The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

Well please come along if you have a free week. You will certainly be made most welcome.

On the last day of last season I was a St. Andrews and the Hoose stayed up by 1 goal on goal difference by scoring a 2nd goal in the 90th minute of our last game. Imagine you got relegated or stayed up because a game never finished and they just awarded the score as it was? Wishaw could have scored another couple in the last 10 mins or we could have nicked one and that could have promoted or relegated someone on goal difference. That can't be fair. You must play the full game. Any abandonment not caused by a team (i.e. The ref calls it off because of a serious injury like this) needs replayed. They probably/should have some rule that states that.

Apparently Shettleston let 5 go and we snapped up 2 who look like they have played at a good level with good experience. Definitely our gain.

MTC

Not 1 for visiting other teams grounds that I've not been to unless we are playing. Kinda dilutes it if you know what I mean . Hearing a lot of good things coming from the candy & the odd bad thing which I put down to losing sides chips on shoulders . For years the Roch were in the doldrums & its good to hear positives coming from the club . Long may it continue

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No the committee wanted to speak to us about an unconnected disciplinary issue at the same game - we were fined £500 

we we had no input or influence on the replay decision. 

Fact is young Declan was knocked out - got his jaw broke and had concussion and the referee abandoned the game - personally the insinuation after the incident of foul play on our part has left a bad taste
i felt for Wishaw on the day but we will play the replay by the rules - Personally I am not surprised by the verdict - FIFA, UEFA and SFA rules all state - if a game is abandoned - it is replayed
all the best

Why did u feel for us on the day Andy?? Are you not feeling for us now? Are you saying the St Roch's couldn't have contacted the west region committee and stated that you wished us to have the points if you felt for us?

Regarding the insinuation of foul play after the incident well that's a different story. Foul play maybe not the correct wording for me it was more of a manipulation of the incident. Was the boy injured? Yes he most definitely was. Was the young boy on his feet prior to the referees imaginary 10 mins rule being up? Yes he was. Was he then placed back on the ground after being on his feet and being 2 yards from the touch line? Yes he was. Did a member of the St Roch's coaching staff remind the referee on several occasions that the 10 mins was nearly up? Yes he did. Was the boy up on his feet 5 mins after the game was abandoned? Yes he was. So when you take into account all these incidents into account Andy can you be honest enough to at least see where we are coming from and why it was appear that way? Before anyone questions it at no point do I think the boy wasn't injured or faked it in anyway. I was one of the first people to get to the boy on the pitch and I know the lad was knocked out. His health on the day was paramount to everyone including us at Wishaw.

I spoke to you after the game Andy with Chris and you stated that you would not have an issue with us being awarded the 3 points and you in fact stated that you would give us a 2 goal head start. I believe that won't happen now or will it?

I did say that I would have no problem if you were awarded the points - based on the second half performance and also said morally giving you two goals of start would be the way that I would go about it personally - because you can bet on the game I have been told that this would be a no go

I told you I would abide by the decision of the committee and I believe they got this one right

you will be pissed off - fair enough - all the best tomorrow

Why did u feel for us on the day Andy?? Are you not feeling for us now? Are you saying the St Roch's couldn't have contacted the west region committee and stated that you wished us to have the points if you felt for us?

Regarding the insinuation of foul play after the incident well that's a different story. Foul play maybe not the correct wording for me it was more of a manipulation of the incident. Was the boy injured? Yes he most definitely was. Was the young boy on his feet prior to the referees imaginary 10 mins rule being up? Yes he was. Was he then placed back on the ground after being on his feet and being 2 yards from the touch line? Yes he was. Did a member of the St Roch's coaching staff remind the referee on several occasions that the 10 mins was nearly up? Yes he did. Was the boy up on his feet 5 mins after the game was abandoned? Yes he was. So when you take into account all these incidents into account Andy can you be honest enough to at least see where we are coming from and why it was appear that way? Before anyone questions it at no point do I think the boy wasn't injured or faked it in anyway. I was one of the first people to get to the boy on the pitch and I know the lad was knocked out. His health on the day was paramount to everyone including us at Wishaw.

I spoke to you after the game Andy with Chris and you stated that you would not have an issue with us being awarded the 3 points and you in fact stated that you would give us a 2 goal head start. I believe that won't happen now or will it?

Are you for real? Get ower yersel.....

You want 3 points for a game that didn't finish??
You want the beseeching word of St Roch's to decide on the outcome of SJFA committee decisions?
You want a 2 goal start?

If I was a Wishaw fan I would be saying "You were shite and we pumped you and you have got a get out of jail free card. Not to worry cos we'll turn you over again next time". If you'd have said that I would have applauded your sentiment. As it is you sound like your world has ended and you are in tears??

As it was, I wrote to the SJFA and said that you should have the points or a 2 goal start and to please do it or I would cry. They replied and said "get ower yersel"

MTC!

I did say that I would have no problem if you were awarded the points - based on the second half performance and also said morally giving you two goals of start would be the way that I would go about it personally - because you can bet on the game I have been told that this would be a no go
I told you I would abide by the decision of the committee and I believe they got this one right
you will be pissed off - fair enough - all the best tomorrow

Well as you guess I believe they got it totally wrong but that wouldn't be a surprise I suppose as they don't get much right if anything for that matter. All the best to you's tomorrow too.

Are you for real? Get ower yersel.....

You want 3 points for a game that didn't finish??
You want the beseeching word of St Roch's to decide on the outcome of SJFA committee decisions?
You want a 2 goal start?

If I was a Wishaw fan I would be saying "You were shite and we pumped you and you have got a get out of jail free card. Not to worry cos we'll turn you over again next time". If you'd have said that I would have applauded your sentiment. As it is you sound like your world has ended and you are in tears??

As it was, I wrote to the SJFA and said that you should have the points or a 2 goal start and to please do it or I would cry. They replied and said "get ower yersel"

MTC!

Of course I'm looking for the 3 points isn't that the purpose of playing any game? Yes the game didn't finish but the west region committee have awarded 3 points to a team before when the game was abandoned with 7 mins to go I believe. Ironically that was Wishaw. So it can be done. Also it was your manager that suggested the idea of a 2 goal head start. Not me, not us. Why did he suggest that? Would I expect it to happen? Most definitely not. My world certainly hasn't ended in fact as you always like to say there is more to life so why would I be sitting in tears? The purpose of the post was to give our side of why we had a protest and to illustrate the reasons as to why we didn't feel it shouldn't be replayed. Can you not appreciate that? The simple fact of the matter is they have made their decision and we must obey by that but it certainly doesn't mean we have to sit there and be quiet about it. I believe we have a right to feel aggrieved as would you if the shoe was on the other foot. Anyway I really hope you didn't cry when the sjfa wrote back to you cause I wouldn't want to see you upset now!

Of course I'm looking for the 3 points isn't that the purpose of playing any game? Yes the game didn't finish but the west region committee have awarded 3 points to a team before when the game was abandoned with 7 mins to go I believe. Ironically that was Wishaw. So it can be done. Also it was your manager that suggested the idea of a 2 goal head start. Not me, not us. Why did he suggest that? Would I expect it to happen? Most definitely not. My world certainly hasn't ended in fact as you always like to say there is more to life so why would I be sitting in tears? The purpose of the post was to give our side of why we had a protest and to illustrate the reasons as to why we didn't feel it shouldn't be replayed. Can you not appreciate that? The simple fact of the matter is they have made their decision and we must obey by that but it certainly doesn't mean we have to sit there and be quiet about it. I believe we have a right to feel aggrieved as would you if the shoe was on the other foot. Anyway I really hope you didn't cry when the sjfa wrote back to you cause I wouldn't want to see you upset now!

As I saiid, I would have the same opinion had we been leading and had we pumped you the way you pumped us. Unfortunately for you, I doubt we will be as bad again. Also, we had a lad sent off that game... does that get wiped??? I have a strange feeling that I think the sending off might stand even though the game effectively doesn't count??? Anyway, we seem to have cleared up JawGate and I'm glad that you now seem to have got ower yersel. ;-)
MTC!

5 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

As I saiid, I would have the same opinion had we been leading and had we pumped you the way you pumped us. Unfortunately for you, I doubt we will be as bad again. Also, we had a lad sent off that game... does that get wiped??? I have a strange feeling that I think the sending off might stand even though the game effectively doesn't count??? Anyway, we seem to have cleared up JawGate and I'm glad that you now seem to have got ower yersel. ;-)
MTC!

If the junior heads that do the fixtures have a possible out they should put this game to the end of the season when it might not affect the outcome of either teams finishing positions.??

Declan was up on his feet as part of the medics assessment but was put back onto the ground by the medic because of his findings. To say that boy was ok to leave the field because he was up on his feet is nonsense whenever he was still being assessed and it doesn't matter how far away he was from the side of the field his health and well being are more important than any game.

1 hour ago, roch said:

Declan was up on his feet as part of the medics assessment but was put back onto the ground by the medic because of his findings. To say that boy was ok to leave the field because he was up on his feet is nonsense whenever he was still being assessed and it doesn't matter how far away he was from the side of the field his health and well being are more important than any game.

I think everyone is missing the point the junior chargehands have made the decision for the game to be replayed, not st rochs or wishaw.No point arguing with each other about the actual ins and outs on the day.

As a Roch fan a would have had no complaints of giving the points to wishaw on the day better team 2nd half and deserved the points but as Andy said was not the rochs descion all down to the sjfa and wot about our captains red card wot happens with that deserved to be sent of and he admitted that himself so all bookings and reds should b wiped but doubt it if any one could confirm would b good

On 13 January 2017 at 23:16, StRochsFC said:

No the committee wanted to speak to us about an unconnected disciplinary issue at the same game - we were fined £500 

we we had no input or influence on the replay decision. 

Fact is young Declan was knocked out - got his jaw broke and had concussion and the referee abandoned the game - personally the insinuation after the incident of foul play on our part has left a bad taste

i felt for Wishaw on the day but we will play the replay by the rules - Personally I am not surprised by the verdict - FIFA, UEFA and SFA rules all state - if a game is abandoned - it is replayed

all the best

image.jpeg

15 hours ago, roch said:

Why was he not put back down on to stretcher that was lying beside him surely better on that than on ground ? Or was it if he was laid on stretcher he could have been taken to side of park ? He was not ready to be moved but medics assessed him in 3 mins of arrival and he walked off . St rochs knew what they were doing they wanted to try get replay . 

Not being a medic myself I am not fully aware of the protocols regarding concussions or head injuries. My main concern is why was the boy stood up in the first place. Why not wait until the ambulance arrives to move him at all? As i said before this was because the boy was made sit back down in order to manipulate the 10 mins rule that the referee had made up. That is where our grievance lies. To be honest our main grievance is with the referee as he has fabricated this 10 minute rule from the start of the injury to his postponement. Have never had an explanation to where 10 mins from. No one in authority, that being a referee or someone from the sjfa, has explained where he got that from. Can anyone??

Archived