The Candy Shop- St Roch's 2016-17

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great last post Kinky A.

Posts on here are all about opinions, and sometimes when you resort to poems; to be honest, I switch off, probably because I'm not sure what you are saying. However, I'm know others appreciate such posts, so who am I to challenge this! 

I enjoyed your observations today, and I do have to agree with your thoughts re what the SJFA want to do at your ground. Some or all of your old guys may never come back, as they will see that a wee dram or coffee is part of the day's entertainment. Junior football authorities should never wish to dis-encourage anyone from attending matches. They will also be punishing most fans, who never even think of causing trouble, so hopefully common sense will prevail. If there is to be a form of punishment for The Candy , so be it, but don't punish the decent fans such as your old guys.

I stood quite close to you at last season's league game at Musselburgh, and though I don't know you, you seem a 'good' guy, who enjoys the banter and can give as well as take in equal measures. Sometimes, like today, I feel your pain with some of the comments that you make, so I am glad of the good memories you have!

Keep on giving your posts, keep on enjoying your new team as well as remembering The Hoose, and all the best for the remainder of the season.

MTB!

I loved my trips to Mussey although we never got a thing from you at your place. The drumming Young Team were one of the best things I have seen in junior football and the wee Modric lad (is it Jackie?) was always quality. And who can forget the "Fat Kevin Bridges" who destroyed us that first game and went senior? Then we had the big Scottish cup game at ours as well... I do hold a soft spot for Mussey.
As for the poems...the ones I quote.... sometimes I feel the words are so powerful and grab me, they are usually linked somehow to the nonsense I have been talking about!! It all helps keep me sane... well it just helps!! Thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot. Good luck to you guys this season too...except, as you would expect, when you are playing the Hoose.
MTC!

Ha ha, 'Fat Kevin Bridges' is a lot thinner now. He is still playing senior football and a few of his old Mussey team mates are once again playing beside him.

Jackie is probably the best player the Burgh have had in the time I've watched them. Sadly he went to Linlithgow for the start of this season. 

The Hoose are doing well in the Scottish this season. Good win today and I hope they progress much further! Maybe as a neutral, you can still return and support should they get into the final this season!

If I come on this topic again, I promise to talk about the Candy!

Great result on & off the park on Saturday against Johnston Burgh, really impressed that the Candy continued to try and play football on the grass / mud & fair play to J Burgh who imo did likewise in torrential rain, our squads looking good, Loggie back scoring but overshadowed by a great hatrick by Keiran Martin,Rab McGuire keeping up a fine run in scoring  & a superb headed goal by big Paul & if that is to be his last game he went out with a bang, Good luck Paul. Off the park it is  always good to see Bertie Auld67 up at the JMcG park, taking time to talk to all ages of support in the pouring rain with a huge grin on his face. Big Candyman DJ with some fine tunes , however the response to the Invisibles homeless clothing appeal was overwhelming from all sections of the club,fans, players, committee & management,  the volunteers on the day were kept busy and noted that the quality of clothing,winter jackets, boots , trainers etc was the best that they have had in any collection to date. A  fantastic day and further evidence of the work the club does for our community &  those in need. Well done the Candy . #itsawayoflife

Ha ha, 'Fat Kevin Bridges' is a lot thinner now. He is still playing senior football and a few of his old Mussey team mates are once again playing beside him.

Jackie is probably the best player the Burgh have had in the time I've watched them. Sadly he went to Linlithgow for the start of this season. 

The Hoose are doing well in the Scottish this season. Good win today and I hope they progress much further! Maybe as a neutral, you can still return and support should they get into the final this season!

If I come on this topic again, I promise to talk about the Candy!

Played with Jackie at Haddington and from how he was there to how he is now is night and day. Developed into a cracking player, used to be very raw and reckless at times but age has calmed him down, great player and a genuinely sound guy and I hope it works out for him at lithgae.

Don't know about the Modric shout but defo a ringer for Mark Owen from take that [emoji4]

Don't know about the Modric shout but defo a ringer for Mark Owen from take that [emoji4]

I didn't realise he was the wee lad from Haddington? Looking back now I can see it. When I saw him in the southern league I wrote a few times that their wee number 8 was the best player in the league. He was always quality for Mussey too. The Modric shout came with his long curtains haircut from one buckied Buckie Boy next to me in the Coo Shed who shouted at him "away you tae fk Modric" as he was running the show. They know a player when they see one!!

If you guys are ever through the west or your games are called off, take a drive through to watch us and say hello, you will be made most welcome. We pass and move and try to play the right way and we have some cracking talent. The chances are our game will be on as the Glesga perma-rain is warmed by the Gulf Stream and usually just above zero degrees so it'll be wet but not frozen!! Now they half wit arses at the SJFA have saw sense and reversed their ban on the club house, I might even buy you a wee half! Might... in fact I'll downgrade it to a pie!!

MTC!

I didn't realise he was the wee lad from Haddington? Looking back now I can see it. When I saw him in the southern league I wrote a few times that their wee number 8 was the best player in the league. He was always quality for Mussey too. The Modric shout came with his long curtains haircut from one buckied Buckie Boy next to me in the Coo Shed who shouted at him "away you tae fk Modric" as he was running the show. They know a player when they see one!!

If you guys are ever through the west or your games are called off, take a drive through to watch us and say hello, you will be made most welcome. We pass and move and try to play the right way and we have some cracking talent. The chances are our game will be on as the Glesga perma-rain is warmed by the Gulf Stream and usually just above zero degrees so it'll be wet but not frozen!! Now they half wit arses at the SJFA have saw sense and reversed their ban on the club house, I might even buy you a wee half! Might... in fact I'll downgrade it to a pie!!

MTC!

Aye mate that's him, Jackie Myles. Best game I've seen him in was Scottish cup final for me he's was head and shoulders ( joke in there somewhere ) above anyone on the park. He's a 100% player and got better with age.

I will take you up on that, the wife goes through the west to see her family so I'll pop along to a game.... saves me going to the bingo with her gran [emoji23]

I will take you up on that, the wife goes through the west to see her family so I'll pop along to a game.... saves me going to the bingo with her gran [emoji23]

Any time my friend. Send me a message on here or follow us on twitter and send Scott a message and he'll pass on. I'll get that pie for you!!
MTC!

Really looking forward to tomorrow's game, just up the hill from my happy Hoose home of the last 8 years. Bringing a few of the original BUCKIE BOYS with me too so they can watch their adopted West team.

Forth holds a very special place in my heart for sentimental reasons and it was a regular stopping point on my Durham - Whitburn commute to either refuel heading back or get a wee bottle of wine (Not Devon's finest though) on my way up. Football places make connections and they always make me smile. If you look hard enough, even at sad times for football with the scandals and the plane crash ( Força ! [emoji172]) you can always remember a story, a place or a special person who brings you the most basic feelings of happiness, fondness and if you are lucky, love.

See you all tomorrow. I can't wait.

Mon the Candy!
MTC [emoji460]️[emoji172]

Archived