they ended the game soaked at different ends of this Italian Piovere performance, one bowing and taking the La Scala curtain call and accepting roses and accolades whilst the other performance chorus liners left (albeit to a generous round of applause under the shed) out the stage door, crestfallen. It was Four For Forza Candy who turned in a thrilling second act Hi Class Quattro Ferrari performance and the Dancing Candy Horses galloped over the downtrodden Piss Poor PissEasy Peasy Peasants from the Hill owned by Peter.

I've been a Roman all over the country this week and I've saw all sort of players, good and not so good, all ages all positions, grass and all weather and I did it again yesterday. The game started on grass and experienced all weather from chill
winds and driving rain to the symbolic shimmering sunshine which broke through the mountain top cloud cover which Sunnily Signalled the first Candy victory over Petershill since the days of black and white tv, the moon landing, the coronation, dirty den leaving Angie, the Beatles, Mount Everest conquered etc.. fan consensus was it was a long time and we settled on the last victory being in BritPop 1992 as the CandyMan blasted out Oasis to welcome the victorious Candy Gladiators off the pitch at he end and send the Candy Fans from the coliseum into the Saturday night smiling and happy and exchanging "I never saw that coming at half time" and "what a result". It is amazing what a David and Goliath giant killing performance can do to the fans and we all felt like David as we swaggered away home.. Saturday night's alright for fighting alright especially when the fighting has been done by your team in a dogged and at times free flowing swamping of a team from the higher leagues. Saturday night was now a night for looking at the Silvery Starry Sky and smiling and dreaming of end of Season Silvery Silverware rewards for our brave brave Caldo e Freddo Candy. Ma si può sognare.......

Some might be wondering why this is interspersed with the language of love and is as long as Homer's (a home fan!) Iliad..? As I'm exited the AfroMobile and was greeted by a bone jangling gust, I slipped on an extra jumper and scarf, glove and hatted up and made my way to the entrance, glad and surprised to see the GAME ON sign still upright but swinging, to the entrance and handed over my fiver. The sound of coins jangling in a bucket made me turn to the side and look down, there was a frozen wee
Mite with a "St Roch's Primary, for our Italian trip" so I chucked in a few quid and told her that if she was ever stuck in Italy just to look around, nod her head and say "Bella Bella" and that should help. Great initiative again by the Caring Community Candy allowing the kids in to collect for their trip. These kids have to work for what they get and when they get it the joy and mind expanding life knowledge gained in these trips stays with them forever.. Well done Candy.. Sapere è potere!

I entered the club house and thought we were giving something away for free as the room was mobbed and to a man, rosey cheeks and smiles and laughs and banter and opposition fans mixing in anticipation and the binding of football, joyous to see.. and they SJFA bawbags wanted to stop this?? When are people going to look at this level of football for the social benefit it is, rather than just a simple game?? My game is more than just 90 minutes football and in the last few years it has been the grounding and comfort zone that has given me safety and allowed me to put my life back in order. The old lads that come to the game and take a wee hauf and meet their pals and have their hand shook and their back patted and to see a smiley face, (it's hardly riotous Bacchanalianism) how many never experience that and how much does that mean in life?? Who would have football could be our saviour?? It becomes our sabbath day and we go to worship our team, I admit I sometimes take their name in vain.. as well as the ref's.. and the oppositions... but football at this level gives so much more than the big wigs will ever know. The Candy give all that you want, if you know how to take it.

The game itself struggled to get going and we had a scrappy scratchy and sloppy first 45 as both teams slipped and skidded on the surface, only one good Starkie Save Saving the Roch from a 1-0 half time defecit. Half time was a welcome release and I took 5 mins to chat to new signings Jordan and Steve by the fire in the clubhouse. I swear that then no one could have predicted what was to come as the Candy grabbed the laurel leaf and fed their opponents to the lions, it was thumbs down for Peasey. A fortunate soft penalty put us one up and big B scored a second penalty 3 minutes later and that was it. Petershill were Poleaxed and to me they chucked it, much to the annoyance of their fans and the vocal wine and white beanbag hatted whiner who stood forlornly in front of me and punctuated the game with a high shrilling "Mon Petershill"... this was replaced after 70 mins with "Mon the 10 men"... just as the resulting well delivered free kick was headed in to an empty net by Logie, past the flapping keeper who must have wondered where his defenders had gone. They were reported missing again on full time as Rab did a Viennese (Austria is near Italy!) waltz through the mud to chip over Flapper who lay in the mud and woe was his life. It is amazing what confidence can do and the Candy flowed with good passing and well worked movement, Keiron Daw casting off his shackles and shining against his former team. Nothing like humping your former team to put a Dancing Dressage step in your hooves. We showed what we can do, what we do often and what we must do if we are to get the silverware we dreamed of last night. The lads warmed down in the cold then made a triumphant walk from the middle of the coliseum to the dressing room, high fives and hugs and cheers and singing.. it really was a fabulous end to a shocking-in-a-good-way second half performance. Well done to Andy and the rest of the staff and the players and the fans who enjoyed the Silver anniversary of our last win with suitable excitement. If it only happens that often then enjoy....

We carried our luck a little in the first half, some poor defending from us at corners was Pasta joke, but were overall deserved winners. I stood in the half time Pie queue behind Bonnyrigg Rose guys, their game unsurprisingly cancelled at Ice Station Fauldhouse, and they were looking at Petershill. Well it won't just have been their pies and Bovril that warmed their hearts and Bonnyrigg cheeks should be Rosey at the thought of Playing this Poor Peasie..! If this is the higher leagues then we can certainly cope however I suspect his was an off day for them.. or an off 45 mins.

Some good banter and quick wits in the shed as the Candy Vesuvius exploded in the second half:
"We used to have a keeper called The Cat, this guy is just a Pussy" came the Bridge of Sighs from one resigned PeaseyMan,
"Book him ref" - "He cannae cos ahve stole his kerds" came the reply... any bad Peasey tackle was greeted by raucous light hearted shouts of "Penalty" in only the way fans shout when they are 2 or 3 up and coasting. It was a party atmosphere as the game drew to a close. For the CandyFans anyway. How can so many get so excited over so little.... 25 years and us beating our big league local rivals might explain it, but I think it was more. We all want to be loved, we all want that warm feeling of victory which is turned into the flaming fires of passion when you see a second half performance like that. In the last few weeks I've had a winch behind the bike sheds and been left frustrated at the Candy frigidity and unwillingness to deliver. They banged me rotten for 45 minutes yesterday!! It hits you and leaves you breathless and desperate for more of the same. When the moon hits your eye like a big Pizza pie, that's the Candy!! Bella Bella.. that's true Amore indeed!

Tu sei il mio amore speciale e ti amerò sempre. [emoji173]

Mon the Candy!
Bella Bella
IMG_1486904654.163910.thumb.jpg.d638925b145742bda7002b741b016b2f.jpg

Bella Bella [emoji106]????

Absolutely buzzing after that great result, hopefully the team can kick on & secure promotion. 2nd half we never let Peasy get a look in. Thought Big B was great in the mud, my mom. Well done to the management, players & the fans. What a great birthday week I have had.MTC .

After the Heroics of last weekend, our Local Heroes leaving the fans as she'll shocked as the Peasey, we return to the Tricky Trials and Tribulations of this crazy league where last week bottom drew with Top and showed that nothing in football can be taken for granted.

An away trip to HMS Thorney Wid, under a new skipper and second mate is on the horizon and we need to make sure we have our sea legs on or we could suffer the same reverse as earlier on this season's journey where we ended up shipwrecked at home in the league cup. But... just as this will be a different Thorney challenge, so are the Candy a different team. We have seen them toy with our affections and take us from orgasmic bliss to soul dropping frigidity, from searing passions to sitting either side of the footballing restaurant table, shuffling food and not talking to each other. What are we going to get tomorrow?

It is the excitement of the unknown and the rollercoaster relationship with the current love of your life, located on the Hot Crazy Matrix (check YouTube for this!!) 9 crazy and 9 hot.. always able to go a wee bit crazier and a wee bit hotter. She is what she is, my Candy Love, and what a ride she is giving us..

"Candy Love

Wrapped up tight

In winter-speckled print.

Chocolate so sweet,

Though never enough.

Loving words carve to my

Cherry cordial center.

Kisses of laughter

And an inside joke;

Memories like candy canes

To suckle on when the time

Weighs heavier than the first snow.

Love, I love,

Your Skittles-sweet sentiments."

See you all Saturday, fasten in. One thing is for sure, a ride is a ride, bumpier the better.

Mon the Candy!

MTCIMG_1487326656.665286.thumb.jpg.5a913699394b7f4dbedf63163a2b5a06.jpg

Archived