The P&B official Top Trumps Thread

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I'm not sure myself - these students can be quite and wild bunch!

Quite. I vaguely remember those days myself but what I can categorically recall is not having a gauge of any visiting Plumbers arsehole!

1 minute ago, Mozzamozza said:

Sounds like the think Magee would advertise on the side of his van.

"Gas Safe Registered Plumber"

"Domestic & Commercial Services Catered For"

"Broad Gauge Arsehole & Wifebeating Provided Free Of Charge"

Another story from that flat was one evening we tried mixing the remains of some cheap white wine and even cheaper cider together. The resulting concoction (which was christened Swine) was declared to be a resounding success.

So much so that we all leapt out of bed at 9am the next morning to march triumphantly to the local carryout shop to buy around 8 litres of Pulse and a few bottles of the cheapest plonk available, for our inaugural "Swine at Nine" event. SwineFest continued all day - interrupted only by repeated trips back to the offie.

I was keeping a lid on it as I was working in a pub in the afternoon. I came back around 9pm to witness some of the worst drinking-related carnage I've ever seen. Bodies and furniture scattered everywhere. Despite none of us being remotely violent-minded - even with a drink in us -  some of the all-day Swiners decided to have "stand-up" fights... basically, the closest you can get to real fighting without actually wanting to hurt the other person. 

I only mention all this because it suddenly occurred to me that these fights might have come as a result of the Swine-fuelled debates about who would beat who in the Top Trumps cards. 

20 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Another story from that flat was one evening we tried mixing the remains of some cheap white wine and even cheaper cider together. The resulting concoction (which was christened Swine) was declared to be a resounding success.

So much so that we all leapt out of bed at 9am the next morning to march triumphantly to the local carryout shop to buy around 8 litres of Pulse and a few bottles of the cheapest plonk available, for our inaugural "Swine at Nine" event. SwineFest continued all day - interrupted only by repeated trips back to the offie.

I was keeping a lid on it as I was working in a pub in the afternoon. I came back around 9pm to witness some of the worst drinking-related carnage I've ever seen. Bodies and furniture scattered everywhere. Despite none of us being remotely violent-minded - even with a drink in us -  some of the all-day Swiners decided to have "stand-up" fights... basically, the closest you can get to real fighting without actually wanting to hurt the other person. 

I only mention all this because it suddenly occurred to me that these fights might have come as a result of the Swine-fuelled debates about who would beat who in the Top Trumps cards. 

:lol:

My best mate spent the weekend in the cells after a home drink fest and prescription drugs cocktail turned bad. He apparently burst into the Royal Bar shouting "I live upstairs" (which he did at the time) then proceeded to smash the place up and give the Manager and a one of the patrons a kicking.

Judge gave him 100 hours community service and insisted he took an anger management course.

The Manager had to be persueded through from the back office when he went in the following week to apologise.

• 11 months later...
On 27/07/2017 at 13:18, Mon Dieu said:

Grimmy O'Connor / Grimbo / Grim

@Spartans Telly / @Grim O'Grady

When playing this card:

1 |  Game ends.

2 |  Everyone loses.

ijnwfFP.png

ETA: Mon Dieu

Grim's polar-opposite:

Quality > Quantity
Positive > Negative

Unlike Grimbo, @chigsy91 didn't outstay his welcome and received rapturous applause for his confession to granslaughter.

(The most 'greenied' post of all time.)

Cheerio Chigsy - we hardly knew ye.

0vxrtbh.png