The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jimmy mac said:

Here goes the candy were not at the races today but we will always support them every were we go I am just a fan but I personally dnt think that Andy made the correct changes the captain of weird one but who am I we got pumped Thot the Boy maguire was terrible shouting at every one and not looking at his own performance Thot the boy Martin was ok I love the candy just hope we go on a we run cmon

Totally agree with  you carter was shocking today Bryson not much better! Thought Jason played well but apart from that poor performance all round 

47 minutes ago, Candybhoy said:

Totally agree with  you carter was shocking today Bryson not much better! Thought Jason played well but apart from that poor performance all round 

Give me peace the boys were world beaters after beating the cambuslang rangers now they are shocking and running round shouting at everyone!! It was a bad day at the office against a decent rossvale team. The 3 young boys up top for rossvale will give any defence problems.

15 hours ago, jimmy mac said:

St rochs were well beaten today by a far better team not at the races today but let's hope the boys kick on a few bad performances today but on to next week I honestly Thot there was mayb two getting pass marks that all but good luck next week

Totally agree with you jimmy thought the Roch could have took off any midfielder for a forward as the big fella up top got no support. J Sweeney is a good player when he's on his game always gave my team hassle when he was at Pollock but no consistent enough. Good luck to the Roch for the season though as they are doing some good stuff up there.

I woke this morning after a sleepless night to the sound of my daughter welcoming the new day with a dawn chorus and singing cheerily as only she can. She hasn't been at the game yesterday...obviously. She has also recently discovered the nerve shrilling unfortunate habit of whistling and a tune of sorts filled my ears, a bit like an alarm that you can't turn off. Sometimes there isn't anything you can do no matter how uncomfortable it is... but it gives you a comfort hearing it as (as we all know) love is blind and on occasion, deaf. Can you see where I am going here? There is something masochistically warming when it is your team who take a tanking. Watching a game when one side gets gubbed means very little to the average fan and even less to me. But.. when it is your team?? You feel glad you were there as you strangely feel that you can absolve and ease some of the collective hurt by sharing the mental pain. That's you doing your bit as a fan. Be there through the good and the bad and the shite. Be there supporting your team and your mates and defend them to all comers, no matter what they played like. As the great Irvine Welsh commented when he wrote about a passer by who stepped in to stop a guy slapping his missus about, and she turned on HIM telling him to "leave ma felly alayne eh?".....Sometimes you cannae win fur loassin.

The day started well for me as I attended the St Roch's fans' forum in the morning. An initiative from the club to give a voice to the supporters and chance for them to feed back to the club any concerns ideas or improvements they feel would make things better. It also gives the fans a chance to ask the manager and a player any questions they have. Yesterday's player was the Skip- the subject of a three sheep, a bag of coal, 2 chickens and a meat hamper stalking horse transfer rumour during the week!! It's a false rumour by the way.. well, not a false rumour as in it was a rumour, false in that it isn't true... it was that kind of muddled day. The rain clouds gathered symbolically and threatened a deluge before kick off. On first glance it was rain, but a more tuned forecaster would have saw it was bringing a performance to match the skies. Grey, cold and unwelcoming to the eye and the whole body. A performance that quietens you down and makes you pull your coat in a little tighter and grimace.

We actually started not bad and produced a wonder save from their keeper who acrobatically made 2 great saves in the first 10 mins but then could have joined me on the terrace. His saves bookended a calamitous Candy error ridden late Christmas gift of a goal. Many reading this will know I am no fan of overplaying at the back. Anyone who ever was unfortunate enough to see me playing will know that (despite my undoubted Hansen/Beckenbaur-esque ability..[emoji15]) I like keepers and defenders to defend first and foremost and almost exclusively. Play in their half if you have to, certainly don't take a rushed goal kick after 5 mins and put your defender under pressure. As it happens we did and their very impressive wee forward nipped in and onto the bouncing ball to lob Starkie and beat the chasing defender to tap home. Their forward line ran us ragged and it is difficult to defend against a trio of darting imps. I used to hate playing against nippy wee forwards. Last thing I want to do is run around a pitch casing some whippet for 90 mins. We couldn't get near them.
We looked strangely still Hogmanay Hungover as we tried in vain to get over this bad start. We looked nervous against these spring heeled fleet of foot young busy bodies who basically ran us off the park bar a 10 minute second half spell when I think they sat back as we huffed and puffed and couldn't get anything going despite the best efforts of 3 subs brought on to try to shake things up. By that time they were 2 up as the impressive Atillo Lombardo (There's one for the kids!!) number 8 had despatched a 40th min penalty again needlessly gifted away. All around him we're losing their heeds and he had just lost his hair but ran the midfield and showed Craft, Creativity, Calm and Control, sadly lacking from the Candy. We were similar in set up but a shivering shadow of the team at Cambuslang who beat the run away league leaders. Vale scored a fantastic to the unbiased eye 3rd with 10 to go and it wasn't undeserved. The fans were vocal in their disappointment and they are allowed to be. I think it goes back to that old adage of "don't slag aff oor players.. that's oor joab". We know these players and we can smell a stinker when we see it. But just like we can't get carried away and claim we are world beaters after a good win, nor should we place too much emphasis on a poor performance against what I thought were an excellent young team. As well as Lombardo, the wee 10 up top was tricky and caused us all sorts of problems but I enjoyed the performance of their number 5. Not the greatest ball player but he could do what a lot of his team mates couldn't, and that was to match the physicality of our forwards, out muscle them and use his attributes (his size, strength and defensive nouse) to their fullest. There is an art to defending and when I see it done well it is as good as a goal. He carried them through that 10 minute spell when a Candy goal could have saw us perhaps steal a first goal and perhaps a point. I have no complaints about the result. Good luck to Rossvale who I am told still have 9 home games to go because of ground works. I fully expect to see them climb the league.

The game had the snapshot memory feel of all our yesterdays, as a new kid moved in to the street when we played a ten-twenty-wannur for hours after school. This new kid was good, and everyone knew it, even the best players. It was a wake up call to realism and if you can take it for what it is, accept it and keep working on your game, then you can come back stronger and better for the shock and the experience. That is what I am sure we will do. We have lost 3 goals at home to Benburb, Forth and Rossvale.. Cambuslang haven't scored against us in 2 games... go figure? It is simple to see that teams in this league are all difficult and it is the team's who do the right things most of the time and work hard and make the right choices and carry some luck that will be nearer the top than bottom. Their ability will make the difference. We have been doing that and if we gather together and write it off to experience and learn, then I'm sure we will get back on tracks.

Give teams a goal of a start you have little chance of getting a point let alone 3. We didn't. A 10 minute second half burst wasn't enough to get us back into it. I applauded Vale off the park and they looked like schoolboys. I saw their U16's youth team in the Scottish Cup semi final against Fauldhouse last season and they obviously have good young players at all levels. A game that is stretched and disjointed is no good for us. We are either all in it working together or we get turned over. That includes the fans too. I think the pain of getting turned over by our local rivals yesterday will fade, I think the memories of a torrid display will fade, I think the free flowing quick passing and Candy with a Cutting Edge will return. I hope it has returned for next week at ThorneyWid. They beat us in the league cup section but I didn't think they were that great.. they are certainly beatable but you can't be complacent or off the boil in the league as we have found to our cost. We are most certainly capable of turning them over and I'll see you all there.

This fitbaw lark?? This being a supporter pish?? This misery when you lose, bringing a dampener on yer whole weekend?? This running the game back over and over in yer heed and staying up late cos ye cannae sleep?? What the hell??

"People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that shite, which is not to be ignored, but what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not fucking stupid. At least, we're not that fucking stupid.
Irvine Welsh, Trainspotting"

Mon the Candy!
MTC

Agree that TJ coming back is a huge plus as we need every possible option available to us. Credit to the young lad who has been through a lot. I thought you were going to buy me a drink yesterday?? Stood up under the tele and buying my own coffee and Diet Coke... that just summed up my day!! [emoji30]

MTC!

Thanks to0 everyone who contributed to the raffle on Saturday - we raised £140 which we will send to Maybole Juniors

Poor performance from us on Saturday but should have said earlier - well done to Rossvale who were excellent on the day.

Hearing the abandoned game v Wishy has been rescheduled for a later date? Ma Wishaw friend none too happy

I can understand that but if you think it through, it has to be replayed. What if they had stopped it at a point in the second half when we were 1 up? Anyone who knows me will know I am not that blind and biased a supporter that I overlook rules and common sense. I am sure I would have had this opinion if things were reversed and we had been leading when they stopped it..

I understand that you cannot just make arbitrary bespoke decisions and that sometimes the spirit of the game gets overtaken by the rules which ensure fairness for all. With that said I think the only decision that they could make is to replay the game. You can't just play last 10 minutes or let them start with a 2 goal lead or just give them the points. The game was stopped by the ref, not either side. The game was stopped because a player was lying seriously injured on the ground for over 20 mins waiting on an ambulance before the ref blew up. I know it is tough luck on Wishae who were in line for the 3 points by the look of things. I gave them nothing but praise in my report and they were far better than us, even when we were 1 up at half time. I was there and saw it all. The Candy were in Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde mode.. whatever one was the baddie... the fact it was a Candy player is immeterial, if the lad was a Wishaw player the ref would still have called it off. The score also is immaterial. If the ref calls the game off before the end then it needs to be replayed, end of..
That's my unbiased opinion for what it is worth and I am sure that no sane and fair minded fan can think otherwise.... can they?? [emoji15]

Onto ThornyWid tomorrow weather permitting. I see the new signings are in the official squad which are a welcomed addition. Hopefully we can get back on tracks after last weekend. See you there.

Mon the Replay!
Mon the Candy!
MTC

I can understand that but if you think it through, it has to be replayed. What if they had stopped it at a point in the second half when we were 1 up? Anyone who knows me will know I am not that blind and biased a supporter that I overlook rules and common sense. I am sure I would have had this opinion if things were reversed and we had been leading when they stopped it..

I understand that you cannot just make arbitrary bespoke decisions and that sometimes the spirit of the game gets overtaken by the rules which ensure fairness for all. With that said I think the only decision that they could make is to replay the game. You can't just play last 10 minutes or let them start with a 2 goal lead or just give them the points. The game was stopped by the ref, not either side. The game was stopped because a player was lying seriously injured on the ground for over 20 mins waiting on an ambulance before the ref blew up. I know it is tough luck on Wishae who were in line for the 3 points by the look of things. I gave them nothing but praise in my report and they were far better than us, even when we were 1 up at half time. I was there and saw it all. The Candy were in Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde mode.. whatever one was the baddie... the fact it was a Candy player is immeterial, if the lad was a Wishaw player the ref would still have called it off. The score also is immaterial. If the ref calls the game off before the end then it needs to be replayed, end of..
That's my unbiased opinion for what it is worth and I am sure that no sane and fair minded fan can think otherwise.... can they?? [emoji15]

Onto ThornyWid tomorrow weather permitting. I see the new signings are in the official squad which are a welcomed addition. Hopefully we can get back on tracks after last weekend. See you there.

Mon the Replay!
Mon the Candy!
MTC

Actually didn't know the ins & outs until I commented on a page on the suns junior Facebook page when Thorniewood got a decision v Vale of Clyde the other day. I commented that the Lanarkshire mafia was in full swing & my Wishy mate told me that they would lose the decision & the game would be replayed. Wishy must be the Lanarkshire black sheep or Robertson & co are big PLO supporters [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 Shettleston players I hear? Dunno what happened up there with them freeing most of the now ex managers signings . But their loss is your gain. Hopefully get to play you soon as yourselves Forth & Dunipace are the only West grounds I've never been to

Well please come along if you have a free week. You will certainly be made most welcome.

On the last day of last season I was a St. Andrews and the Hoose stayed up by 1 goal on goal difference by scoring a 2nd goal in the 90th minute of our last game. Imagine you got relegated or stayed up because a game never finished and they just awarded the score as it was? Wishaw could have scored another couple in the last 10 mins or we could have nicked one and that could have promoted or relegated someone on goal difference. That can't be fair. You must play the full game. Any abandonment not caused by a team (i.e. The ref calls it off because of a serious injury like this) needs replayed. They probably/should have some rule that states that.

Apparently Shettleston let 5 go and we snapped up 2 who look like they have played at a good level with good experience. Definitely our gain.

MTC

5 minutes ago, spud4 said:

To the best of my knowledge the reason for the delay on the decision was due to the fact that the committee wished to have St Roch's view on the the whole incident. Is this indeed correct?

No the committee wanted to speak to us about an unconnected disciplinary issue at the same game - we were fined £500 

we we had no input or influence on the replay decision. 

Fact is young Declan was knocked out - got his jaw broke and had concussion and the referee abandoned the game - personally the insinuation after the incident of foul play on our part has left a bad taste

i felt for Wishaw on the day but we will play the replay by the rules - Personally I am not surprised by the verdict - FIFA, UEFA and SFA rules all state - if a game is abandoned - it is replayed

all the best

Just now, hareskirky said:

Lot of money ye bid for weatherston 4k ffs you robbed a bank or something down royston way

Heard this this evening - absolute nonsense mate - 100% nonsense

someone spouting mince - btw you are not the only one that has said this

cheers

Archived