Dunfermline Athletic v inverness Caledonian Thistle

ICTChris

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Good lesson tonight. We played ok against a much better team. Couldn't take our chances but they were clinical. Perhaps we were missing Reilly in that respect.

I really like young Williamson, but he is brutal at defending. We've probably wringed most of our budget, but we look as if we still could be doing with beefing up the full back areas. 

I think it was a little naive to think he was going to be capable as our first choice full back in this league. I'd rather we used him sparingly and in an attacking role only. Martin is better and maybe Fordyce can play if he gets fit quickly?

Oh so close. Nice video but you ruined it by typing and delving straight into your bag of clichés from 2011 and before.

Everyone knows that the natural order of Dunfermline being a considerably better club than Morton will be restored this season.

Either that or we'll take another easy twelve points off your rabble; in the same way that a competent club absolutely hounded you on your own bin this evening. 

Tough call tbh.

First game iv seen this season and the scoreline didn't reflect the game IMO. But my opinion on team is.

Hutton : distribution is poor
Williamson: poor defensively, attacking is great but can't find a man with final ball. If he had picked the right pass it's a completely different game.
BRE: not much wrong
Ashcroft: solid game one of our better players tonight
Talbot: slow and was easily beat all game.
Spence: gave the ball away far to often and pretty lightweight.
McCabe: some good passes/touches nothing more.
Geggan: solid I'm the middle and great header, drifted out the game second half.
Cardle: shocking all game and getting involved with things he shouldn't, daft free kicks and was poor
Moffat: missing very good chances that cost us.
Higginbotham: comfortably the best player in a pars Jersey.

We need to get a couple of strikers in tho as we are clearly short of options up top when Reilly is out

Hutton isn't good enough. First time he's been tested, when I've seen him in a Pars shirt, and he just isn't good enough.

In the defence, Williamson is so poor defensively. BRE had his worst game I've seen. His ridiculous pass back, when the ball was already going to the keeper cost us the first goal. He was then poor all game, before being beaten in the air by someone a head smaller than him for the 4th goal. His concentration is so poor.
Needs to learn! Ashcroft was ok. Talbot ran ragged all game, by a very good winger.

McCabe was poor. Distribution wasn't as good as we should be expecting. Spence worked hard, but just wasn't good enough. Cardle was anonymous all game. Geggan did as well as he could, constantly covering for the other 3.

Higginbotham is a class act, and is probably wondering why he came here. Moffat is never a striker. Two great chances. One, he lost the chance by not attacking the ball. The other he stayed out wide, rather than opening up the goal for himself. He's good at linking up play, but he's the last person I want to see the ball going to in/around the box. Sorry, but 2 goals against Arbroath mean nothing, if you're bottling chances like he did tonight - as he's done for the last 2 years!

The ref was poor, but cannot be blamed for the result at all. Inverness took their chances well, and were well worth the win. Enough of this "we played well" crap. We lost 5-1. You can't argue that you played well, when you concede 5 goals. Worth pointing out that Inverness hit the post at least 3 times, albeit they scored from the rebound on one of them. Was really impressed with their number 15, I think he'll do really well in the top flight, if he plays to that level every week.

Murdoch, Paton, Reilly and Wedderburn would all improve tonight's team. Not convinced by McMullan yet, he seems very lightweight, and the game has passed him by when he's come on in both home games. We had 6 players (including Paton, on the bench) unavailable tonight. In a squad of 18, that's always going to provide a challenge. I thought we should have been more capable than that though. Completely outclassed. That said, I wish Inverness all the best for the season. Played some good football tonight, and have really impressed me when I've seen them in the last few years.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Played pretty much every game before tonight. Got a bit of concussion at the end of the cowdenbeath game so missed tonight.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Yes. Tonight's game was the first he has missed.

Cheers. Noticed he wasn`t involved tonight. Good player, should do well for you.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Cheers. Noticed he wasn`t involved tonight. Good player, should do well for you.

Moffat has a disturbing tendency to miss absolute sitters, so here's hoping. 

Thought we played well tonight started off a bit slow but got into as the game went on, Dunfermline played some nice stuff at times and was impressed

Vigurs seemed a different player to last season, Mulraney was outstanding in the first half and was very impressed with Mcnaughton as well

Good luck for the rest of the season

Couldn't believe Reilly didn't start or that Wedderburn wasn't in the squad at all (presume both are injured?) and they were both missed big time. Murdoch and Paton will also improve the team and Lewis Martin should see more action on this showing.

One up front with one in the number 10 position doesn't work for us - Williamson (who was good enough going forward but poor defensively) got into some great positions to cut the ball back but with only one striker there was never a ball on (one time Moffat made space but nobody came into it, on another Talbot was the furthest forward!). Moffat shows great movenent but without a partner it often comes to naught. McCabe is wasted wide and is certainly not the kind of player you want when you need to dig in, harry, press and keep possession with simple passes. Spence did OK but at times it was him and Geggan against three or four from Inverness. I've never drank the Ben Kool-Aid and tonight he had a stinker.

Inverness looked good, Vigurs was excellent and some of their goals were excellent. The right winger looked dangerous and pacy although he was one of several players to throw himself down very easily (not saying they weren't necessarily fouls but they were not as bad as they were made out to be). I'll have to see a replay for the handball but it certainly looked in the 'seen them given' category. Bit disappointed that ICT couldn't beat Utd and now fear we don't have enough to win up there and sneak into the next round.

Archived